daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 11th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #2661
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears85 View Post
I see a lot of things that could be removed to save money.

Merge all the 'diamonds'
Flatten the top of 2WTC
Remove antenna on top
Realistically, though. There would be no point building it if those happened to the design. The removal of fins would be the closest thing to a 'value engineer' I would imagine, but fins are cheap and easy to make, and wouldn't save much, anyway, so it would be pointless to remove them.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #2662
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears85 View Post
I see a lot of things that could be removed to save money.

Merge all the 'diamonds'
Flatten the top of 2WTC
Remove antenna on top
This will be built, as designed. There are a lot of tenants seeking space, and the economy hasn't even started a strong recovery yet.

wtcforever liked this post
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #2663
nycaddict

Likes (Received): 135

will the diamonds light up at night? that would be awesome!
nycaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #2664
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2922

Yes, the diamonds will be lit.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ

nycaddict, sgollis liked this post
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #2665
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 876

So why this delay? Must be very complicated. Can someone explain?

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #2666
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

Lack of tenants. You can read all about that in the previous pages.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #2667
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Related has just pre-leased, at cost, around 4m sf space for its yet to be constructed towers. I've been predicting for years that no one could compete for tenants when Related was "giving space away," but for the initial lease in Tower 3, which also probably was offered at cost in order to trigger financing.

Eric Offereins, Kanto liked this post
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:08 AM   #2668
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
According to Silverstein's website:
http://www.wtc.com/leasing/leasing-tower-2

2 WTC = 3.1 m sq ft
3 WTC = 2.5 m sq ft
4 WTC = 2.3 m sq ft
7 WTC = 1.7 m sq ft

On Durst's website for tower 1:
http://www.durst.org/properties/one-world-trade-center

1 WTC = 3 m sq ft

If these figures are accurate posted by the building owners, then I'm not surprised that 2 WTC just edges Tower 1 in total sq footage, because 2WTC looks to be bulkier than Tower 1 from the models.
No way 1 WTC is only 3 million. I've seen multiple sources between 3.45 and 3.51. I believe what you have lists office space, for 4WTC does have 1.7-1.8 in office space.

Kanto liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #2669
RobertWalpole
BANNED

This would kick start construction of @ WTC even without a tenant:

Judge to weigh whether WTC owners can seek money from airlines over 9/11By Larry Neumeister, Associated Press

A judge who has presided over most of the litigation stemming from the Sept. 11 attacks will decide whether the owners of the World Trade Center can try to make aviation companies pay billions of dollars in damages.

U.S. District Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein said he will announce his decision immediately after hearing several witnesses and listening to arguments in a nonjury trial starting Monday and expected to last three days.

The trial will decide whether World Trade Center Properties and its affiliates can receive more than the $4.9 billion in insurance proceeds they have already recovered since the 9/11 attacks by terrorists who hijacked commercial airliners and flew them into the 110-story twin towers. The attacks led to the destruction of the towers as well as a third trade center building.

Advertise | AdChoicesIf the judge should decide that the World Trade Center owners were entitled to additional money, a liability trial might occur. The defendants include American Airlines Inc., AMR Corp., United Airlines Inc., US Airways Inc., Colgan Air Inc., Boeing Co. and the Massachusetts Port Authority, among others.

The airlines and other aviation-related companies were sued with the reasoning that they were negligent, allowing terrorists to board airplanes and overtake their crews before plunging the planes into the trade....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...lines-over-911

Kanto liked this post
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #2670
RobertWalpole
BANNED

New York NewsJudge to mull if airlines owe World Trade Center owners over 9/11Updated at 07:59
LARRY NEUMEISTER

NEW YORK -- A judge who has presided over most of the litigation stemming from the Sept. 11 attacks will decide whether the owners of the World Trade Center can try to make aviation companies pay billions of dollars in damages.

U.S. District Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein said he will announce his decision immediately after hearing several witnesses and listening to arguments in a nonjury trial starting Monday and expected to last three days.

The trial will decide whether World Trade Center Properties and its affiliates can receive more than the $4.9 billion in insurance proceeds they have already recovered since the 9/11 attacks by terrorists who hijacked commercial airliners and flew them into the 110-story twin towers. The attacks led to the destruction of the towers as well as a third trade center building.

If the judge should decide that the World Trade Center owners were entitled to additional money, a liability trial might occur. The defendants include American Airlines Inc., AMR Corp., United Airlines Inc., US Airways Inc., Colgan Air Inc., Boeing Co. and the Massachusetts Port Authority, among others.

The airlines and other aviation-related companies were sued with the reasoning that they were negligent, allowing terrorists to board airplanes and overtake their crews before plunging the planes into the trade center complex, destroying three buildings.

Hellerstein has already said the maximum the trade center owners could recover from aviation defendants would be $3.5 billion. The trade center owners say it has cost more than $7 billion to replace the twin towers and more than $1 billion to replace the third trade center building that fell.

In court papers, both sides have accused the other of unfairly characterizing their claims, with the aviation defendants saying the trade center owners were being "absurd" and the complex's owners labeling some of the aviation defendants' arguments as "nonsense."

The aviation defendants say Hellerstein should conclude that the trade center owners are entitled to no award because they've already been reimbursed by insurance companies for the same damage they are trying to force aviation defendants to pay for as well. They also note that the replacement buildings are more modern and fancy than the original buildings.

Of the 7 World Trade Center building - the first to be rebuilt after the attacks - the lawyers wrote that the trade center owners "built a new, state of the art 'green' building that bears little resemblance to the office building that collapsed as a result of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks."

They said they plan to call only two witnesses: an expert on law and economics and an expert in the adjustment of insurance claims. Additional evidence they will introduce will include leases, insurance policies, proof of loss, communications between trade center leaseholders and their insurers, and financial statements.

In their court papers, the trade center's owners insist that recovering money from aviation defendants would not result in a "double recovery" because of the billions they've already received from insurers. And they note that their rebuilding costs "far exceed" what they've received from insurers.

Kanto, Swiddle liked this post
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #2671
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

This is good news! Meaning the decision is imminent. I really hope this will be a favorable outcome and Silverstein can start 2WTC along 3 WTC for completion by next year. I'm hanging by the toe for this news!

Kanto, wtcforever liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #2672
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

There's still Silverstein's case against MassPort too...
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #2673
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2922

I'm saving myself from having a heart attack until 2 WTC rises.

This will be the best office tower in NY IMO.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #2674
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
This is good news! Meaning the decision is imminent. I really hope this will be a favorable outcome and Silverstein can start 2WTC along 3 WTC for completion by next year. I'm hanging by the toe for this news!
I don't think so. It sounds like this is simply a summary judgment motion hearing on which a decision is imminent but that a trial would occur thereafter.

Kanto liked this post
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #2675
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

That is what I read as well.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #2676
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
If the judge should decide that the World Trade Center owners were entitled to additional money, a liability trial might occur. The defendants include American Airlines Inc., AMR Corp., United Airlines Inc., US Airways Inc., Colgan Air Inc., Boeing Co. and the Massachusetts Port Authority, among others.
lol! My reading comprehension has been a bit faulty lately

Even so, a positive ruling will be one step closer in this forever dragging Insurance Claim. Can't move forward without step one.

At this rate... With a probable series of hearings afterwards, I am hopeful that 2WTC gets an anchor tenant before this debacle is all said and done.

I have high hopes for a couple of companies that are Space Hungry that has the ability to fully lease a building all by their own if they choose to.

Credit Suisse, Citibank and Newscorp.

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; July 15th, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #2677
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
No way 1 WTC is only 3 million. I've seen multiple sources between 3.45 and 3.51. I believe what you have lists office space, for 4WTC does have 1.7-1.8 in office space.

Yea I think your right.

I also read 1 wtc had a total of 3.5 m sf somewher. So the 3 m sf probably represents the total office space.

I think the figures for 2 WTC is inaccurate posted in silverstein's website. It stated it had 3.1 m sf but I think that represents the whole sq footage of the building. The total office space in 2 WTC should be around 2.6 m sf and the difference would probably be the retail component of the tower.

Kanto liked this post
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #2678
DarkShadows1966
Construction Updater

Likes (Received): 460

July 14

------------------------------------------------------
ROCK ME AMADEUS -Falco
Vote here: https://goo.gl/CbXQB7

Kanto, Swiddle liked this post
DarkShadows1966 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #2679
mindgoessnap

Likes (Received): 43

[edited because I cannot figure out how to embed a picture link from Twitter]

Last edited by mindgoessnap; July 17th, 2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Broken twitter link
mindgoessnap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #2680
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Key Ruling Nears in World Trade Center Developer Damages Suit.Article Comments Law Blog HOME PAGE ».smaller Larger .
facebook twitter google plus linked in inShare.0EmailPrint
smaller Larger facebooktwittergoogle pluslinked ininShare.0EmailPrintBy Eliot Brown

AFP/Getty ImagesFor nearly a decade, World Trade Center developer Larry Silverstein has sought to make the aviation industry compensate him for what he described as “reckless” security breaches on Sept. 11, 2001.

This week in federal district court in Lower Manhattan, a trial is underway on the long-running tort litigation between Mr. Silverstein and two airlines and their insurers.

The developer, who signed a 99-year lease to control the Twin Towers less than two months before the 2001 terrorist attacks, has already recovered $4.1 billion from a group of property insurers.

The non-jury trial, which started Monday and is expected to end with a judge’s ruling as early as Thursday, is to determine if Mr. Silverstein’s World Trade Center Properties is entitled to seek to billions of dollars in damages from the airlines and their insurers.

If U.S. district judge Alvin Hellerstein rules against Mr. Silverstein, it would bring an end to the last of the developer’s damages litigation related to the terrorist attack. But if he wins, a court would still have to decide if the airlines are at fault, and how much money Mr. Silverstein is owed, if any at all.

Litigation has played a key role in the rebuilding of the World Trade Center. Mr. Silverstein engaged in a multi-year legal battle with his property insurers over the amount of damages he was eligible to receive, ultimately winning $4.1 billion in 2004. That has gone toward rebuilding and making rent payments on his 99-year lease of the 16-acre site to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

One problem: That amount is far short of what’s needed to rebuild.

The four skyscrapers planned to replace the Twin Towers — two of which are under construction and slated to open by 2015 — carry a price tag of roughly $10 billion. Public aid has run into the billions of dollars, but without landing any tenants, Mr. Silverstein can’t start on either of the two remaining buildings without an infusion of new money.

That’s where the case being heard this week fits in: Should Mr. Silverstein’s company win any more money, he has said the award would go toward rebuilding.

The trial should determine how much– if any—additional money Mr. Silverstein is eligible to receive because of the terrorist attacks. Judge Hellerstein has ruled that total damages under torts law for the landlord are capped at $2.8 billion, the value of Mr. Silverstein’s 99-year lease just before the 2001 attack.

Given that Mr. Silverstein has already been awarded $4.1 billion from his property insurers, the question being debated in the trial is how much of that award should count toward the $2.8 billion limit.

The airlines say that all of it should, and therefore Mr. Silverstein isn’t entitled to anything more.

Mr. Silverstein’s company, though, is arguing that the vast majority of the $4.1 billion doesn’t correspond to the torts limit, and thus the developer should be eligible for more damages awards from the airlines. That’s because the bulk of that $4.1 billion was earmarked for rebuilding — as opposed to a reimbursement for lost income — which the developer says shouldn’t count toward the limit.

The trial is expected to end on Thursday.

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center