daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 9th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #2741
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I love buildings with fins, like a pinstripe Armani suit. The angles and the sunlight will make this tower look extraorinary.

wtcforever liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #2742
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
I love buildings with fins, like a pinstripe Armani suit. The angles and the sunlight will make this tower look extraorinary.

That's what I keep seeing when I look at One57. I love it
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #2743
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3586

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post
That's what I keep seeing when I look at One57. I love it
Heh, except an Armani suit wouldn't have a random pixel pattern down the sides and a blank, lighter-colored back. Although maybe I shouldn't put it past those zany Italians.

I agree about the stripes, anyway. When done right they can make any tower look taller and more dignified. I think 2WTC shares a similar DNA with the Chow Tai Fook tower in Guangzhou (which is why that tower is probably my favorite going up in China). I'd stopped thinking about it too much -- the wait being what it is -- but my excitement for this tower is growing again.
MarshallKnight está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #2744
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Heh, except an Armani suit wouldn't have a random pixel pattern down the sides and a blank, lighter-colored back. Although maybe I shouldn't put it past those zany Italians.

Haha, yeah, I should have been clear and said the front side of the building. A suit that looks like the sides of One57 would be very ugly

L.A.F.2., MarshallKnight liked this post
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #2745
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
NY filling millions of square feet of space during a languid economy, and while the market is strong, "Wall St" is not doing that well worldwide. When the general economy is very strong in a few years, 2 WTC will get a tenant, if not sooner.
Don't forget the same could have been said when the original WTC went up...and the ESB before that. Good follows bad, it's just a matter of time irrelevant to us mere humans.
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #2746
Amastroi2017
The Power Of Roof Height

Likes (Received): 112

Why don't you all start posting useless comments for the Pentominium in Dubai since you like bumping ON HOLD buildings so much.

Sorry, that's right it is just this tower that continuously is bumped for no reason.

I've never seen an ON HOLD building stay in the top of the Proposed Supertalls section for so long and for no reason.

Amastroi2017 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #2747
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amastroi2017 View Post
Why don't you all start posting useless comments for the Pentominium in Dubai since you like bumping ON HOLD buildings so much.

Sorry, that's right it is just this tower that continuously is bumped for no reason.

I've never seen an ON HOLD building stay in the top of the Proposed Supertalls section for so long and for no reason.

Damn, who pissed in your beer? We aren't allowed to talk about something that is on hold? The solution for you is very simple....there should be a thread right under this one on the Proposed Supertalls section. Click that one so you don't have to read our useless comments instead of coming here to post YOUR USELESS COMMENTS
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #2748
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amastroi2017
Maybe I should just post a render of every ON HOLD building in the Proposed Supertalls section.

I've never seen so many renders of the same building posted over and over and over and over and over again.

By the way, I have requested the thread be temporarily closed and have sent z0rg a private message to close it.

The thread will be closed mark my words. I won't stop until it is.

Good luck with getting the thread closed
Here's a new beer
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #2749
Archaean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 311

Ignore amastroi. He dislikes seeing other people enjoy things. If this thread is closed, half the threads in the proposed supertall section should be closed.
Archaean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #2750
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
where did you hear that?
at the official WTC Facebook site, but i miss read it it was WTC 3.

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2751
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amastroi2017 View Post

I wasn't going to say anything, but I saw that you actually went so far as to complain about this thread in a completely unrelated thread. Grow up.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #2752
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Chase is selling their 60 storey tower, 1 Chase Manhattan Plaza with over 2.2m sq ft in downtown that could fetch over $1 Billion. I hope they seriously look into 2WTC for their new home to get things going. Theoretically, if they wish they could almost lease the entire 2 WTC all by themselves.

JPMorgan’s 1 Chase tower hits the market
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/08/...ts-the-market/

Here are my list of potential major tenants looking for a large chunk of space that would be candidates for the WTC complex / Hudson Yards Development that I have read about.

1) Credit Suisse (3m sq ft)
2) Citicorp (2.6m sq ft)
3) Chase (2.2m sq ft)
4) News Corp. (1.9m sq ft)
5) Ralph Lauren (800k sq ft)
6) Sony Corp (550K sq ft)
7) Amazon (500K sq ft)

L.A.F.2., CrazyAboutCities liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #2753
baseball1992

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Chase is selling their 60 storey tower, 1 Chase Manhattan Plaza with over 2.2m sq ft in downtown that could fetch over $1 Billion. I hope they seriously look into 2WTC for their new home to get things going. Theoretically, if they wish they could almost lease the entire 2 WTC all by themselves.

JPMorgan’s 1 Chase tower hits the market
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/08/...ts-the-market/

Here are my list of potential major tenants looking for a large chunk of space that would be candidates for the WTC complex / Hudson Yards Development that I have read about.

1) Credit Suisse (3m sq ft)
2) Citicorp (2.6m sq ft)
3) Chase (2.2m sq ft)
4) News Corp. (1.9m sq ft)
5) Ralph Lauren (800k sq ft)
6) Sony Corp (550K sq ft)
7) Amazon (500K sq ft)
Lets hope that is what happens. I'd love to watch 2 WTC and 3WTC go up at the same time.
baseball1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #2754
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

It would seem to be a tough building to sell though. JPM Chase say they will move out once a sale is done. It'll take a bullish investor to plop down a billion dollars on a tower they know will eventually be empty.

Oh well, it's not my money I guess. Fingers crossed they move to 2WTC.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #2755
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

I don't know about that. 1CMP's got large floors throughout, and will come at a much cheaper price to possible tenants. They may want a cheaper building that's already built and ready for occupation rather than an expensive, unbuilt one.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #2756
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
It would seem to be a tough building to sell though. JPM Chase say they will move out once a sale is done. It'll take a bullish investor to plop down a billion dollars on a tower they know will eventually be empty.

Oh well, it's not my money I guess. Fingers crossed they move to 2WTC.
JPMC occupies only around half of the tower. A huge law firm, Milbank, leases 350k square feet. Their lease expired this year but had a five year renewal option, which Milbank exercised.

According to the following article in the 17th of August NYT, the tower might be converted partly to residential and hotel uses.

Anyway, JPMC clearly will be searching for at least 1m more sf. (1 Vanderbilt would be a nice spot for them, since it's near JPMC's midtown campus on Park and on Vanderbilt.

Milbank also will be seeking 400k sf to occupy in 2013. I could see them going to 3 WTC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/17/ny...=nyregion&_r=0

Last edited by RobertWalpole; August 17th, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2757
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Honestly, I think this building will probably get built sooner or later, but probably later. Silverstein won't build tower 2 without an anchor tenant, but he'll get an anchor tenant and ten years or less. If 3 WTC can get a tenant, and they're probably going to get one, 2 WTC can get one, too. I just hope I'm right.

onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:31 PM   #2758
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8232

better later, yet the quality it deserves than now with many things scratched or changed.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:47 PM   #2759
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
better later, yet the quality it deserves than now with many things scratched or changed.
Changing the design should be considered as a crime.

onewtclover, wtcforever liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:47 PM   #2760
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

I bet a lot of us skyscraper lovers feel that 2 WTC is the jewel of this complex and if the design gets changed, we should cry about it. But I heard that the intermediate and the bigger spandrels every 2 and 5 floors were scrapped (the spandrels are the big lines across the building) and they changed the color of the cladding to regular blue, like 1, 4, and probably 3 WTC.

I hoped those are the only things that will get changed. But when you think about it, all of the towers were changed dramatically, especially 1 and 3 WTC. Someone on the thread even said many pages back that they wouldn't be surprised if 2 WTC got a flat roof.
Lets see what has changed since SOM redesigned the buildings.

1 WTC:
1. Sloped base corners squared off
2. Prismatic glass changed into "fin" glass, as I call it
3. Most importantly, the randome was scrapped

2 WTC:
1. Spandrels removed
2. Cladding from silver to blue

3 WTC:
1. X- bracing removed

4 WTC:
I think there was no change, but I'm not sure.
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center