daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 7th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #2821
Shakkur98

Likes (Received): 271

Here's a article that mentions a lot about the other towers, and a little something about Two World Trade Center.
http://www.newsday.com/911-anniversa...lity-1.6020583
Shakkur98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #2822
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

4 WTC is completed basically and 2 WTC only has its foundations done, and 5 WTC has to change its design, and it probably won't get built... And there's not even a 6 WTC. At least 2 WTC will be completed eventually.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #2823
PABLOEING

Likes (Received): 28

The most impresive building in ny on hold....very sad
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #2824
onewtclover

NY? Most impressive building in the WHOLE WORLD on hold!

And don't be sad- just look at the "big picture". It's like one of those nursery books your mom bought you when you were little, only a little more violent.

Once there were two twin towers standing side by side.

But oh no! Two planes crashed into them on one tragic day. They fell. But it wasn't over yet.

People wanted to rebuild the World Trade Center.

But, people didn't want to rebuild it. They said, "Leave it as a memorial! Don't rebuild on sacred ground!"

But eventually, construction started. First, it started slow, but construction soon went so swiftly. People around the world watched the buildings rise.

In the end, the rebuilt World Trade Center consisted of 5 (or six depending on wheter 5 WTC gets built) buildings that were even more marvelous as the towers before. And they live happily ever after.

Okay, so it didn't rhyme, and it wasn't great literature, but that's the big picture. We're in the part where construction is slow (for 2 WTC, because it's on hold). But 2 WTC is an important building that almost HAS to be rebuilt, so I wouldn't be worried about it being cancelled.

Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:18 PM   #2825
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

I don't want you freaks to get all horned up in here, but could there be a possible anchor tenant for 2 World Trade Center??? keeping fingers crossed!

One of the companies that I had been hoping that would make such a move because they would require so much space that they could pretty much take a whole building is.....

Citigroup zeroing in on new HQ site

The global bank is choosing new digs, with downtown at the World Trade Center or existing Greenwich Street spot likely favorites. Also in the running: Hudson Yards.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...TATE/131009952

Quote:
Facing an upcoming lease expiration at its Park Avenue global headquarters, Citigroup Inc. is close to making a major decision on what it will do with the millions of square feet of office space it occupies across the metropolitan region and where it will locate the seat of its global banking operations.

The bank, which employs around 22,000 people in the city, has contemplated what strategy it should pursue for its labyrinthine real estate portfolio for several years. But several sources with direct knowledge of the bank's decision-making said it has boiled down its choices to three locations, and that the bank would make a final decision in the coming months.

Citi, like many large financial institutions, no longer needs the square footage it once did. According to Crain's research, the bank has shed 5,000 employees, almost 20% of its local workforce, since 2005. Many of its jobs have been exported to lower-cost Long Island City, Queens, where Citi owns one building and leases another.

Though the timing for a deal is still not yet set, several sources said the bank's search has now transitioned from an open-ended exploration of the market to negotiations with three landlords.

The bank will choose between the World Trade Center site, an existing twin-building complex it occupies on Greenwich Street in TriBeCa, and the Hudson Yards on the far West Side. A deal would likely include a relocation from 399 Park Ave., where it has had its global headquarters for more than 30 years. That lease, for hundreds of thousands of square feet, is set to expire in 2017. Generally large tenants like Citi plan their space moves at least two years in advance of pending expirations in order to assure an orderly transition.

"We have been looking at ways over the last several years to make more efficient use of our office space in New York, including consolidating locations," a Citi spokeswoman said. "With several leases expiring in the near future, we also have been looking at new space that is coming on the market."

At the World Trade Center site, Citi would anchor—and potentially fully occupy—a more than two-million square-foot office tower known as 2 World Trade Center to be developed by Silverstein Properties. The deal would complete the buildout of the World Trade Center site, where Silverstein Properties has nearly finished with another office building it is constructing there, 4 World Trade Center. It is also close to a major lease with the media firm GroupM that would permit it to build another tower, 3 World Trade Center. One World Trade Center, the biggest tower at the site, is also set to open next year.

Sources said that the Related Cos., the developer of a $15 billion complex of residential, office, retail and public space on top of the rail yards on the far West Side, is also trying to pull Citi into a deal to occupy a tower or multiple properties at its development

Several sources said that a front-runner in the decision could actually be a property that Citi already occupies: 388 and 390 Greenwich St., a more than 2.5 million-square-foot, twin-building complex it sold to landlord SL Green Realty Corp. in 2007 for nearly $1.6 billion. That deal would include gut renovating the properties and packing them with more staff.

"By renovating their floors there, they can make them much more efficient," a source involved in that deal said.

The large real estate services firm CBRE Grouup is advising and representing Citi in the negotiations.

Over the past few years, Citi has made incremental, rather than sweeping changes to its real estate portfolio in the city. It recent months, it shed a long time office location it had at 666 Fifth Ave. It also shrunk its footprint at 601 Lexington Ave., the slant-roofed tower that once was once named after the bank and was home to thousands of its employees.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:28 PM   #2826
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28160

It would leave an iconic building empty, but I would welcome the completion of the WTC site.

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:33 PM   #2827
N.Y.C.H

Likes (Received): 407

I have a feeling they're going to choose 2 WTC, at least i hope so!
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #2828
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

JP Morgan has an awful HQ but they're so snagged in crap I doubt they'll ever budge. Citicorp's logo would look fantastic on 2WTC!

desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #2829
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

No, no logos on the WTC. Please. None. Ever.
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #2830
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
It would leave an iconic building empty, but I would welcome the completion of the WTC site.
Citigroup has very little space left in the building on Lex that you're thinking of. Their HQ is at 399 Park. If they leave there and that tower is largely empty in time for the rezoning, perhaps it will be razed and replaced with something nicer.

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #2831
ThatOneGuy

Raze the Citigroup Center? That would be quite frankly a crime against architecture.

L.A.F.2., ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #2832
RobertWalpole
BANNED

I just stated that they have very little space in the Citigroup Center on Lex. Their HQ is a 1970s tower located at 399 Park.
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #2833
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Yea it's a popular misconception for obvious reasons.

I would not mind if 399 was razed and something new built there.

Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #2834
RobertWalpole
BANNED

I agree, VG.

Old October 4th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #2835
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

432, 425, 399 Park, 610 Lex, and citigroup could mean 5 250m+ buildings all right next to one another. Here's hoping.

Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #2836
onewtclover

I agree that the Hudson Yards is a great tower and all, and I definitely hope it gets built, but I would MUCH rather 2 WTC get picked than Hudson Yards. I think you all agree with me. 2 WTC is an architectual marvel, but really, it's a memorial to the Twin Towers and all those that died. I'm not trying to make Hudson Yards feel unimportant, but it still has some time.

I hope after a while they decide to either pick the one that has more sentimental value (of course 2 WTC would win that one) or if not, which one has the best architecture. (2 WTC might not win, but I think the odds are in its favor.) Of course, that's probably never going to happen, because they do these things based on profit, not 911 memorials.

November's going to be a magical month for the WTC. 1 WTC's spire will either be deemed a spire or an antenna, GroupM will probably finalize the deal with Silverstein, and 4 WTC is opening. (Which I think is most exciting). I wonder if Citigroup will sign a term sheet with 2 WTC in November.

Old October 4th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #2837
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

I really hope they will choose WTC2 so they can start WTC2 construction right away.

CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #2838
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
JP Morgan has an awful HQ but they're so snagged in crap I doubt they'll ever budge. Citicorp's logo would look fantastic on 2WTC!
JPM is actually the strongest bank in America, if not the world, notwithstanding their legal issues. In my opinion, their HQ is stunning. They also own the stunning former Bear Stearns tower. That being said, JPM eventually will build yet another tower, especially if it leaves its 1m sf+ of space downtown.

Old October 4th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #2839
ThatOneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Yea it's a popular misconception for obvious reasons.

I would not mind if 399 was razed and something new built there.

I think it looks good. It should be preserved.
It's always a shame to see the amount of people wanting these poor buildings destroyed...

ChuckScraperMiami#1, bozenBDJ liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #2840
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewtclover View Post
I agree that the Hudson Yards is a great tower and all, and I definitely hope it gets built, but I would MUCH rather 2 WTC get picked than Hudson Yards. I think you all agree with me. 2 WTC is an architectual marvel, but really, it's a memorial to the Twin Towers and all those that died. I'm not trying to make Hudson Yards feel unimportant, but it still has some time.

I hope after a while they decide to either pick the one that has more sentimental value (of course 2 WTC would win that one) or if not, which one has the best architecture. (2 WTC might not win, but I think the odds are in its favor.) Of course, that's probably never going to happen, because they do these things based on profit, not 911 memorials.

November's going to be a magical month for the WTC. 1 WTC's spire will either be deemed a spire or an antenna, GroupM will probably finalize the deal with Silverstein, and 4 WTC is opening. (Which I think is most exciting). I wonder if Citigroup will sign a term sheet with 2 WTC in November.
The North Tower is getting built. TW will occupy at least 1m sf of space there.

To the extent that Related is pitching to Citi, I assume that they're discussing 1 of the 2 towers that will rise on the north side of 34th.

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center