daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 1st, 2013, 02:58 AM   #2361
IngMarco

Likes (Received): 2624

I've been in the complex too, it is a lot of good things but calling uniconic somewhere you haven't been just proves the childish attitude from this guy towards the project.

"but I've seen many mountains" I kind of get his point about the mountains... but it made me laugh so hard.

Just ignore him.
IngMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM   #2362
JMGV196
BANNED

Likes (Received): 83

Anybody has any new pictures or updates?
JMGV196 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM   #2363
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
No, height is completely insignificant to the USA. They have no need for it, since they are not insecure of their power. Even so, they had the world's tallest building until 2004. The height game is unimportant and obsolete in such a developed country and even still, the USA is pushing it with all these new residential towers.
You know what would be uniconic? If he built a parking lot over the entire thing, but instead he is giving lower manhattan a rebirth with the highest quality office buildings ever made. But all everyone cares about is a few meters or so lost, and, get this, the order they're being built in. Calling him greedy..pfft. You people are the greedy ones! It's infuriating to see such ignorant comments, my god.
Surprisingly good post.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #2364
Chibears85
MEOW!

Likes (Received): 669

No new news lately im guessing.
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #2365
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

No need to bump here. It won't rise anytime soon, the only work being done is at the basement floors until the transportation hub is open.
This is the situation as of 1 february.
[IMG]http://i46.************/2814h8g.jpg[/IMG]
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #2366
usafarid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

at what time this tower will find a tenant ??.
i wait for the tower rising!!!
usafarid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #2367
MrSlippery519

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafarid View Post
at what time this tower will find a tenant ??.
i wait for the tower rising!!!
It's going to be a while I would imagine. Tower 3 needs to be finalized first with a tenant
MrSlippery519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #2368
LouDagreat
High in the sky

Likes (Received): 150

Shame Tower 3 is being constructed before Tower 2.
LouDagreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #2369
Nikonov_Ivan

Likes (Received): 704

Is there going to be a sky lobby( like in 1WTC)?
Nikonov_Ivan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:39 AM   #2370
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Silverstein's Jeremy Moss Talks 2,3 And 4 WTC

Quote:
Before Jeremy Moss, senior vice president of leasing at Silverstein Properties, joined the firm four and a half years ago, he spent eight years working at Forest City Ratner, a tenure that culminated in a role managing the leasing of the office space at the New York Times building. He called working alongside Bruce Ratner and MaryAnne Gilmartin on the Times building “a great learning experience that prepared me well for the World Trade Center.” Mr. Moss helped oversee leasing at Silverstein’s 7 World Trade Center and is now leading efforts at 2, 3 and 4 World Trade Center. “I feel fortunate to be able to work on such a historic project, particularly as a native New Yorker,” Mr. Moss said when he sat down with The Commercial Observer last week to discuss his leasing efforts at the World Trade Center, its impacts on lower Manhattan and the future of the market.

----

Where are you focusing your energy next?

With 7 World Trade Center fully leased, we’re focused on 4 World Trade Center, which will open at the end of 2013. It’s the next chapter in the history of the rebuilding of the World Trade Center, and I’m really looking forward to walking people into that lobby and showing them the extraordinary architecture and the views. We are very focused on leasing at that building, and we’re in discussions with a number of different companies looking for larger blocks of space—anywhere from 200,000 to one million [square] feet.

Who are you marketing it to, and what can tenants look forward to?

The lobby has a 46-foot-high ceiling, which creates an extraordinary impression when you enter the building. There’s a granite floor, floor-to-ceiling glass and polished black granite on the wall, which is designed to reflect the park behind you as you enter the lobby, intended to make you feel like you’re outside. I can’t think of another lobby like it in New York City. And up top, you have 360-degree views that are spectacular, and the advantage that we have in the location is that we don’t have any other building obstructing our views—we have views of the river, we have views of Midtown—so it’s really spectacular.

We’re seeing interest from a whole range of different tenants in all sorts of industries, and I think that speaks to two things: the appeal of new construction because of the efficiency it offers and the impact that a sustainable building can have on productivity.

Can you talk more about those impacts?

The buildings are all LEED-certified. That not only has obvious societal benefits, but it has a significant impact on the experience of the people working in the building, their satisfaction level and productivity. The buildings are all designed with floor-to-ceiling glass and extra-high ceilings, which allow for an abundance of natural light to permeate the entire space. The views make everyone feel like they’re working in a special place. And the awareness that the space is having a positive impact on the environment also makes people feel really good about their work space.

What’s the situation at 2 and 3 World Trade Center?

We’re in discussion with tenants that would anchor 3 World Trade Center, which would allow us to continue construction to completion by the end of 2016. Construction started and we built the first few floors, which gives us a significant advantage in terms of the time frame within which we can deliver the building to prospective tenants. Two World Trade Center is complete up to street level, and that’s a building that will be triggered by a lease commitment in the future—by a large anchor tenant.

[...]
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #2371
StrongIsland

Likes (Received): 282

So unfortunate this wont rise for a while, I would have much rather seen this up then Tower 4...but it's all about the $$$$$
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM   #2372
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

i have much rather seen this up than Tower 1. This is my favorite of the whole WTC project, maybe even in the whole city it is a shame it struggles that much
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:41 PM   #2373
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

yes, i like this more than 3WTC too. but i've no doubts both towers will be build soon enough
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #2374
Amastroi2017
The Power Of Roof Height

Likes (Received): 112

No need to keep bumping this thread. Construction has been on-hold since early 2012.

Only if we have actual news that is relevant should this thread be bumped.

Amastroi2017 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #2375
tim1807
faster than buildings

You just bumped it yourself
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #2376
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Now you bumped it.

Wait....
damn it...

Can't wait to see the diamonds lit like this.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #2377
ophizer

Likes (Received): 132

you people are cruel
ophizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #2378
tim1807
faster than buildings

Cool slim render on the fence.
By NYguy.
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:42 PM   #2379
Chibears85
MEOW!

Likes (Received): 669

Don't know if you guys heard, but 2WTC is said to be cancelled, and 3WTC will be the last WTC building to be built. It was in the newspaper this morning:

Last edited by Chibears85; April 1st, 2013 at 10:48 PM.
Chibears85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:50 PM   #2380
tehlazerviking

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears85 View Post
Don't know if you guys heard, but 2WTC is said to be cancelled, and 3WTC will be the last WTC building to be built. It was in the newspaper this morning:
Nice troll job!
tehlazerviking no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center