daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 10th, 2015, 04:14 AM   #4021
hateman

Likes (Received): 1798

In honor of its location, its tenant and its truly special shape. I hereby dub this tower THE FREEDOM FRY!

A tasteful tower for a tasteful company.
We are seeking to follow the type of architecture which is good in the sense that it does not of necessity follow the whims of the moment but seeks an artistry that ought to be good, as far as we can tell, for all time to come. -FDR

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by hateman; June 10th, 2015 at 04:20 AM.
hateman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:29 AM   #4022
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1548

What injustice has been wrought upon a site of such symbolic nature. What travesty has been wronged to the memory of those who have perished. What once was supposed to be an iconic emblem of architecture has been infected by a venereal disease. This is too much. Too much! The wounds will never heal. The scars have been made worse. This building has murdered this site. A giant turd like a middle finger mocking us all. Kill me now. Just ******* kill me...
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:37 AM   #4023
Doubleu1117

Likes (Received): 18

I've been thinking about this all day now, and my whole thought process on this tower has done a complete 180. I spent several years looking forward to this tower. It was by far my favorite and most anticipated. After al the delays and stoppages I was waiting at every detail. Now, as the tower is finally moving forward, I am going to be dreading this tower for years until it's finished. I just can't fathom that this monstrosity will one day stand, and then we will have to look at it for a century. I am just so disappointed and I feel like I wasted so much of my time looking forward to it. There are some towers I don't love, but this is the first one that I think will harm the skyline.
And the added blow of taking away 3WTC's spires its been a rough day.
BIG really disappointed, this is not a site to experiment with and be edgy, and unique. They really blew it.
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:51 AM   #4024
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22528

HOPE

http://wtc.com/upload/media/press-ki...Fact-Sheet.pdf

Quote:
200 GREENWICH STREET / 2 WTC BUILDING FACTS
NAME: 200 Greenwich Street/2 WTC
TYPE: High-rise
PROGRAM: Commercial
CLIENT: Silverstein Properties & 21st Century Fox / News Corp
ARCHITECT: BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group
TOTAL SIZE: 2.8 million rentable sf (260,000 sm)
LOBBY SIZE: 38,000 sf (3,530 sm) 40 feet tall
TRAIN CONNECTIONS: WTC Transit Hub / Direct access to 11 Subway lines & PATH trains
TENANTS: approx. 50% committed to 21 Century Fox / News Corp
HEIGHT:~80 Stories/ ~1,340 feet(408 meters) tall
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:55 AM   #4025
DUBAI10000

Likes (Received): 436

^ The cantilevers are a litttle like ShOP designed 111 west 57th, but 111 west 57th is great looking this on the other hand looks like *******. Also by not liking a tower BIG producing does not mean we think we are smarter than Google of Murdoch, however if murdoch does like this tower I think I and a lot of other people have much better taste than him!
DUBAI10000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:55 AM   #4026
1WTC

Likes (Received): 25

Never been so happy to see the words "concept design". Who knows maybe BIG will redesign this tower. It sure would be in WTC fashion if a redesign happens.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
1WTC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:56 AM   #4027
(:

Likes (Received): 229

You mean the "concept design"? Because I am almost certain it has passed that stage at this point, unfortunately.
(: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:02 AM   #4028
Anday

Likes (Received): 1017

Terminate Ingels Two World Trade Center design

"Terminate Ingels is an organization to stop the Ingels Two World Trade Center redesign from being built. We are calling attention to Larry Silverstein, Bjarke Ingels, the PANYNJ, and David Childs to stop the drafting and discussion of the Ingels Two World Trade Center redesign. We are also calling to attention 21st Century Fox and Newscorp (the tenets for Two World Trade Center), and the CEO of 21st Century Fox, James Murdoch, to STOP influencing Silverstein and whom ever with Ingels' Two World Trade Center design. You're a CEO Murdoch, not an architect, or not the public. The redesigned Two World Trade Center has many flaws as well as an eye sore to the Manhattan skyline, an international hub of commerce and trade. We don't want an eye sore and under rated skyscraper to be seen by millions each year. The tower looks like a Jenga stack for crying out loud! Also, the tower does not have any special lighting, unlike the Empire State Building and it's sister building, One World Trade Center. This is not okay, and special decrotive lighting should be installed in the design. There are many other design flaws, and we don't want them here at the World Trade Center site! Use the original design for the tower, or an alternative that's not Ingels'! Visit our website, www.terminateingels.weebly.com for more information on why Ingels' design should not be built, the flaws in detail, alternatives to building Two World Trade Center, and more."

https://www.change.org/p/larry-silve...-center-design

Sorry if someone posted this already.

Anday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:05 AM   #4029
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1548

This really makes me miss the twins so much. If only we still had the twins...

ThatOneGuy, Enigmatism415 liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:05 AM   #4030
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 415

At first when I saw this, I though my graphic card failed.
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:12 AM   #4031
Harryx5
Harry

Likes (Received): 11024

Quote:
Originally Posted by (: View Post
foster's design is better in every way!
I honestly can't see what people see in this tower! It's horrible. A complete insult to the WTC, NYC, and Foster, a brilliant architect who designed one of my favorite designs in NY only to be beaten out by this because Fox sayed they wanted different offices. Why not keep foster on the project and re-design the tower accordingly where it looks nice and functions properly.
I really hope this tower grows on me, otherwise I will be very disappointed in the whole site.
I agree completely.
Harryx5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:14 AM   #4032
Shakkur98

Likes (Received): 271

The only thing we can hope for is that this tower (doesn't even deserve to be called 2WTC) sees some major redesigns, look on the bright side, look how many redesigns 35 Hudson Yards went through and it's still going through them.

Last edited by Shakkur98; June 10th, 2015 at 05:39 AM.
Shakkur98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:42 AM   #4033
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by (: View Post
foster's design is better in every way!
I honestly can't see what people see in this tower! It's horrible. A complete insult to the WTC, NYC, and Foster, a brilliant architect who designed one of my favorite designs in NY only to be beaten out by this because Fox sayed they wanted different offices. Why not keep foster on the project and re-design the tower accordingly where it looks nice and functions properly.
I really hope this tower grows on me, otherwise I will be very disappointed in the whole site.
Poor Foster, first Russia Tower, now this.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; June 10th, 2015 at 06:04 AM.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 06:05 AM   #4034
scrapesalot

Likes (Received): 50

no.
scrapesalot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 06:35 AM   #4035
marsh

Disaster. Plain & simple. It just is not worthy of the site. 2wtc isn't just any building it's the successor building to the South Tower, it just deserves better. Now I wasn't crazy about Foster's 2wtc, I didn't like the sheared off top, but I sure liked it better than this. This thing looks like it belongs in some obscure Danish city, not the wtc, & especially not New York. Where is the boldness, the ingenuity? The passion?

In my opinion they should have rebuilt the Twin Towers. Taller, better, safer, more terrorism-proof, & updated. I mean, wouldn't that have been a beautiful, powerful tribute to those who died & also looking to the future. I think that would have been very powerful. But I digress.

I'd even like a twin of 1wtc over this design. 1wtc is kind of "meh" to me, but it's not terrible. This is terrible. If they are going to do anything, they should scrap this & either just build Foster's original design or build a twin (or very close relative) of 1wtc & just call it a day already.
Old June 10th, 2015, 06:38 AM   #4036
sylar82

Likes (Received): 19

The redesign is far less sad and pathetic than coming to this forum everyday hoping for new construction updates and instead spending half my time reading posts from people pissing and moaning. Some of you will never be happy. Every new building that comes up there is a group of you that feel the need to do nothing but throw in your negative two cents as if the owners and designers or anyone really cares at all what any of us think. This new design has not even been out 24 hours and there must be 20 pages between here and skyscraperpage of people doing nothing but bitching.

And now a petition? Really? LOL. Grow up. I signed a petition with 350,000 other people to get treason charges against the 47 republicans who signed that letter and sent it to Iran. You know where that went? Nowhere. But I am sure one filled with 30 pissy skyscraper fanatics will get their attention. This is a multi billion dollar deal between powerful companies I'm sure a small group of people who have absolutely nothing to do with the site is something they are worried about.

I am disappointed the diamonds are gone but I think we all knew it was going to happen. This tower looks good from the memorial looking out but odd from the north looking south. I have read every single article I could get my hands on about this new tower and while from some angles it may be a bit odd I think it will obviously work much better for Fox than Fosters. Maybe one day we can get Foster's built in another part of the city but either way it is what it is. You guys have been pissing moaning about how this site will never be finished and now that we have a real shot at it actually getting done you are finding something else to bitch about. Some of you would rather have it torn out and left an empty corner? LOL. Pathetic.

I have been visiting this site and skyscraper page every day for 5 years like clockwork following the progress of this site and many others around the world and for once it would be nice to not have to read through pages and pages of whiny and bitchy people putting their opinion out about the design of these towers when really no one cares.

Sorry I had to get that off my chest but now that I have lets go back to talking about the actual construction and when it will resume and leave the petty pointless bitching behind us. I hope it restarts really soon even though it looks like they may have to tear up at least some of the foundation. The shape is close but it doesn't really match.

NateArchibald liked this post

Last edited by sylar82; June 10th, 2015 at 07:12 AM.
sylar82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 06:40 AM   #4037
marsh

I was 19 when the attacks happened, & it was all very traumatic. And I only saw it on television. I can't begin to know what people who experienced it firsthand went through.

I'll never for the life of me understand why they didn't rebuild the Twin Towers. I just don't get it. I would have rebuilt them, not on the footprints of the originals, but elsewhere on the site. I think it would have been very powerful, & not only would have provided more than enough office space for the needs of the tenants, but made a beautiful statement of healing & rebirth. Looks like this is what we're going to have to live with though.
marsh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 06:42 AM   #4038
nyarch21

Likes (Received): 801

Omg. I can't even
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 06:45 AM   #4039
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylar82 View Post
it would be nice to not have to read through pages and pages of whiny bitchy people putting there opinion out where really no one cares.
Don't tell people not to whine and bitch while you yourself whine and bitch.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 06:51 AM   #4040
weidncol
WTC Enthusiast/Researcher

Likes (Received): 4623

I have to disagree with you in saying it doesn't have boldness. It's pretty damn huge and imposing on the skyline and street level.

weidncol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center