daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2015, 02:45 AM   #4961
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsam52 View Post
The way I see it, the only way Foster's design will get built is if some other prospective tenant comes along now and has a sweeter deal for Larry than FOX and says that they want the original tower. So.....is there anybody out there who would like to anchor a 2.5 million square foot skyscraper?
The problem is that the original WTC scheme was predicated on big banks taking up all that office space. No one saw big media coming but when it did it tilted the balance in favor of meeting their own specific demands. That said, it's hard to believe Bjarke Ingels could come up with such a miserably banal box. This will do substantial damage to his reputation as a visionary and condemn the WTC district to the same architectural status as Avenue of the Americas. Only the Calatrava transit hub has stayed true to its original concept ...but at an enormous cost.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2015, 12:18 AM   #4962
C4creeper
The architect of my world

Likes (Received): 63

The new design Really reminds me of the TGI tower being built in Paris.

I'm really sad that they decided to change 2 WTC at the last second.I just hope that theNorman Foster's design won't be forgotten and maybe built in a different city like Paris just smaller.I'm just saying....

Mahdi Rasoul liked this post
C4creeper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 02:00 AM   #4963
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Larry Silverstein seeking partner to build 2 WTC tower

"Larry Silverstein is seeking an equity partner or mezzanine debt investor to kick in roughly half a billion dollars toward the $4 billion tab to develop 2 World Trade Center, The Post has learned.

While Real Estate Alert reported HFF has been hired to approach large investors, sources said a variety of mortgage brokerage and capital raising professionals are still being considered for the assignments.

A dual track will be followed as the primary lending group will dictate the amount of cash required.

A pension fund or sovereign wealth fund will be the likely source for the $500 million in mezzanine financing or equity with its return coming in the form of a preferred return or a stake in the 2.8 million-square-foot tower that Silverstein Properties would develop and manage.

Almost 14 years after 9/11, the final tower will need several billion dollars in overall financing. The Liberty Bonds originally targeted for the WTC rebuilding are gone, having been used for other trade center towers and projects that ranged from One Bryant Park to the defunct sports museum.

News Corp., which owns The Post, and 21st Century Fox have signed a letter of intent to occupy 1.6 million square feet on the lower floors of the 88-story building being designed by Bjarke Ingels Group.

A lease signing could come by the end of this year, in which case construction would start next year with a target completion date in 2020.
Silverstein declined comment through a spokesman. HFF did not return calls for comment."
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 03:38 PM   #4964
mrsmartman

Likes (Received): 1442

The Ultimate Fox News Promo

mrsmartman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 04:08 AM   #4965
Anday

Likes (Received): 1016

2 World Trade Center Will Likely Cost $4 Billion

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/0..._4_billion.php
Anday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 05:54 AM   #4966
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31692

Quote:
Originally Posted by АмУх View Post
before

and after

Kind of terrible Pisa Tower
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 08:49 AM   #4967
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22510

the offset, cantilevering boxes probably don't help to reduce the price tag...
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 09:46 AM   #4968
Zackalax13

Likes (Received): 143

Not only does the design not fit the complex but the Cladding is ridiculous, it doesn't match any of the towers whatsoever. Whats with the horizontal lines in it? Does anybody know if its atleast gonna be a blueish hue like the rest of the towers or is it going to be gray like in the renders?
Old August 7th, 2015, 12:18 PM   #4969
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

It's just so bad. The least they could have done is make the boxes actually defined on the South and West sides. Why the flat walls?
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 12:43 PM   #4970
xing lin
I ♥ HK

Likes (Received): 614

I think flat walls would be better than the terrible horizontal lines on the north side

Last edited by xing lin; August 7th, 2015 at 04:24 PM.
xing lin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:49 PM   #4971
judge400years
judge400years

Likes (Received): 1

I hate this design...hideous!

StuckInASuburb liked this post
judge400years no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 04:11 AM   #4972
DUBAI10000

Likes (Received): 436

This really pisses me off, I can't believe they are going to spend 4 Billion Dollars on this tower, thats just rediculous. What are they using a gold structure instead of steel? 432 Park Avenue is just is even higher and only cost 1.2 B and the Burj Khalifa cost 1.5 B. So whats the huge expensive. Even the Willis Tower (Higher and more square footage) only cost 1B with inflation adjusted.
DUBAI10000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 05:54 AM   #4973
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

This will cost as much as One World Trade Center (and that's if everything goes as planned, which never happens at the WTC!) Even 1WTC didn't have that high of an estimated price tag before it was built, so 2WTC's large price tag must be at least partially due to its stupid cantilevered boxes. You'd think they'd at least try to save money by now (even with security concerns).
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 06:04 AM   #4974
cyril sneer

Likes (Received): 839

Just looked again at this. Its a disaster i'm sorry. I can't believe they are selling out a prime and sensitive New York plot to Fox TV to build such a mundane building. The whole WTC plot is overall very dissappointing and will probably be looked upon one day as a missed once in a lifetime opportunity to create something breathtaking. This is not anything above average, i'm sorry, when you compare it to Dubai, etc. There have been more impressive towers built in London even in recent years than these buildings, bar WTC1 which is admittably impressive but will stand alone as being a statement tower on the site. New York deserves better than this. They should have just rebuilt the complex as it was if they weren't going to build anything of note.
Old August 8th, 2015, 02:55 PM   #4975
Mahdi Rasoul

Likes (Received): 217

del

Last edited by Mahdi Rasoul; August 14th, 2017 at 11:20 PM.
Mahdi Rasoul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 03:22 PM   #4976
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBAI10000 View Post
This really pisses me off, I can't believe they are going to spend 4 Billion Dollars on this tower, thats just rediculous. What are they using a gold structure instead of steel? 432 Park Avenue is just is even higher and only cost 1.2 B and the Burj Khalifa cost 1.5 B. So whats the huge expensive. Even the Willis Tower (Higher and more square footage) only cost 1B with inflation adjusted.
Part of the reason is below, per Curbed. And 1 WTC cost $3B and change if i remember correctly, 3 WTC is expected to cost around $2B, add in the below, the additional height and square footage, not outrageous.

"There is a giant ventilation system on the property that can not be moved and it must remain operational. It circulates air for the transit hub and underground stairwells, and 2 World Trade Center needs to be constructed around it. Bjarke Ingels, the new architect for the tower, told Capital, "I think you probably couldn't find a more difficult place in the world to build a 1,300-foot tower."

"Construction crews will have to assemble the first three floors without disturbing the equipment. Then they must "duplicate" all of it; that is to say, they will build a replica of the machinery inside the tower. New air pipes will be snaked up the building. Then, somehow, the systems will be switched over without severely disrupting PATH train service or the underground retail shops.

"The machinery has to keep running to keep the hub alive," Ingels said. "Duplicate the machinery, switch it on, and then we can start clearing the ground floor for our purposes. So, baked into the site is already a few additional challenges, above and beyond the programmatic and sort of gravity requirements..."
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #4977
Davidsam52

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Part of the reason is below, per Curbed. And 1 WTC cost $3B and change if i remember correctly, 3 WTC is expected to cost around $2B, add in the below, the additional height and square footage, not outrageous.

"There is a giant ventilation system on the property that can not be moved and it must remain operational. It circulates air for the transit hub and underground stairwells, and 2 World Trade Center needs to be constructed around it. Bjarke Ingels, the new architect for the tower, told Capital, "I think you probably couldn't find a more difficult place in the world to build a 1,300-foot tower."

"Construction crews will have to assemble the first three floors without disturbing the equipment. Then they must "duplicate" all of it; that is to say, they will build a replica of the machinery inside the tower. New air pipes will be snaked up the building. Then, somehow, the systems will be switched over without severely disrupting PATH train service or the underground retail shops.

"The machinery has to keep running to keep the hub alive," Ingels said. "Duplicate the machinery, switch it on, and then we can start clearing the ground floor for our purposes. So, baked into the site is already a few additional challenges, above and beyond the programmatic and sort of gravity requirements..."
Maybe 2 shouldn't get built at all. Maybe it should just remain a small Machinery stump and transit hall entrance. This is beginning to seem like a better idea than to build a hideously expensive (and by many opinions, hideously designed) office tower.
Davidsam52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 03:51 PM   #4978
Kot Bazilio

Likes (Received): 2585

Quote:
Originally Posted by АмУх View Post
before

and after

Kind of terrible Pisa Tower
Before was brilliant tower, it's very sad, that they have changed all design and project
Kot Bazilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 04:23 PM   #4979
WR HEARST
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBAI10000 View Post

...in Dubai,a construction worker get paid monthly what his NY's colleague makes daily...we live in a civilized country and New York is the leading city of the world;I guess it has a price!..Moreover,as i know,it's a private development and imo 4 billions is little money for such an amazing tower!
I feel very pride that beautiful New York can attract so many visionary developers who trustfully invest in the city.Why do you think Chinese invest billions of dollars there??..
WR HEARST no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 05:51 PM   #4980
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

Those visionary developers should have hired a visionary architect, not Bjarke Ingels.

AlexDemens liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center