daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 8th, 2016, 08:07 PM   #5421
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
will they perhaps try to move the fence inward, finally complete that street and set up a sidewalk shed during construction?
I think most of that area is now going to be enclosed by the new enlarged podium.
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2016, 03:11 PM   #5422
ThomasK2001

Likes (Received): 652

I drew the skeletons of the tower with my S-Pen on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

ThomasK2001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 04:18 PM   #5423
SMCYB

Likes (Received): 1631

This thread is like a train wreck. Every once in a while I have to sneak a peek and get disgusted while wishing it never happened.
Old January 9th, 2016, 05:53 PM   #5424
ThomasK2001

I drew this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Zaz965, xing lin liked this post
Old January 9th, 2016, 07:07 PM   #5425
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 08:44 PM   #5426
Architecture lover

Likes (Received): 1286

I guess what he's trying to say is that it's so plain, everybody can make a drawing of it, even on their phones. However, I am not really bothered by the fact of the building being plain, it could have been much nicer if it was just one single box, now it even looks postmodern and tacky in a way. (well at least to me)
Architecture lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 04:18 AM   #5427
xing lin
I ♥ HK

Likes (Received): 614

I hope the skeleton will be visible like that, it makes the facades more interesting

charmedone liked this post
xing lin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #5428
M00S

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture lover View Post
I guess what he's trying to say is that it's so plain, everybody can make a drawing of it, even on their phones. However, I am not really bothered by the fact of the building being plain, it could have been much nicer if it was just one single box, now it even looks postmodern and tacky in a way. (well at least to me)
Nah, I guess he watched a youtube review of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and thought the S pen looked pretty useful. In his mind he saw himself draw like escher. He than bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and started drawing with his s pen. He found out that the S pen was useless and he couldn't even draw a straight line. He than thought about drawing something that was so ugly that his wobbly lines would actually make an improvement on the real thing. It took him only seconds to realise it was 2 WTC that he should draw.
When he finished his first attempt he wanted to share his work to the world and dropped the drawing on this board. Later that day he found out that his S pen had 2048 levels of pressure that he hadn't used on his first drawing. So he drew 2 WTC again and now added clouds, putting his endless S pen pressure possibilities into use.

Crowns n' Spires liked this post
M00S no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 12:38 AM   #5429
ThomasK2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00S View Post
Nah, I guess he watched a youtube review of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and thought the S pen looked pretty useful. In his mind he saw himself draw like escher. He than bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and started drawing with his s pen. He found out that the S pen was useless and he couldn't even draw a straight line. He than thought about drawing something that was so ugly that his wobbly lines would actually make an improvement on the real thing. It took him only seconds to realise it was 2 WTC that he should draw.
When he finished his first attempt he wanted to share his work to the world and dropped the drawing on this board. Later that day he found out that his S pen had 2048 levels of pressure that he hadn't used on his first drawing. So he drew 2 WTC again and now added clouds, putting his endless S pen pressure possibilities into use.
No not really, I'm used to sketching with a regular pencil, I don't want to get off topic, but the S-Pen is smaller and thinner, I have an interest in Samsung alot and I wanted the Note 5 ever since it came out because I draw alot, if any of you want to see my hand-drawn pictures of 2 World Trade Center, just quote this and let me know
Old January 12th, 2016, 12:40 AM   #5430
ThomasK2001

And I was talking to my friend who works at the World Trade Center, he gave me some information on 2 World Trade Center I copied and pasted all of his replies to what I said but did not copy my replies here's what he said: Yo i got some 2wtc news.. good and bad.. so which one u want first?Ok before I tell u.. this info came directly from the lead foreman. . No rumor or speculation. Got it? Ok so 2 wtc has had some major structural design changes agian.. nobody on the outside knows yet. Well the foundation is getting demolished and redone. Yea down into the basements. Because of core design changes. There's a weird setback in the upper floors that needs foundation changes. Also new column placments are needed for building weight support.. but we knew that already. The bad..Its gonna be another year of foundation work before any core or steel rise. All this news hurt man.. i was anxious for this to rise.. and now another year has to go by before any real progress is done. 3 wtc will be fully topped out before 2 gets off the ground.
Old January 12th, 2016, 12:56 AM   #5431
Architecture lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00S View Post
I appreciate his effort.
After seeing the renders for so many times, I just realized that this thing, slightly reminds me of deconstructivism, so it's no wonder it has a little bit of postmodern "charm" in it. Another thing I would like to ask (if someone knows the answer), was the cladding of the previous design (the one made by Foster) supposed to make a gradient effect (changing from black color to dark blue, as the floors were going up)? You can see this on the render that was put on the first page. Maybe it was just that particular render, because I haven't noticed that gradient effect on the rest of the renders.
About the new proposal I think that just one single box would have been much nicer (something like that new building, that was recently proposed for London).
Edit: I forgot to mention that I dislike the new proposal for 2 WTC (I am not a big fan of postmodernism).

Last edited by Architecture lover; January 12th, 2016 at 01:04 AM.
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:15 AM   #5432
ThomasK2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture lover View Post
I appreciate his effort.
After seeing the renders for so many times, I just realized that this thing, slightly reminds me of deconstructivism, so it's no wonder it has a little bit of postmodern "charm" in it. Another thing I would like to ask (if someone knows the answer), was the cladding of the previous design (the one made by Foster) supposed to make a gradient effect (changing from black color to dark blue, as the floors were going up)? You can see this on the render that was put on the first page. Maybe it was just that particular render, because I haven't noticed that gradient effect on the rest of the renders.
About the new proposal I think that just one single box would have been much nicer (something like that new building, that was recently proposed for London).
Edit: I forgot to mention that I dislike the new proposal for 2 WTC (I am not a big fan of postmodernism).
Yes, that was the first design revealed in September 2006 and had the black dim to blue to the top, but then changed in 2008 to a plane glassy look
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:25 AM   #5433
Architecture lover

I always wanted to see that kind of an effect on a tower, since we have so many buildings that are fully covered with glass lately. Foster is genius.
Old January 12th, 2016, 02:39 AM   #5434
Brooklyn Rising

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasK2001 View Post
And I was talking to my friend who works at the World Trade Center, he gave me some information on 2 World Trade Center I copied and pasted all of his replies to what I said but did not copy my replies here's what he said: Yo i got some 2wtc news.. good and bad.. so which one u want first?Ok before I tell u.. this info came directly from the lead foreman. . No rumor or speculation. Got it? Ok so 2 wtc has had some major structural design changes agian.. nobody on the outside knows yet. Well the foundation is getting demolished and redone. Yea down into the basements. Because of core design changes. There's a weird setback in the upper floors that needs foundation changes. Also new column placments are needed for building weight support.. but we knew that already. The bad..Its gonna be another year of foundation work before any core or steel rise. All this news hurt man.. i was anxious for this to rise.. and now another year has to go by before any real progress is done. 3 wtc will be fully topped out before 2 gets off the ground.
I thought the building was designed to use the same base. I thought that they built it that way because of fosters base.
Brooklyn Rising no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 06:40 AM   #5435
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

I don't see how they can demo down to the basement level and keep the ventilation systems operating that are required for the transportation hub. They already are a major issue just starting to build up from the existing foundations, trying to go down further and put in new foundations would make them even more of a problem. It's been sent all the way along that whatever field has to fit on the existing foundation.
Old January 12th, 2016, 06:11 PM   #5436
NYStruct

Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
[sarcasm]Gee who could have seen that coming??? These foundations and core walls are not interchangeable from one design to another??? Does that mean that the project is going to be behind schedule and over budget???[/sarcasm]

And hence it is starting... Can't wait to see how that trainwreck will turn out..

Lt. H Caine liked this post
NYStruct no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 06:42 PM   #5437
chazmania

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
I have a 1,000 acres of land in Texas that I will sell for 15 million dollars and it is worth 150 million. No rumor or speculation.
chazmania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 01:41 AM   #5438
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31730

My heart aches every time I check this thread and have to look at the bulky monstrosity that WTC2 is now. *sighs*
JuanPaulo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 02:57 AM   #5439
ThomasK2001

Blue: fence
Red: scaffolding and new walkway
Yellow: blocked walkways in future for construction site
Old January 15th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #5440
ThomasK2001

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center