daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #4761
godgame
BANNED

Likes (Received): 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyardo View Post
The redesign is atrocious. I hope that this is just a concept and they consider the neighboring towers for the final redesign. Since this discussion has turned into a political discussion of those bashing Fox News, the numbers speak for themselves, Fox News has more exponentially more viewers because of their balanced approach on news. Sure, they lean slightly right. But, they are sprinkled with progressivism as well, which liberals love. Karl Rove for instance is a massive progressive. Those that bash Fox News for their views need to take an introspective look at how they get information and the rest of the media, who by in large are not just left leaning, but ultra liberal.
saying things does not make them true.

Mplsuptown, Zaz965 liked this post
godgame no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2015, 08:19 PM   #4762
Wbino49

Likes (Received): 246

Silverstein is the bad guy here.
If he felt the Foster design was more important than $$ he would have made it happen.
Defenders come out! lol
Wbino49 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 08:58 PM   #4763
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 354

A property developer in NYC putting cash first!

Oh my! What has the world become.

onewtclover liked this post
KøbenhavnK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #4764
baseball1992

Likes (Received): 262

It's been 10 years. You can only let prime property like that in NY sit for so long.
baseball1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 09:21 PM   #4765
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

I haven't written anything here in a while but seeing this redesign has made my hair stand on end. I too think it is a terrible, terrible design. I find it distasteful. Not just in light of the loss of the dramatic, distinctive, and uplifting Foster design but the fact that this new design sets off to trivialize the collapse of the original towers in some sort of bizarre mocking gesture. It will be an embarrassment to New York adding insult to injury. I won't comment further only pray it doesn't get built.

(:, baisaroff, onewtclover liked this post
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 11:26 PM   #4766
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyardo View Post
The redesign is atrocious. I hope that this is just a concept and they consider the neighboring towers for the final redesign. Since this discussion has turned into a political discussion of those bashing Fox News, the numbers speak for themselves, Fox News has more exponentially more viewers because of their balanced approach on news. Sure, they lean slightly right. But, they are sprinkled with progressivism as well, which liberals love. Karl Rove for instance is a massive progressive. Those that bash Fox News for their views need to take an introspective look at how they get information and the rest of the media, who by in large are not just left leaning, but ultra liberal.
Holy shit man, how deluded do you have to be.

Mplsuptown liked this post
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 12:56 AM   #4767
Mônsterior
roiretsnôM

Likes (Received): 2746

Gosh, WTC complex is getting worse and worse, unfortunately...
Old July 1st, 2015, 01:33 AM   #4768
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Let me get this straight, according to you the WTC was already worst but now with the redesign of tower 2, it's even more so?

FYI, with the towers already up with towers 1, 4 & 7 and with the memorial, Transpo Hub et al, the site is amazing.

When Tower 3 finishes, it will just makes it even more so and finally when 2 WTC rises, the Site will be INCREDIBLE!!

You should really come to NY and see for yourself. I love how easy it is for outsiders to easily try to rip a big one in re: WTC site when they never been there.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

sylar82, Lt. H Caine, citybooster liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 02:01 AM   #4769
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Let me get this straight, according to you the WTC was already worst but now with the redesign of tower 2, it's even more so?

FYI, with the towers already up with towers 1, 4 & 7 and with the memorial, Transpo Hub et al, the site is amazing.

When Tower 3 finishes, it will just makes it even more so and finally when 2 WTC rises, the Site will be INCREDIBLE!!

You should really come to NY and see for yourself. I love how easy it is for outsiders to easily try to rip a big one in re: WTC site when they never been there.
In due fairness, there are people who have seen the WTC site plenty of times in person, and are still disappointed, finding the development as a whole fairly uninspiring, and the towers as incoherent with each other.
Old July 1st, 2015, 02:22 AM   #4770
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2907

I was ok with everything they did with 1 WTC. The plaza change, removal of the radome, and what I think was the best redesign, the base.

What has happened to 2 and 3 WTC is quite a shame. BIG's building may look better somewhere in midtown, preferable the Hudson Yards, it just doesn't belong in downtown with the other towers.

Sigh.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ

(:, HRP4Life liked this post
iiConTr0v3rSYx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:14 AM   #4771
Mônsterior
roiretsnôM

Quote:

First, a trip to NYC is one of my biggest dreams and I believe one day it will come true. Second, from beginning of WTC complex's 'reconstruction' I think Twin Towers shall be rebuild in their original shape. They were iconic and design of Child's tower is naive. So yes, I think WTC complex is already bad and it's getting worse. BTW, I'm not New Yorker, of course, but I know few New Yorkers. When I asked them, how they find new WTC design, they said in their opinion it is pathetic.
Old July 1st, 2015, 03:15 PM   #4772
karimbo

Likes (Received): 76

deleted
karimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 04:18 PM   #4773
karimbo

deleted

Last edited by karimbo; July 1st, 2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old July 1st, 2015, 04:38 PM   #4774
karimbo

I watched BIG's video about where he got his inspiration... The Tribeca, the pile of houses, and all the B.S...

Then, while I was browsing the internet, I found out where he REALLY got his inspiration from:

Melonus, Mônsterior, (:, AlexDemens, Pohtija and 7 others liked this post
Old July 1st, 2015, 06:33 PM   #4775
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Look at Bjarke's tower in Frankfurt

onewtclover liked this post
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 06:35 PM   #4776
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mônsterior View Post
First, a trip to NYC is one of my biggest dreams and I believe one day it will come true. Second, from beginning of WTC complex's 'reconstruction' I think Twin Towers shall be rebuild in their original shape. They were iconic and design of Child's tower is naive. So yes, I think WTC complex is already bad and it's getting worse. BTW, I'm not New Yorker, of course, but I know few New Yorkers. When I asked them, how they find new WTC design, they said in their opinion it is pathetic.
Ok, so you admit never coming to New York and you just admitted your bias towards the site by essentially saying the old twins should have been replicated at the site. So you admit that anything other than the twins on that the site is “worse”. Correct? It’s a bit shady making such a statement but I admit it is pretty impressive considering you never had been at the site to fully experience.

Re: Rebuilding the Twins:
It’s like a girl saying Brad Pitt should have just gone back to Jennifer Aniston instead of marrying that chick Jolie and therefore, I hate Brad forever and I don’t care!! Jolie is/was pretty hot!

Since your “New York” friends think the site is pathetic, your opinion is validated?? Care to supply their contact info as reference?? All kidding aside, it’s like me forming an opinion based on my Ex-pat friends living in Paris, which I dearly love. Believe it or not, they said they think the city’s architecture is boring and same. If I ever formed my opinion based on theirs, I would not have given the time or day to visit that city even once. Since I’d had been to that city a handful of times, you know how I feel about it and lovingly, I say they are morons for thinking so.

Believe it or not, I have a friend that visited Poland and she said the city of Warsaw is ugly. While that may be true, I hope to visit it one day before I can form my “own” honest opinion about the city before saying it is the absolutely the “worst” city in central Europe.

While I respect your opinion, it is hard to have a truthful opinion based on viewing pictures from your computer desk. Sometimes, actually being there is when one can truly experience the beauty and I feel once the forever on-going construction at the WTC site is completed, it is then it can be fully judged especially when seen in person.

Once day when you come to NYC, hopefully the site is completed and give it a chance... you may be surprised.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; July 1st, 2015 at 06:59 PM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 07:14 PM   #4777
Pohtija
Dragonlike

Likes (Received): 846

Maybe he means compared to other magnificent skyscraper developments (pictures of them) around the globe (and NYC midtown)... Cause it's kinda like what I feel... Except for One WTC which is great.
Pohtija no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 11:18 PM   #4778
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Boxes. Wow, NYC could sure use a few more of such an incredible design innovation!

Old July 2nd, 2015, 12:46 AM   #4779
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
Holy shit man, how deluded do you have to be.
Not arguing with you, but what would you suggest as a better alternative?
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:00 AM   #4780
Mônsterior
roiretsnôM

Quote:
Ok, so you admit never coming to New York and you just admitted your bias towards the site by essentially saying the old twins should have been replicated at the site. So you admit that anything other than the twins on that the site is “worse”. Correct? It’s a bit shady making such a statement but I admit it is pretty impressive considering you never had been at the site to fully experience.

Re: Rebuilding the Twins:
It’s like a girl saying Brad Pitt should have just gone back to Jennifer Aniston instead of marrying that chick Jolie and therefore, I hate Brad forever and I don’t care!! Jolie is/was pretty hot!

Since your “New York” friends think the site is pathetic, your opinion is validated?? Care to supply their contact info as reference?? All kidding aside, it’s like me forming an opinion based on my Ex-pat friends living in Paris, which I dearly love. Believe it or not, they said they think the city’s architecture is boring and same. If I ever formed my opinion based on theirs, I would not have given the time or day to visit that city even once. Since I’d had been to that city a handful of times, you know how I feel about it and lovingly, I say they are morons for thinking so.

Believe it or not, I have a friend that visited Poland and she said the city of Warsaw is ugly. While that may be true, I hope to visit it one day before I can form my “own” honest opinion about the city before saying it is the absolutely the “worst” city in central Europe.

While I respect your opinion, it is hard to have a truthful opinion based on viewing pictures from your computer desk. Sometimes, actually being there is when one can truly experience the beauty and I feel once the forever on-going construction at the WTC site is completed, it is then it can be fully judged especially when seen in person.

Once day when you come to NYC, hopefully the site is completed and give it a chance... you may be surprised.
I may be wrong but you sound like a man who knows the design of new WTC isn't the best but defends it at any price. You do that because you're a true New Yorker and you love your city. It's natural!

I've never been to New York but nowadays we have a lot of tools we can use to know world even without travelling. Google Maps, SSC forum etc. Of course, the best way is travelling but both of us know it isn't so simple. Yes, it is a possibility I liked new WTC when I saw it by myself but I don't believe it. I think hundreds of photos I've seen are enought to judge the project - and I don't think reconstruction of Twin Towers was one and only solution but in my opinion it was, actually, the best solution.

If someone designed something better than Twin Towers his project could be chosen, why not? But do you really think the new complex is better than the original? Twin Towers were the icons of architecture. They were like modern cathedrals. Cathedrals of trade. The new buildings, especially 1WTC and 3WTC, are pretty bad. Their design will be 'old' very fast. The worst thing in all the WTC buildings is their reflective glass. It looks so 90's! And now the best of all projects, 2WTC, is replaced with a skyscraper which doesn't fit there!

As you noticed I come form Warsaw. It's a city where I was born, I live here and I love it. As you know from history lessons Warsaw was completely destroyed during the II World War. And it wasn't a result of warfare only but Hitler ordered to destroy the city because he really hated Poles and their capital city. Sounds familiar, hm? Twin Towers were destroyed not by accident but intentionally, too. And the Warsaw Old Town was reconstructed as it looked like before the war (with lots of changes but still). It was a symbol Warsaw will exist forever and "bad guys" can do nothing because the city will rise from ashes. In my opinion New York should do the same in case of Twin Towers.

A lot of people, as your firend said, think Warsaw is ugliest city in Europe. There are a lot of factors why people don't like the city. Are they right? That topic is very hard - I think they aren't but I love Warsaw so I'm not impartial And if you can't judge all the city with photos you can do that with photos of individual buildings. For example you can say you like (or not) the Royal Castle, Palace of Culture etc. The same with WTC complex.

Last edited by Mônsterior; July 2nd, 2015 at 10:41 PM.
Mônsterior no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center