daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 17th, 2016, 10:50 PM   #5661
BLACK DAHLIA
BANNED

...I BEG YOU,PLEASE..GIVE ME A CHANCE!..

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2016, 11:17 PM   #5662
JackUnblock

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
As we all know, WTC1 is pretty much like a fortress, and a very expensive one. Specifically, the most expensive business building ever built. By building a twin to WTC1, one must satisfy all the requirements of the WTC1, and it would be a worse solution to a developer that's only interested in money and profit, so that's why he'll turn to Fosters or BIG's design, which are still specially secured from terrorist attacks, but probably not as much as WTC1, since the tallest and most symbolic tower is more likely to be under a threat of another fanatic lunatic than a "mere office building" (like 2WTC or 3WTC).

I recall reading somewhere that 2 WTC was most likely to cost 4 billion dollars. That is more than 1 WTC, with 3.8 billion.

Titan Man liked this post
JackUnblock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 11:32 PM   #5663
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackUnblock View Post
I recall reading somewhere that 2 WTC was most likely to cost 4 billion dollars. That is more than 1 WTC, with 3.8 billion.
Yeah, I found an article which confirms your numbers, but that's for the BIG's design, dunno how much Foster's would cost. According to the article, there's a ventilation system for the subway station, so the building must be built around it, so it will definitely be expensive, no matter which design they choose. But again, if there's a WTC1 twin, it would still need all those special systems of protection used on WTC1, yet it would still have to deal with the ventilation system in the ground. God knows how expensive that would be... Anyway, a twin for the WTC1 is VERY unlikely.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 11:34 PM   #5664
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2918

And a twin of 1 WTC would be much, much higher.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ

Titan Man, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 02:10 AM   #5665
JackUnblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Anyway, a twin for the WTC1 is VERY unlikely.
Well, sometimes you never know. It could happen, we can't predict the future. I personally think that they should have a twin for 1 WTC just so it can resemble the twin towers and in a way, make the memorials stand out more than the buildings themselves. When you just look at the buildings without any knowledge of what they are about. Visually, they are just modern buildings. Nothing more, and nothing less. The idea of the WTC is important as I mentioned this earlier. There still has to be offices and commercial buildings and whatnot. But I don't see why not have the twin towers back in the skyline. I mean for Christ's sake, they are rebuilding the Titanic. And that boat sank in tragedy. And nobody seems to complain saying that "it would give bad memories" no matter how long ago. Which even though 9/11/01 happened recently (15 years is not a long time ago), whatever the time period was, it will always be a tragedy in general, and people will move on and not grieve all the time. It will not be forgotten, but rebuilding upgraded twin towers shouldn't cause any problems.
Old February 18th, 2016, 02:50 AM   #5666
(:

Likes (Received): 229

First off, almost every one who survived the Titanic has now passed and secondly tower 2 must conform to both the ventilation and the foundation. At this point I can say it won't happen.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
(: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:04 AM   #5667
JackUnblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by (: View Post
First off, almost every one who survived the Titanic has now passed and secondly tower 2 must conform to both the ventilation and the foundation. At this point I can say it won't happen.
Whatever you say, but you gotta admit, this wouldn't be an eye sore.
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:06 AM   #5668
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1548

Fosters design will ultimately come out the winner. Mark my words.
Old February 18th, 2016, 07:58 PM   #5669
BLACK DAHLIA
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
Fosters design will ultimately come out the winner. Mark my words.

...just follow the sign!
Old February 19th, 2016, 12:18 AM   #5670
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28170

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 03:54 PM   #5671
JackUnblock

Hey, I don't mean to bother anyone but the petition to build twin 1 WTC has reached 30 supporters in 5 days. That (I believe) is pretty impressive for a twin towers petition.
Old February 20th, 2016, 04:41 PM   #5672
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Guess you never heard of the Twin Tower Alliance. You should look up Ken Gardners twin towers and see what a lost cause you're getting at.

Old February 20th, 2016, 05:51 PM   #5673
JackUnblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
Guess you never heard of the Twin Tower Alliance. You should look up Ken Gardners twin towers and see what a lost cause you're getting at.
I've heard of the Twin Towers Alliance. I always check the TwinTowersAlliance's Journal as well, to see if there are any new news articles that have to do with The Port Authority.
Old February 20th, 2016, 07:12 PM   #5674
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

Port authority ticket prices for the bridges and tunnels are already to high , imagining they would hack up the prices if they build another freedom tower ? Here's a quick clip from the WTC site from this morning.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MayW4SwDzAM
Old February 20th, 2016, 11:46 PM   #5675
JackUnblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
Port authority ticket prices for the bridges and tunnels are already to high , imagining they would hack up the prices if they build another freedom tower ? Here's a quick clip from the WTC site from this morning.

Honestly, if I worked with The Port Authority I'd rather pay 4 billion for a new tower than 20 billion for a tunnel.

Last edited by JackUnblock; February 21st, 2016 at 12:43 AM.
Old February 21st, 2016, 01:48 AM   #5676
cyril sneer

Likes (Received): 840

I always thought they should have just re-built the original WTC towers. They were so iconic and it would have been so symbolic to have rebuilt them.
I miss them.

I think a twin of the WTC1 could work well. They would be a good modern nod to the previous towers but i would still rather prefer to see Fosters design come to fruitation.
cyril sneer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2016, 03:27 AM   #5677
JackUnblock

Here is why they should build twin freedom towers. Pretend that you are in NYC. You don't know where the World Trade Center originally stood. But you know they were in New York with a memorial. Now, you see these new buildings in the skyline. What do you think they look like? By design, what do you think they are about. What story do these buildings make? Do they represent the remembrance of those who lost their lives? I think not. They just look like modern architecture, nothing more, and of course, nothing less. Now pretend that the twin towers are standing instead. You recognize that image and retrack it to the previous events of Sept 11 2001. If those towers are rebuilt there, then that must be the location of the memorials. Thus, technically, the twin towers represent 'remembrance' of that tragic day. Something happened, and bringing back icons to the Manhattan skyline will not affect the fact that there was a terror attack in New York, as well as other places in America in general.
Old February 21st, 2016, 03:42 AM   #5678
stop that
BANNED

Likes (Received): 546

It's not just about the individual tower itself, fosters 2WTC would finally bring the whole complex together, making it into something that looks aesthetically pleasing and that is befitting for what is supposed to be, and will be, the world's foremost business complex.

The wtc needs fosters design to give it the glamour and class that would attain it that status.
2wtc would be a much publicised tower, it would be shown often in magazines, television, photos etc, and it would become an iconic image.
When people think of a global financial district, this complex should be the first thing that comes to people's minds, the world over.
It needs fosters design to give it that standout and iconic stature, that would make it the undisputed global financial district, in popular culture and media as much as in business, and both is needed these days

Last edited by stop that; February 21st, 2016 at 03:52 AM.
stop that no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2016, 03:53 AM   #5679
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

No twin is going to be built on the WTC site, not in our lifetime.

Move on and comes to terms with that. Your dedication is great but it's a lost cause now. 1 WTC tapering effect wouldn't even look good with a twin.

We will either get BIG's or Foster's 2 WTC. That's it.

Old February 21st, 2016, 05:01 AM   #5680
JackUnblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
No twin is going to be built on the WTC site, not in our lifetime.

Move on and comes to terms with that. Your dedication is great but it's a lost cause now. 1 WTC tapering effect wouldn't even look good with a twin.

We will either get BIG's or Foster's 2 WTC. That's it.

Look, I have no intentions to cause any drama on this thread. I'm just stating my beliefs and personal aspects on this whole "rebuilding" scenario. Letting something like this go, and moving on as well is extremely difficult. Looking at the skyline and seeing those old towers replaced is like a wound that is still there.

No matter if the new buildings are better or worse than the previous ones, leaving something as iconic as those towers gone from the face of the earth in the worst way possible, and to be never seen again in person nor feeling their presence makes it unbearable and kind of depressing.

The new buildings are cool and all, but there isn't one day that goes by, where I think of those towers, and them not existing anymore, and keeping it like that. This is kind of like 'The Black Cauldron' or 'The Land of Gorch' of skyscrapers, and those twin buildings don't deserve to be kept not standing.

I know a few people from not only the TwinTowersAlliance, but even smaller organizations like Project Twins and the guy who I think runs it Andy Mulderij is obsessed with the twins kind of like me, but I think his obsession of the twin towers is way larger than mine and it is also kind of getting a little disturbing.

Over the past year or two, I have been following Andy's posts on Project Twins. And he seems like a nice guy. But even though I think the new buildings are cool (even though it is painful without the twins) Andy despises the buildings. And he has kept on trying to find a way to get those towers back (he does keep his hopes high like me.) Hell, he even supports Donald Trump, as long as he gets the towers back. But over the years, I think he is starting to descend into madness.

Apparently, over my research on this man from the Netherlands. He has had more than one run in with the police, has received hate messages from other people, and has faced angry mobs. Which has made me question "Why is he getting all this stuff over the twin towers?" Here is where it gets weirder.

Recently, he has been uploading these Minecraft videos (yes, Minecraft) and the videos depict buildings (that I think are Minecraft replicas of real buildings possibly near his location) being demolished. Puzzled, I message him asking why is he making these videos lately. He responds "oo that. its just fun" I then say why is it fun? He says "because it is". Not an explanation to why he finds blowing up buildings fun, he just says "because it is." I

This is when it just gets a little scary, I type why aren't you explaining why it is fun? He responds "It is art." Blowing up buildings is art? This is when I remember the story of the Bjork stalker Ricardo Lopez, an infamous psychopath who attempted to kill the Icelandic singer with a letter bomb. His obsession grew into a desire to torture and kill this woman, for dating a man by the name of Goldie. Could his obsession with the twins descend him into a madness of possibly attempting to blow up the new buildings?

I ask why he finds it artistic to blow up buildings on Minecraft? Or blowing up buildings in general? He says "I'm not only blowing things up :P" I quickly respond "what else?" Awaiting over 2 hours and no reply.

I know this is probably a waste of time, but some of the signs (including being involved with the police) has me kind of concerned of this guy. He also seems to have an anger towards most muslims. I'd rather not take any chances, but I was just posting this because, I don't know what to do and I don't know who to contact. But I'd rather be on the safe side and find someone find this guy and ask him questions. Because his love of the twin towers has possibly descended into madness and anger of possibly attempting attack on the new towers or doing worse, killing someone involved with the rebuilding process.

Whoever responds, tell me what to do. I know this could be a waste of time, but judging by some of the past events, I'm concerned whether this guy is ill. He could possibly do some harm, but I'm not fully sure. I've seen profile pictures of him on Facebook, and he is shown with multiple guns (large and small) in his hand. He also seems to be part of the military service, so that makes sense.

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center