daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 25th, 2017, 11:29 PM   #6181
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2918

Bin laden won nothing, he didn't even believe the towers would collapse. What he and all forms of terrorism wanted to do was install fear which he failed to do.

There are much taller and bigger buildings going up throughout the city and even in the outer boroughs.

I really dislike when people say he won something. He won because he brought down a building? At the end of the day lives were lost over nothing, and you never win anything when people's lives are taken.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ

UrbanImpact, goodybear liked this post
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2017, 12:43 AM   #6182
scraper2293

Likes (Received): 199

I adored the twins even before they were gone. They're the reason I became so interested in skyscrapers but there's no use in bringing up this debate. What's done is done.

Take solace in the fact that there's still tons of pics/vids of them out there before 9/11.

In regards to this tower, still holding out a glimmer of hope for Foster's tower until the bitter end no matter how much the odds against it are.

TheProdigySkylined liked this post
scraper2293 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 11:01 PM   #6183
TheProdigySkylined

Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
Bin laden won nothing, he didn't even believe the towers would collapse. What he and all forms of terrorism wanted to do was install fear which he failed to do.

There are much taller and bigger buildings going up throughout the city and even in the outer boroughs.

I really dislike when people say he won something. He won because he brought down a building? At the end of the day lives were lost over nothing, and you never win anything when people's lives are taken.

They were more than just buildings they were symbols of the free world. He targeted them for that reason. His plan was to make the top parts of the buildings collapse. Which is why the second plane hit where it did in the south east corner hoping to make the top half of the tower collapse right away.

In hindsight they should have had just the two towers again with 1WTC on the site of the yet built arts center and 2WTC (Marshalls design but matching 1WTC rooftop height) where the newly finished Path station is to mimic the original Twins lay out.

Last edited by TheProdigySkylined; May 26th, 2017 at 11:15 PM.
TheProdigySkylined no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2017, 01:44 PM   #6184
TheProdigySkylined

Likes (Received): 184

Was thinking this morning that when you come down the Observatory lift in WTC1 they have the original design of WTC2. Be a pain to have to redo it wouldn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-cxHQ_7wvE

Just noticed WTC3 still has its antennas lol

dres0ne liked this post
TheProdigySkylined no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2017, 01:51 PM   #6185
xing lin
I ♥ HK

Likes (Received): 614

I think they'll probably have to redo the animation at some point after the whole complex is finished- the old design for 5WTC and the PAC are also still there and St. Nicholas is not.
also, that is one heck of a beautiful animation! There's even a night version!

Last edited by xing lin; June 3rd, 2017 at 01:56 PM.
xing lin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2017, 03:40 AM   #6186
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
You've either forgotten what America used to be, or are too young to have ever experienced it. He might be dead, but Bin Laden killed America before America killed him. Al Qaeda *still* scares the crap out of America in a way that *nothing* did before 9/11. The whole country has devolved into a darker, fearful, cynical, paranoid place.

It's still my country, and from time to time it shows flashes of its former self, but it's not what it used to be.

CactusLord, NewYorker2009, DeaconG liked this post
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2017, 04:55 AM   #6187
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
You've either forgotten what America used to be, or are too young to have ever experienced it. He might be dead, but Bin Laden killed America before America killed him. Al Qaeda *still* scares the crap out of America in a way that *nothing* did before 9/11. The whole country has devolved into a darker, fearful, cynical, paranoid place.

It's still my country, and from time to time it shows flashes of its former self, but it's not what it used to be.
While I understand what you're saying about the changes of time after 9/11, the great US of A was attacked on it's home soil like none before , I don't not see the fear or paranoia you claim.

Like I said to Prodigy ; the city continues to build itself bigger and taller. You look at all the developments around the city and you see most of them offer lots of use for pedestrian use and socialization.

There will always be events in the world that will cause mass hysteria, but in time it will heal and things will be back to what they were, better than ever.

Old June 4th, 2017, 05:11 AM   #6188
NewYorker2009

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
While I understand what you're saying about the changes of time after 9/11, the great US of A was attacked on it's home soil like none before , I don't not see the fear or paranoia you claim.

Like I said to Prodigy ; the city continues to build itself bigger and taller. You look at all the developments around the city and you see most of them offer lots of use for pedestrian use and socialization.

There will always be events in the world that will cause mass hysteria, but in time it will heal and things will be back to what they were, better than ever.
America is definitely not what it used to be. I experienced how America was before 9/11 and it wasn't like today. The terrorists did win that day. They destroyed the World Trade Center, a beautiful icon of America, accept it! We wouldn't be in this current predicament if 9/11 never happened. Nearly 16 years and the whole Trade Center STILL remains incomplete. That does not show strength nor resilience. The new complex is great and all but it doesn't replace what was there before. Sure in a 100 years it won't matter and 9/11 will be forgotten like Pearl Harbor but right now it's still fresh in our memories for those who have lived through it. I just can't sit here and lie that we are "stronger than ever" when I know it's quite the contrary.
NewYorker2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2017, 06:21 AM   #6189
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

But what does being afraid and paranoid have to do with rebuilding the WTC?

I can understand if it's your opinion American has changed but what does that have to do with rebuilding what was lost?

Strength and resilience? You have one of the strongest buildings in the world with insane amount of security. A disastrous thing would have been Libeskind original proposal of a building.

Old June 4th, 2017, 06:45 AM   #6190
chris123678

Likes (Received): 143

Quote:

When you have a Tower that sits upon a 200 foot windowless, concrete base, that seems like fear to me. As soon as you walk in the lobby of Tower 1, you're hit with a huge wall. Fear has to be apart of this.

As to the other comments, this design for 2 WTC is hideous. Foster's design was amazing, but this site, I think, pales in comparison to the original.
They keep saying Bigger, Better.
Doesn't this entire site have less space than the previous site?
I could be wrong..

http://patrioticvoices.com/index.php

TheProdigySkylined, tonttula liked this post
chris123678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2017, 07:22 AM   #6191
NewYorker2009

Quote:
But what does being afraid and paranoid have to do with rebuilding the WTC?

I can understand if it's your opinion American has changed but what does that have to do with rebuilding what was lost?

Strength and resilience? You have one of the strongest buildings in the world with insane amount of security. A disastrous thing would have been Libeskind original proposal of a building.
You can't just rebuild what was lost. The original complex is never coming back. This new complex was way over budget, behind schedule, that's what I meant by lack of strength and resilience, never said it pertained to the structural strength of the new buildings. Now that we're on the subject, the internal core may be of the strongest concrete and rebar imaginable, but the exterior is lacking all the columns that the old Towers provided, something that helped keep the buildings up as long as they did. 16 years later I would have expected a completed WTC, not the half-assed atrocity we have now. I'm embarrassed as an American this is the best we could do.
Old June 4th, 2017, 07:37 AM   #6192
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

While you may be disappointed in the WTC you can't deny that the city is being built bigger and better. There's no fear and or paranoia that I see in new developments.

You ask anyone after 9/11 if they think there would be anything bigger than the WTC in NY and I guarantee the answer would be no.

Politics has definitely had a lot to do with the woes of the site and greed has lead to a lot of downgrades but I still think it's a wonderful site.

Old June 4th, 2017, 07:39 AM   #6193
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Quote:
While I understand what you're saying about the changes of time after 9/11, the great US of A was attacked on it's home soil like none before , I don't not see the fear or paranoia you claim
How old are you? Because I really don't think you do understand, because you sound like someone who was not alive (or at least not aware of the wider world) when things were normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
America is definitely not what it used to be. I experienced how America was before 9/11 and it wasn't like today. The terrorists did win that day. They destroyed the World Trade Center, a beautiful icon of America, accept it! We wouldn't be in this current predicament if 9/11 never happened. Nearly 16 years and the whole Trade Center STILL remains incomplete. That does not show strength nor resilience. The new complex is great and all but it doesn't replace what was there before. Sure in a 100 years it won't matter and 9/11 will be forgotten like Pearl Harbor but right now it's still fresh in our memories for those who have lived through it. I just can't sit here and lie that we are "stronger than ever" when I know it's quite the contrary.
They didn't win the war that day. They won when we burned billions turning our airports into fake security theaters, which cost us millions of hours just to LOOK like they're safe. They won when we turned our police from peace officers to a counter-terror paramilitary force. They won when America tore up its own reputation to go to war in Iraq. They won when the current president decided to try to ban Muslims from entering the country.

Last edited by STR; June 4th, 2017 at 07:47 AM.
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2017, 07:44 AM   #6194
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Quote:
How old are you?
I'm 23. Very young to probably most of the members here.

I was only in 2nd grade when I saw the first plane strike the WTC and I've only gotten a chance to only be across the street from them once.

Old June 4th, 2017, 07:49 AM   #6195
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Quote:
I'm 23. Very young to probably most of the members here.

I was only in 2nd grade when I saw the first plane strike the WTC and I've only gotten a chance to only be across the street from them once.
Just as I thought. You don't know what was lost. Insanity is actually normal to you because you've known nothing else.
Old June 4th, 2017, 07:57 AM   #6196
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Ok, STR. You seem to be getting personal now. I do know your work and you had amazing renders and models.

I said what I know and believe in a civil matter so I'll leave it at that.

Have a goodnight.

Old June 4th, 2017, 08:20 AM   #6197
NewYorker2009

Quote:
While you may be disappointed in the WTC you can't deny that the city is being built bigger and better. There's no fear and or paranoia that I see in new developments.

You ask anyone after 9/11 if they think there would be anything bigger than the WTC in NY and I guarantee the answer would be no.

Politics has definitely had a lot to do with the woes of the site and greed has lead to a lot of downgrades but I still think it's a wonderful site.
Bigger yes, Better no. NYC is still the same dump it's always been, just more crowded and higher prices. I know because I've lived here all my life and I've grown a tolerance to it.

Most New Yorkers wanted the Twin Towers rebuilt. Instead they went a totally different direction and didn't care what us taxpayers were paying to get built. It's a disgrace. Yeah the new complex has the potential to be great but it won't be until the Port Authority sells the whole site. They shouldn't be building office buildings, period.

Old June 4th, 2017, 08:26 AM   #6198
NewYorker2009

Quote:
They didn't win the war that day. They won when we burned billions turning our airports into fake security theaters, which cost us millions of hours just to LOOK like they're safe. They won when we turned our police from peace officers to a counter-terror paramilitary force. They won when America tore up its own reputation to go to war in Iraq. They won when the current president decided to try to ban Muslims from entering the country.
Well what I meant was they won in destroying the World Trade Center, inflicting a massive scar that has not yet healed after 16 years. Yeah the domino effect that ensued after 9/11 led America to where it is today, a police state. They should have gotten tough on immigration following the 1993 World Trade Center bombing but these scumbags never learn and we have to pay the price every time. Thanks to the Presidents over the last 30 years, we have a whole country full of radical Muslims that are seizing the right moment to conduct an attack.

Last edited by NewYorker2009; June 4th, 2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old June 4th, 2017, 08:57 AM   #6199
DOOMNES

Likes (Received): 563

Please dont be rude to the ALL Muslims
Old June 4th, 2017, 09:16 AM   #6200
perheps

Likes (Received): 88

NEW YORK | 2WTC - 200 Greenwich St. | 403m | 1323ft | 82 fl | On Hold
I think time change is:
NEW YORK | 2WTC - 200 Greenwich St. | 403m | 1323ft | 82 fl | Need tenants
Because they are still waiting too longer but look like no one this site
Seem more likely too expensive for this building
Good news no cancelled or never built
I think this more likely starting construction on 2019 take four years building
perheps no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center