daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #3061
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28160

not anytime soon.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #3062
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 6558

It is very unlikely that a redesign is forthcoming. It is way too visible of a project for this. Besides, lets think logically. WTC 4 is full leased as of now. tower 3 is about to start being built since it secured lots of space for lease. once they will get this tower filled up and built almost all the way to the top then and only then we will see number 2 being active again. So I'd say we are in for another year unless some miracle will happen and someone will just require a huge tower all for themselves. So lets relax - it is just a pure market problem and nothing to do with any possible redevelopments based on someone's wild speculations.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.” Thomas Jefferson
"We Shall Never Surrender." Winston Churchill
“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.R. Tolkien
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

A.J.B 22 liked this post
JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #3063
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

Yep, let Tower 3 get built... hopefully within a couple of years as it's being completed proper attention can be given to Tower 2. I highly doubt Silverman who views it as his crown jewel wants to keep it in mothballs for too long.
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #3064
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFlint1985 View Post
It is very unlikely that a redesign is forthcoming. It is way too visible of a project for this. Besides, lets think logically. WTC 4 is full leased as of now. tower 3 is about to start being built since it secured lots of space for lease. once they will get this tower filled up and built almost all the way to the top then and only then we will see number 2 being active again. So I'd say we are in for another year unless some miracle will happen and someone will just require a huge tower all for themselves. So lets relax - it is just a pure market problem and nothing to do with any possible redevelopments based on someone's wild speculations.
1. 4WTC is not fully leased, more like 50%.
2. 3WTC got a height cut. Construction is likely to resume this summer, if we are lucky.
3. 1WTC design changes are a mess, the building is also not fully leased.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #3065
Trex-md
In Reason We Trust

Likes (Received): 162

It has become painstakingly obvious to me why these buildings have not been leased out yet. If you tell your insurance company you want to relocate to the World Trade Center.. Your policy's rates are gonna jump like a mudda fruckr.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Trex-md no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #3066
SomeKindOfBug

Likes (Received): 1035

Isn't 1WTC built to absurd spec? Like, it could withstand a moon falling on it or something insane.

It's a bunker. Probably one of the safest buildings on Earth.
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #3067
LastConformist

Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex-md View Post
It has become painstakingly obvious to me why these buildings have not been leased out yet. If you tell your insurance company you want to relocate to the World Trade Center.. Your policy's rates are gonna jump like a mudda fruckr.
No. The reason they are not leased is because they are charging Midtown rents at a Downtown location because the buildings were absurdly expensive to build because they bent over backwards to accommodate the NYPD's ridiculously excessive assessment of how sturdily built the buildings had to be. (The 1WTC base is built to withstand the detonation of a nuclear bomb, of all ridiculous overkill.) This is more of a problem for 1WTC than the rest of the site, but it has cascaded over to the others. It's simply much cheaper for companies looking for space to rent at Hudson Yards, for example, which is also better situated.
LastConformist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:34 AM   #3068
Trex-md
In Reason We Trust

Likes (Received): 162

How much are they charging per sq foot? And yeah, I understand that this building is over-engineered to the max and you'll probably have to go through a TSA checkpoint.. I mean don't get me wrong I personally think is extremely unlikely that there will be any major security compromises. However from the insurance companies perspective it's like telling them you want insurance for your corvette... It is equipped with all the latest anti theft and tracking devices... But you always keep it parked in Compton.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Trex-md no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #3069
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

I still believe even with all that, after WTC 3 goes up over the next couple of years there will be a few interested parties for WTC2. But until 3 is built out and gets a few more tenants WTC2 will remain on the back burner... I just for whatever reason, mainly because I don't think Silverman wants to keep that potential jewel in mothballs forever that those speculating on how far off its construction will be because of expense or overdone security concerns will be relieved to see those fears unwarranted and in less than a decade see WTC2 built. Maybe that's more hope than reality but I'd really like to believe positively.

A.J.B 22 liked this post
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #3070
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28160

Silverstein needs some tenants to get the momentum going. More will probably come when de construction of 3WTC resumes.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #3071
PABLOEING

Likes (Received): 28

¿Is not more easy to find a tenant with the building in construction?
PABLOEING no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #3072
tinyslam

Likes (Received): 892

I wish they would just start building it. Once the whole site is complete I think it will be easier to aquire tennants.
tinyslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #3073
oli83

Likes (Received): 999

Update from http://www.lowermanhattan.info/const...wer_49193.aspx

Quote:
*The following information was last updated on February 26, 2014.
  • Completing street-level structure and utilities through early 2014.
  • Final curb, sidewalk and roadway repair on Vesey and Church Streets in early 2014.
  • Temporary WTC PATH station access through 2 WTC site starting appx. spring 2014.

A.J.B 22 liked this post
oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #3074
Mercenary

Likes (Received): 201

I say wait until the Transportation Hub is built. Many in New York are not aware that such a grand structure is built. Once its completed, and the ease of commute is realized, then these buildings will attract tenants and start construction.

So if Transportation Hub opens in late 2015 or early 2016. It will take atleast a year before a tenant is signed for 2 WTC and another year before the proper financing is in place for construction to begin and another 3 years to construct and another year to finish the building before the tenants move in.

So you guys have to wait until 2023 or 2024 before this building is finished. So this building is another decade away from completion.
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #3075
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

^ A decade? I don't think so. This will restart by 2015/16. Also, don't forget, the structure is already above street level.

And btw 2WTC is pretty much the only tall tower still on hold:

56 Leonard: check
30 Park Place: check
610 Lexington Ave: check
3WTC: check
605West42nd: check

Old February 28th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #3076
Mercenary

Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
^ A decade? I don't think so. This will restart by 2015/16. Also, don't forget, the structure is already above street level.

And btw 2WTC is pretty much the only tall tower still on hold:

56 Leonard: check
30 Park Place: check
610 Lexington Ave: check
3WTC: check
605West42nd: check

2015/16? Thats only a couple of years away. And don't forget 3WTC has to go first and its still on hold until it gets more tenants.
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #3077
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
2015/16? Thats only a couple of years away. And don't forget 3WTC has to go first and its still on hold until it gets more tenants.
3WTC ain't on hold, GroupM has already signed as a tenant. Construction will resume any day now.
Old February 28th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #3078
SomeKindOfBug

Likes (Received): 1035

The longer the delay, the more concessions the constructors are going to have to make to get tenants. It's not like New York is short on office space, is it? Just from new constructions alone you're looking at a bazillion square feet of primo real estate.

The rest of the WTC site needs to get done sooner, rather than later. There's an entire third cluster about to go up and why would anyone want lower Manhattan offices in an insurance black hole when they can have midtown/hy towers all to themselves?
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 01:37 AM   #3079
nyarch21

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post

3WTC doesn't have to be built first for 2WTC to have its construction resumed, it just needs to have a good amount of tenants. Construction could restart any day. My guess is late spring, but nobody knows for sure.
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:38 AM   #3080
jeroentje22
1 WTC IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 20

It looks like they've started creating a nice sidewalk next to two 2 wtc, they've even placed street lanterns

Quote by ThatOneGuy

A.J.B 22 liked this post
jeroentje22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center