daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 27th, 2015, 08:06 PM   #5041
Brooklyn Rising

Likes (Received): 59

It's possible, maybe the design will look more proportional. Too early to jump the gun though. A height cut to 1270 wouldn't be devastating in my eyes though.
Brooklyn Rising no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2015, 08:30 PM   #5042
godgame
BANNED

Likes (Received): 650

should have rebuilt them, but twice as tall.

or the middle finger design.
godgame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 08:33 PM   #5043
NewYorker2009

Likes (Received): 132

I give up too Hudson11. This project has been one big debacle since the get-go. If this is really a height cut then it is what it is. That's why I had my suspicions because they wouldn't put the 1,270' figure unless it was definite. They estimated recently the Tower would cost about $4B, so why not cut as many costs as they can. Ridiculous. If they are estimating $4B then it will likely cost more by the time it nears completion, which would make this the most expensive Tower...

It is too early to jump the gun Brooklyn Rising but this is the official site of the WTC so who knows, maybe tomorrow 1,340' will be back up. Boy, 125 Greenwich is going to really screw up the so called "spiral" effect the WTC is to have when completed. We'll just have to wait and see. I just feel it's time they get their shit together. It's ludicrous to change the design so late into the reconstruction process. I would have been happier with a building that went straight up, but instead we get something that looks like it might fall over. News Corp and Fox could have worked with Foster's design. Space is space and his Tower provided plenty of it. Silverstein should have had David Childs design Tower 2. Better him than Bjarke Ingels who was on crack when he created this design...

birchey liked this post
NewYorker2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 08:48 PM   #5044
Riley1066

Likes (Received): 518

All the goodwill Bjarke Ingels built up with me from the superb Danish Maritime Museum, Lego Corporation's new HQ and the 57th Street Pyramid is gone now.
Riley1066 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 09:52 PM   #5045
CityGuy87

Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
I was browsing through wtc.com when I noticed that 2 WTC height had went from 1,340' to 1,270 feet now. Not sure if they mean the roof height would be 1,270 feet and the parapet would be 1,340 but then why change it? I would be pissed if this got a height decrease. Hopefully it's not true because the loss of Foster's design was too much to bear...
Talk about adding insult to injury!
CityGuy87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 10:48 PM   #5046
NewYorker2009

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy87 View Post
Talk about adding insult to injury!
Just saying it like it is!
NewYorker2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 11:27 PM   #5047
Jerseyviews

Likes (Received): 39

Man, that WTC site does say 1270! More value cutting!

http://www.wtc.com/office-space/2-world-trade-center
Jerseyviews no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 11:42 PM   #5048
AlexDemens
BANNED

Likes (Received): 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyviews View Post
Man, that WTC site does say 1270! More value cutting!

http://www.wtc.com/office-space/2-world-trade-center
oh, thanks God and Bjarke, IT will never be included in my rating of 400+m skyscrapers
AlexDemens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 03:28 AM   #5049
Lt. H Caine

Likes (Received): 4663

I'm trying to stay positive when it comes to 2 WTC, but all of these changes are really making it hard to be!

andrei_kob liked this post
Lt. H Caine está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 03:41 AM   #5050
HRP4Life

Likes (Received): 81

Yep, the new WTC sucks. Edit: As in sucks, I mean it's pretty disappointing that there were so many setbacks and changes that were made. Although these are expected, I feel that the skyline might look very odd with buildings like the new 2WTC, not to mention yet another height reduction. Sorry for any confusion, I may have worded my last post completely off from what I was meaning to say.

Pohtija liked this post

Last edited by HRP4Life; August 29th, 2015 at 08:12 PM.
HRP4Life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:39 AM   #5051
Mcully56964

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP4Life View Post
Yep, the new WTC sucks.
Not this building but tower one and tower three yes they suck and tower 4 was made to be boring i guess... when the redesign renderings came i hated it but now it grew on me because of all the greenery it has and it made the building look better than all the others so congrats to this building!
Mcully56964 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 10:58 AM   #5052
Lt. H Caine

I don't think any of them suck. I love all of the new towers, except for tower 2. Tower 2 is okay. The other towers and the hub are all true works of art, despite all of the design changes they have endured. Overtime people will probably become more accepting of tower 2, it's already grown on me a bit. This height reduction just sucks though...
Lt. H Caine está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:18 PM   #5053
1WTC

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcully56964 View Post
Not this building but tower one and tower three yes they suck and tower 4 was made to be boring i guess... when the redesign renderings came i hated it but now it grew on me because of all the greenery it has and it made the building look better than all the others so congrats to this building!

The greenery is most likely there just for renders. Don't get too excited, the greenery may never come to frutation.
1WTC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 12:13 AM   #5054
Brooklyn Rising

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP4Life View Post
Yep, the new WTC sucks.
I disagree. I think it's still pretty awesome. I mean even though a lot the designs have been changed, these towers are what spurred my interest in Architecture. Earlier I was playing around with sketchup seeing how this tower would look if it was 1270' and I actually like it more. It compliments 1 WTC more in my opinion and doesn't really scream "Look at Me!!". Although with a height cut it's still possible that well get another design change. I don't think it'll be major, but it may be more proportional.
Brooklyn Rising no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 02:52 AM   #5055
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WTC View Post
The greenery is most likely there just for renders. Don't get too excited, the greenery may never come to frutation.
Bjarke had a big point in the video and everything about adding the greenery; it's basically one of the selling points of the tower. So I'm sure that he will advocate for it to be added. But then again, this is the WTC, and almost EVERYTHING gets cut in the WTC. But then again, the building is expected to cost 4 billion dollars, so if that's their budget I'm sure they'll have enough money to make that happen. Remember how Ingels has a campaign to make his Copenhagen power plant emit smoke rings? There's actually a good chance of that happening.

I'm just saying that I would put my trust in him to do this one thing. If we're lucky, maybe the top setback could even a public outdoor observatory like the one on the South Tower! (Okay maybe not, but one can dream... )

Zaz965 liked this post
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 08:15 PM   #5056
HRP4Life

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcully56964 View Post
I personally think Tower 2 was a disaster. Even if I do get used to the design, in the end of the day, it's still a bunch of stacked boxes. Nothing very good about it, and will be memorable for the exact wrong reasons. The rest look fine to me, as they all have decent designs, unlike this building. As I said, even if I end up liking this building some day, it's still not a very good design.
HRP4Life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 03:54 AM   #5057
Wbino49

Likes (Received): 246

The current plan for this building is so bad it is fitting its number is two.
As in "I gotta take a number two".

Literally bathroom humor........

Fox sucks....

Swiddle, onewtclover liked this post
Wbino49 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:23 AM   #5058
JohnDee

Likes (Received): 242

This tower is da bees knees people. Those boxes look amazing stacked up like that from the street looking up, and that cladding is very high quality progressive to the core.

The height decrease isn't a problem at all. The tower is plenty tall as it is and the highly unique and unusual design makes up for anything like that.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by JohnDee; August 30th, 2015 at 04:31 AM.
JohnDee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:33 AM   #5059
JohnDee

Likes (Received): 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbino49 View Post
The current plan for this building is so bad it is fitting its number is two.
As in "I gotta take a number two".

Literally bathroom humor........

Fox sucks....
The tower's design is so unique that a small height decrease wouldn't be a problem. This is not a design (unlike the former simple formed Foster) that goes up everyday of the week. Fox is bringing some of the most unique global design to NYC and you should thank them.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
JohnDee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:43 AM   #5060
Lt. H Caine

I don't hate this new design but idk if I would call it unique. There are other towers that look similar in other cities around the world.

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center