daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2015, 10:08 PM   #4921
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldBlackMarble View Post
It's interesting how the only people praising this design are people who have never posted in this architecture forum before. Hmmm... Anyone know how many people work in Ingel's firm? Looks like they're busy on here these days.

Actually most of these new users are just the same troll (who shall remain nameless) creating new accounts.

It doesn't take long for us to confirm it, but they eventually get banned again.

And again, and again.

AnOldBlackMarble liked this post
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2015, 11:37 PM   #4922
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2922

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Actually most of these new users are just the same troll (who shall remain nameless) creating new accounts.

It doesn't take long for us to confirm it, but they eventually get banned again.

And again, and again.
treboR eloplaW?

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ

Manitopiaaa liked this post

Last edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx; July 26th, 2015 at 11:45 PM.
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:04 AM   #4923
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 719

Some people are so funny. I think that architecture of the 21st century should not be subtle in this way. Of course, there are "filler buildings" that should not seek attention and should just blend with other buildings in the skyline, but this building is not a filler. It will be one of the tallest buildings in the city and second tallest in Lower Manhattan. Its design must be noticeable and creative. Foster's tower was definitely that. This one isn't. It's just bland, boring and dull. No mather what explanation architect or people that support new design give, it's still stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not Zaha Hadid's fan, but I'm not fan of Ingels, too. And after seeing this building, I'm sure I won't become one anytime soon.

SMCYB, AnOldBlackMarble liked this post
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:20 AM   #4924
vic22

Likes (Received): 25

I don't hate the new design anyway i don't like it , Foster's building was much better and... what's happening on Manhattan after twins towers again boxes , twins towers were beautiful , 432 PA isn't ugly but it isn't beautiful and now this. At least i hope the interior is beautiful...

SMCYB liked this post
vic22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:45 AM   #4925
ophizer

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGA196 View Post
Would be better if it looked like this...

no

Zaz965 liked this post
ophizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 02:43 AM   #4926
Juank1217

Likes (Received): 14

This is the building that I was saying that the design is similar to WTC2 , is located in Bogota.and so it is currently under construction

Zaz965 liked this post
Juank1217 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 02:44 AM   #4927
Juank1217

Old July 27th, 2015, 02:54 AM   #4928
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

While I certainly don't like this design it still looks significantly better than 432 Park Ave.! That's the ugliest new building I've ever seen, except for the fact it's so tall it looks like it was built in Russia immediately after WWII with all of their other concrete blocks. At least this building has large glass faces instead of plain concrete walls with holes stuck in them.
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:52 AM   #4929
Juank1217

Old July 27th, 2015, 07:24 AM   #4930
royal rose1

Likes (Received): 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
While I certainly don't like this design it still looks significantly better than 432 Park Ave.! That's the ugliest new building I've ever seen, except for the fact it's so tall it looks like it was built in Russia immediately after WWII with all of their other concrete blocks. At least this building has large glass faces instead of plain concrete walls with holes stuck in them.
Troll alert!! Not every building has to be a complex mess, I think that's what you're missing. 432park is on, wait a second... Park avenue. Aka. not the land of contemporary abstract architecture, and thus something 1400 feet tall should probably be conservative and mindful of its area. I walk by that building on a daily basis, and it's marvelous up close and in person. Simple, elegant, and mind-blowingly tall.

As for this building, it's an acquired taste. Admittedly I didn't like it at first, but I think everyone on here has grandpa syndrome. By that I mean, everyone doesn't like it because it's different, and they don't like change. It's a cool building that molds abstract and conservative into one, not an easy feat, and I'm sure it will be amazing.
royal rose1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 11:33 AM   #4931
WR HEARST
BANNED

[QUOTE=spectre000;125856989]Actually most of these new users are just the same troll (who shall remain nameless) creating new accounts.

And again, and again.

..it's a bit of a stretch to assimilate new users to some troll just because they argue to defend a design!Is this a free forum or a place where people masturbate collectively with the same ideas?
I did register recently but was lurking before and believe me Brooklyn Boy i have nothing to do with that despicable character,Robert Walpole,anti Semitic,anti gay,anti average people,anti everything.
Really strange way to welcome new members!..

Last edited by WR HEARST; July 27th, 2015 at 03:08 PM.
WR HEARST no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #4932
hateman

Likes (Received): 1798

Actually that tower in Bogota is more damning of Shop's 57th street tower. This wouldn't be the first time they were derivative.
We are seeking to follow the type of architecture which is good in the sense that it does not of necessity follow the whims of the moment but seeks an artistry that ought to be good, as far as we can tell, for all time to come. -FDR

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us. -Winston Churchill
hateman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #4933
royal rose1

Likes (Received): 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateman View Post
Actually that tower in Bogota is more damning of Shop's 57th street tower. This wouldn't be the first time they were derivative.
Is everyone blind here or something? The SHoP 57th street design is nothing short of a masterpiece that blows the Bogota building out of the water. The Bogota building is the worst of these designs by far, uninspired and dull. And no, having several setbacks at patterned intervals is not some new revelation that BIG and SHoP are copying. New York has been doing that forever. And lastly, the 57th street tower looks nothing like that nasty piece of shit in Bogota.
royal rose1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:11 PM   #4934
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

[QUOTE=WR HEARST;125868974]
Quote:

..it's a bit of a stretch to assimilate new users to some troll just because they argue to defend a design!Is this a free forum or a place where people masturbate collectively with the same ideas?
I did register recently but was lurking before and believe me Brooklyn Boy i have nothing to do with that despicable character,Robert Walpole,anti Semitic,anti gay,anti average people,anti everything.
Really strange way to welcome new members!..

Yet strangely you choose a username eerily similar to many past ones of his.

Let's let it rest ok. If you're legit, welcome. If not, time will tell.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 07:05 PM   #4935
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

I've grown to like this building, at least from three out of the four angles, please don't hate me

The view from the North is still pretty bad, unless maybe it's a silhouette. You'd think with their obsession with symbolism they'd also bump it up another 22 feet eh?

Just my 2 cents

Quote:

And again, and again.
Ha! I must say you guys are light years better than the SSP mods who sit around clueless as he-who-shall-not-be named spams and hijacks their entire site.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #4936
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22541

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
treboR eloplaW?
or a certain BIG SUR! (or wherever...) resident.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #4937
WR HEARST
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
or a certain BIG SUR! (or wherever...) resident.

Lol!...chill out!..eat your cannoli and throw your pipe away Sherlock Holmes!
Now take a breathe,make a smile and focus on beautiful New York's skyscrapers:we are all waiting for your pics!
WR HEARST no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2015, 10:23 AM   #4938
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2617

I'm gone for two months and what the hell did they do to 2WTC?? Why wasn't I here to prevent this??
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2015, 02:22 PM   #4939
Mascalzone
User de Zena

Likes (Received): 15

I wasn't happy with the previous design, bust just beacause it wasn't so tall.

Now I think even the style is not satisfying. Looks like a fake greenhouse.
Erzelli Tech Park :: Faro Towers :: Comparto 2 Tower :: MIRA Tower
Mascalzone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2015, 04:26 PM   #4940
Crowns n' Spires
Archivar

Likes (Received): 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Even though the design remains terrible, this is a pretty sweet interactive tool. Anyone have an idea where this model came from, and if it's ever been used before? I'd love to see it adapted to other projects in the future.
The tool says, "Source: BIG".

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center