daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2015, 11:01 AM   #4741
ebrown89

Likes (Received): 28

Can we please keep politics and religion off of this forum, it's starting to get irritating. First off, Fox News is just one of many media arms of 21st Century Fox that would need studios there. All of Fox Sports networks would relocate there as well as several television studios and 21st Century Fox's offices.

And did I seriously read someone say Fox News promotes an anti-gay Christian agenda? That definitely makes the top 10 list of stupidest things I've ever read.

How about we keep the discussion on the architecture? This being an architecture forum. That'd be great.

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2015, 05:39 PM   #4742
godgame
BANNED

Likes (Received): 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrown89 View Post
Can we please keep politics and religion off of this forum, it's starting to get irritating. First off, Fox News is just one of many media arms of 21st Century Fox that would need studios there. All of Fox Sports networks would relocate there as well as several television studios and 21st Century Fox's offices.

And did I seriously read someone say Fox News promotes an anti-gay Christian agenda? That definitely makes the top 10 list of stupidest things I've ever read.

How about we keep the discussion on the architecture? This being an architecture forum. That'd be great.
you are the one here defending newscorp. get it it out this thread buddy!
probably a shill anyway.
godgame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 09:53 PM   #4743
Brooklyn Rising

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfBug View Post
You're overestimating how much people care about what's built on the site of terrorist attacks. Trust me, in another ten years, nobody will even notice. Besudes, 1WTC is the iconic structure, the rejuvenation, the symbol. The rest is just filler.
I agree. The one thing that I've heard most is "just get it done already". I'd actually argue that most people didn't even know about Fosters design. When they aired on the news the design for 2 WTC they never said that it was a redesign. Also I'm pretty much new around here, I've been on skyscraperpage for a while but this seems more interesting.
Brooklyn Rising no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:35 PM   #4744
Godzilla Ranger NYC
LOL

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrown89 View Post

Sounds like you haven't read many things in your life time or watched enough Fox News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Rising View Post
I agree. The one thing that I've heard most is "just get it done already". I'd actually argue that most people didn't even know about Fosters design. When they aired on the news the design for 2 WTC they never said that it was a redesign. Also I'm pretty much new around here, I've been on skyscraperpage for a while but this seems more interesting.
Unlike us here, most people in the general population don't give a crap about skyscrapers
/:

Most people still mistaken the Chrysler or Woolworth Building as the Empire State Building and many still thought they were doing the original hollow top design when 1WTC was under construction.

It's a safe bet people don't care to remember or even aware of the original Foster 2WTC design.
Godzilla Ranger NYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #4745
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 718

It is important that even a small fracture of the society cares for the site. If nobody ever cared for the outcome of the construction on the site, who knows what would we have there today. Only one person can change the opinion of thousand people. That's why we have this forum, to share our opinions with other people and to accept or even start loving some things we didn't even care for. So, as long as we care, there is still hope that something good can be built on the site.
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 12:16 AM   #4746
Juanes11

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
So, as long as we care, there is still hope that something good can be built on the site.
The Ingels design is an improvement over the Foster design.

The other WTC architects all signed-off on the redesign, and think it's an improvement. Basically everyone involved in the WTC supports the change.

People need to get over it. This is the design. It's a better design. It's happening, and that's that.
Juanes11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 12:24 AM   #4747
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 3197

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfBug View Post
Trust me, in another ten years, nobody will even notice. Besudes, 1WTC is the iconic structure, the rejuvenation, the symbol. The rest is just filler.
So no one will notice the building immediately adjacent to the iconic structure and symbol that's been heavily hyped for a decade and sits at one of the most photographed locations on earth? I get what you're saying, thousands of buildings indeed go overlooked everyday. Methinks this won't be one of them, if for no other reason but sheer height and location alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Rising View Post
I'd actually argue that most people didn't even know about Fosters design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Ranger NYC View Post
It's a safe bet people don't care to remember or even aware of the original Foster 2WTC design.
Whether or not people remember the Foster design is irrelevant at this point. Nor does it's demise render this design anymore attractive. People can love or hate this one regardless of the Foster design option.
Old June 30th, 2015, 02:58 AM   #4748
new york guy

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePointWest View Post
Don't bring religion into this. It's completely unnecessary to express your views on an architectural forum, just as the guy you quoted was also wrong in bringing the argument.

(BOnT)

So is the tower's height 1,340'? Or is that guy Michael, trolling like a real bitch.
Well why didn't you say anything to him? I'm not trying to bring god into the equation I'm trying to correct a stupid saying. Yeah, i agree we should keep it strictly about skyscrapers but you get morons on here who make silly remarks that requires you to respond. So please don't tell me something if your not going to tell the other. Thank you.
new york guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 03:04 AM   #4749
new york guy

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanes11 View Post

The other WTC architects all signed-off on the redesign, and think it's an improvement. Basically everyone involved in the WTC supports the change.

People need to get over it. This is the design. It's a better design. It's happening, and that's that.
I couldn't agree more. Personally the foster design was not that attractive and i even tried to like it and find the beauty in it but couldn't. So yeah people need to get over it because fosters design wasn't all that.
new york guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 03:21 AM   #4750
AvigdorGoldstein
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

I think the new tower is beautiful. Larry Silverstein will make Jews proud if he pulls this off. Mazel!
AvigdorGoldstein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 03:47 AM   #4751
(:

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
It's so ugly!! Why would you want a tower with form and style? Stacked unsteady looking boxes are all the rage today, unlike the old design that was a perfect cornerstone to project. I am really glad they changed it.

Assemblage23, AlexDemens liked this post
(: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 04:08 AM   #4752
AvigdorGoldstein
BANNED

Those distorted diamonds look mishuganah! Clearly, they were not cut by my people on 47th St.! Oi vey!!!
AvigdorGoldstein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 05:49 AM   #4753
TheYesGuy

Likes (Received): 305

It'll be interesting to see what the reaction is like when this is finally complete, which will still be years down the road.
TheYesGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 06:18 AM   #4754
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 3197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanes11 View Post
For the sake of discussing architectural design, what makes you say the new concept is "better?"
Quote:
Supports, or accepts? I doubt they'd publicly express anything suggesting one design is better than another so as not to disgrace Foster. That's a social no-no in the industry among practicing peers. Plus, why would the other Architects even have a formal say? They're not paying for the structure and their structures are already built or in the pipeline.

I assume they simply nodded in acceptance that this new concept was being put into play and that was that.

onewtclover liked this post
GunnerJacket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 06:22 AM   #4755
TomA44

Likes (Received): 15

Nyc

I love the niece skyline!!!!
TomA44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 07:40 AM   #4756
ArtFan88
Skyscrapers are Art.

Just a thought; how bad would it be for Larry if they went through all this trouble with the redesign and started construction only for Murdoch to back out?

Do you guys think this will start construction before the final lease is signed? Surely Larry would be a bit more careful than that, even despite how desperate he seems to be.
ArtFan88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 08:27 AM   #4757
weidncol
WTC Enthusiast/Researcher

Likes (Received): 4623

He has to wait for a deal to go through so financing can be secured.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
weidncol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 02:04 PM   #4758
ryaboisse

Likes (Received): 91

Is it possible that the 2 Towers near Rockefeller Center that Fox/Newscorp currently occupy could be removed when they loose there largest tenants?
ryaboisse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 03:57 PM   #4759
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2913

Nothing will happen to 1211, though it will be pretty empty. BIG's 2 WTC actually just looks like a bunch of 1211's stacked on top of each other

It also worth noting that Fox likes to do concerts outside the building.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 05:49 PM   #4760
kiyardo

Likes (Received): 10

The redesign is atrocious. I hope that this is just a concept and they consider the neighboring towers for the final redesign. Since this discussion has turned into a political discussion of those bashing Fox News, the numbers speak for themselves, Fox News has more exponentially more viewers because of their balanced approach on news. Sure, they lean slightly right. But, they are sprinkled with progressivism as well, which liberals love. Karl Rove for instance is a massive progressive. Those that bash Fox News for their views need to take an introspective look at how they get information and the rest of the media, who by in large are not just left leaning, but ultra liberal.

ebrown89 liked this post
kiyardo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center