daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2015, 01:57 AM   #5341
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
I think it would fit well in Hudson Yards.
I think the old design would fit well in Hudson Yards.

For this location would be better a different design than this or the old design.
(while it was great, I never felt the old design really fit the new WTC)

This design though would be good in Midtown, just imagine this monster in Times Square.

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #5342
1Undershaft
BANNED

Likes (Received): 50

Fitting into the WTC is not an issue. The WTC consists of 5 distinct buildings that share nothing but blue glass. Also, the WTC is a tiny group of buildings amidst many other skyscrapers built over different ages that have nothing in common. There's no need to fit in with the complex.

This tower will be a unique landmark in a VERY diverse skyline.

WR HEARST, onewtclover liked this post

Last edited by 1Undershaft; December 26th, 2015 at 06:32 PM.
1Undershaft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 08:01 PM   #5343
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Sooner or later everyone is going to realize that matter how much they bitch and moan here the design isn't going to change! The design of the building is based on the needs of the leasee's and the economics of building the building and the comments from those here have no impact on it whatsoever! Everyone has expressed their opinions about the new design, we've heard it all so just let's all hope that this building actually gets built matter what the final design is!
Old December 26th, 2015, 08:48 PM   #5344
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

It was always going to be built. Just most of us liked the original design. Fox is the anchor tenant, they're the ones paying the rent, so they're in the driving seat. Silverstein is just giving the tenant what they want. I don't fault him for that. I'm young. I could wait it out longer. Larry wants the site finished now, as do others. I get that.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 12:45 AM   #5345
1Undershaft
BANNED

I can't wait for the Leaning Tower of Wall Street!

Last edited by 1Undershaft; December 27th, 2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old December 27th, 2015, 01:03 AM   #5346
Lt. H Caine

Likes (Received): 4663

I'd rather this get built than have no 2WTC at all.

onewtclover liked this post
Lt. H Caine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 01:14 AM   #5347
spectre000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. H Caine View Post
I'd rather this get built than have no 2WTC at all.

I'll say it again, 2WTC (in some form) was always going to be built. I'd rather have waited and have Fosters design over BIG's. But it isn't up to us. Finishing the site sooner rather than later seems to be more important than the original proposal. That's fine. There's nothing some of us can do about it. I'll accept it, but I don't have to like it.
Old December 27th, 2015, 01:23 AM   #5348
Lt. H Caine

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
I'll say it again, 2WTC (in some form) was always going to be built. I'd rather have waited and have Fosters design over BIG's. But it isn't up to us. Finishing the site sooner rather than later seems to be more important than the original proposal. That's fine. There's nothing some of us can do about it. I'll accept it, but I don't have to like it.
I didn't say it was never going to be built. I was just saying that I'm happy that progress is being made at 2WTC. I agree with what you said 100%
Old December 27th, 2015, 01:59 AM   #5349
spectre000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. H Caine View Post
I didn't say it was never going to be built. I was just saying that I'm happy that progress is being made at 2WTC. I agree with what you said 100%

Then making the statement that we have BIG's design over "nothing at all" is meaningless. If we all acknowledge that 2WTC was going to be built, then the argument is over getting BIG's sooner, or waiting longer for Fosters.

Considering all the available space to lease in the other buildings around the site, there's no immediate need to finish 2WTC now. If I were in charge I'd let the rest of site finish and fill up. But I'm not in charge and in no hurry at this point. The powers that be feel differently. So be it.
Old December 27th, 2015, 02:28 AM   #5350
Lt. H Caine

Quote:
Then making the statement that we have BIG's design over "nothing at all" is meaningless. If we all acknowledge that 2WTC was going to be built, then the argument is over getting BIG's sooner, or waiting longer for Fosters.

Considering all the available space to lease in the other buildings around the site, there's no immediate need to finish 2WTC now. If I were in charge I'd let the rest of site finish and fill up. But I'm not in charge and in no hurry at this point. The powers that be feel differently. So be it.
Well I'm sorry my comment came across as meaningless, not my intention. You're right, there is no hurry to build 2WTC. I was just trying to stay positive about the whole situation thats all.
Old December 27th, 2015, 04:47 AM   #5351
1Undershaft
BANNED

Quote:

NewsCorp had very specific needs for
a huge amount of space with a large plaza and studio space at the ground floor. 2 WTC and some HY sites were the only candidates, and Foster's design did not meet their needs.
Old December 27th, 2015, 04:56 AM   #5352
1Undershaft
BANNED

Quote:

a huge amount of space with a large plaza and studio space at the ground floor. 2 WTC and some HY sites were the only candidates, and Foster's design did not meet their needs.

This will be a very dramatic place from which to broadcast.

Last edited by 1Undershaft; December 27th, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
Old December 27th, 2015, 05:45 AM   #5353
spectre000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Undershaft View Post

I get that. I just wish they'd chosen elsewhere.

Godzilla Ranger NYC liked this post
Old December 27th, 2015, 10:49 AM   #5354
ReNaHtEiM
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 438

Is there a chance the Foster design is built elsewhere in NYC?
What a waste would it be otherwise.
ReNaHtEiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 03:13 PM   #5355
vic22

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:

This will be a very dramatic place from which to broadcast.

In the second photo. Which is the building under construction in the right?
vic22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 03:36 PM   #5356
Lt. H Caine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic22 View Post
In the second photo. Which is the building under construction in the right?
That would be 4 World Trade Center, which is now complete. That is an older picture taken a few years ago.
Old December 27th, 2015, 04:25 PM   #5357
meds

Likes (Received): 6370

Quote:
Fitting into the WTC is not an issue. The WTC consists of 5 distinct buildings that share nothing but blue glass. Also, the WTC is a tiny group of buildings amidst many other skyscrapers built over different ages that have nothing in common. There's no need to fit in with the complex.

This tower will be a unique landmark in a VERY diverse skyline.
You just can't say that fitting is not an issue. A good skyline is also good relationships between buildings, 2WTC ruins them.

This just looks awful. BIG should have never been chosen for this project, obviously.

Quote:

meds no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #5358
1Undershaft
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNaHtEiM View Post
Is there a chance the Foster design is built elsewhere in NYC?
What a waste would it be otherwise.
Who knows? Maybe it will rise at 5 WTC. That's a huge site. There are no plans for it tentatively. Chase was going to build a new Tower there before the crash. It became superfluous because they acquired Bear Sterns (and its new tower in 2008).

Chase will definitely build a new HQ, either at 5 WTC but more likely at the HY.
Old December 27th, 2015, 04:29 PM   #5359
1Undershaft
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by meds View Post
You just can't say that fitting is not an issue. A good skyline is also good relationships between buildings, 2WTC ruins them.

This just looks awful. BIG should have never been chosen for this project, obviously.
That's your opinion. Architects and critics disagree, as do most people who see renderings of it.
Old December 27th, 2015, 05:01 PM   #5360
anrsbes.charles

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Not a fan of this design at all. I hope this becomes it's new nickname.
anrsbes.charles no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center