daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 20th, 2017, 01:25 AM   #6241
Redzio
To ja!

Likes (Received): 6787

Totally agree. The WTC 400 metre to roof height is not tall enought to deminate the skyline for few decades.
Redzio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2017, 06:29 PM   #6242
perheps

Likes (Received): 88

There plan on this building... they no longer use required from United States
They think useful outside of United States could quickly building Two World Trade Centre
More than 100 options from outside of United States
Look like 7 countries are want bought however each about 10 floors use share them
If they go ahead... no problem go contact them for construction
Probably start building on 2019 but I was right about this... I just word back 2014 October
"They could have useful outside not here if I right then start 2019" probably they heard me
perheps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 05:33 AM   #6243
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by perheps View Post
There plan on this building... they no longer use required from United States
They think useful outside of United States could quickly building Two World Trade Centre
More than 100 options from outside of United States
Look like 7 countries are want bought however each about 10 floors use share them
If they go ahead... no problem go contact them for construction
Probably start building on 2019 but I was right about this... I just word back 2014 October
"They could have useful outside not here if I right then start 2019" probably they heard me
? ?
Old August 23rd, 2017, 05:39 AM   #6244
perheps

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
? ?
Oh well I don't mind any at all... iPad Pro is terrible typewrite
My apologies
perheps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 01:20 PM   #6245
marshalca

Likes (Received): 16

image hosted on flickr

In Madrid, Tower Picasso, look the same, It's also Yamasaki, I think... this man repeat and repeat the proyect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaboy View Post
I can't say I'd agree with this. Yamasaki developed/designed One M&T Bank Plaza in Buffalo before the Twin towers and this is what it looks like:

A lot of people celebrate the building as an example of good architecture (but maybe that's just on a local scale).

I also find it interesting that Tulsa has a building taller than the tallest building in Buffalo.
marshalca está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 01:55 PM   #6246
Chris666

Likes (Received): 29

1776 m high new Megatall for NYC

1776 Meters (!) high...the Independent Tower, with Rockets and Laser Weapons on the Top, which destroy every airplane, that comes to near to that building. On Floor 400 a office for Mr. President Trump: "Making America great again!"
Chris666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 09:54 PM   #6247
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris666 View Post
1776 Meters (!) high...the Independent Tower, with Rockets and Laser Weapons on the Top, which destroy every airplane, that comes to near to that building. On Floor 400 a office for Mr. President Trump: "Making America great again!"
Nope, meters are un-American.

How about 1776 floors!

Chris666 liked this post
uakoops está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #6248
TheProdigySkylined

Likes (Received): 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris666 View Post

.....what from orbit?

TheProdigySkylined no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 04:12 PM   #6249
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4604

Let's hope it happens this time.

Deutsche Bank may be eyeing move to 2 World Trade Center
http://nypost.com/2017/09/05/deutsch...-trade-center/

Quote:
Deutsche Bank, a name once unfairly associated with political inertia and delay at Ground Zero, could be the tenant that finally gets Two World Trade Center built to complete the site’s planned office tower quartet.

The financial giant has quietly sent a request-for-proposals to Larry Silverstein regarding a possible relocation to the Bjarke Ingels-designed 2 WTC, sources told Realty Check.

Deutsche, which has long been at 60 Wall St. which it once owned, is trolling for a new Manhattan home for when its lease expires in 2022.

But Deutsche has also sent an RFP to Related Cos. and Oxford Properties Group for 50 Hudson Yards, we’ve learned. Unlike Two World Trade, Related’s 2.3-million-square-footer is set to rise imminently, having pre-signed BlackRock as an 850,000- square-foot anchor. (Mitsui Fudosan is buying a 90 percent stake in the tower.)

Deutsche Bank is considering 1.3 million square feet at either Two World Trade or 50 Hudson.

You’ll recall that Twenty-First Century Fox and the New York Post’s parent, News Corp., were in nonbinding talks with Silverstein in 2015 about moving to Two World Trade, but no deal was struck. The separate media companies controlled by Rupert Murdoch would have taken a total of 1.3 million square feet of the tower’s 2.8 million total.

An RFP is basically a “make me an offer” pitch. But it usually means that a tenant is ramping up its decision-making process.

Although Silverstein built the now-full 4 WTC and is gradually filling 3 WTC, he’s been frustrated in his efforts to land an anchor tenant to get Two World Trade off the ground. (One World Trade is owned by the Port Authority and the Durst Organization.) The three existing towers have drawn tenants such as Condé Nast, GroupM, Media Math, Spotify and Moody’s.

In the years following 9/11, the Deutsche Bank name was associated with the World Trade Center for the ruined hulk of 130 Liberty St. nearby, which was severely damaged in the terrorist attack. But the bank turned it over to the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. in 2004, and it was the agency’s job to take down the blackened ruin — a task it didn’t complete until 2011.

Reps for Silverstein and Related declined to comment. Deutsche Bank reps couldn’t be reached over the holiday weekend.
An RFP is basically a “make me an offer” pitch. But it usually means that a tenant is ramping up its decision-making process.
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 05:30 PM   #6250
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 718

It's weird that they want BIG's tower when Foster's was designed for banks and financial companies. I hope they'll switch to Foster's version, it was such an imposing and beautiful proposal.
Old September 5th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #6251
SydneyCarton

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
It's weird that they want BIG's tower when Foster's was designed for banks and financial companies. I hope they'll switch to Foster's version, it was such an imposing and beautiful proposal.
If DB signs a lease, they may very well demand Foster's design. The foundation for it has already been built.
SydneyCarton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 06:55 PM   #6252
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyCarton View Post
If DB signs a lease, they may very well demand Foster's design. The foundation for it has already been built.
Even DB doesn't demand the Foster design, Silverstein might very well recommend it when they respond to the RFP. The savings (in addition to re-working the foundations, the BIG design presents a complex engineering challenge, which adds further to the cost) could be passed on to their tenants.

2WTC has the advantage over 50 HY of allowing Deutsche to stay downtown and to have their own tower instead of sharing it with another major financial tenant. Let's hope Silverstein recognizes that he's in the cat-bird seat and makes an aggressive play to out-bid Related. If he fails to seal the deal here, I think we can expect this site to remain capped off for the 2020s at least.

On a side note, does anyone have any info on what might happen with 60 Wall Street when DB moves out? I know it's not that old, having only been constructed in 1989, and it's already fitted out with Class A office space... but am I the only one who thinks it's one of the goofier PoMo towers in lower Manhattan? It could use a reclad at least, if not a more significant redevelopment (in the dream scenario, maybe even a 425 Park-style reimagining into a modern supertall?)
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 07:05 PM   #6253
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 718

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyCarton View Post
Yeah, it seems logical they would want Foster's version, but the article says that they are regarding possible relocation to Bjarke Ingels-designed 2 WTC, so that made me slightly concerned. I really hope this will go through and we will finally see Foster's version rising on the site. Who knows, maybe 3 WTC will get the spires then (wishful thinking, but oh well... )
Old September 5th, 2017, 08:30 PM   #6254
SydneyCarton

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Yeah, it seems logical they would want Foster's version, but the article says that they are regarding possible relocation to Bjarke Ingels-designed 2 WTC, so that made me slightly concerned. I really hope this will go through and we will finally see Foster's version rising on the site. Who knows, maybe 3 WTC will get the spires then (wishful thinking, but oh well... )
Just because an article refers to BIG doesn't mean that it's set in stone. While I like BIG's design, it was made specifically for News Corp.

Foster's design would be the easiest to build since its foundation exists.

Titan Man liked this post
SydneyCarton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 10:44 PM   #6255
scraper2293

Likes (Received): 199

Please god don't tell me this could mean BIG's design will see the light of day. You would think a prospective bank tenant would prefer a design that was geared towards banks and already has its foundations in place (Foster's).

If they do end up settling here I sincerely hope it's Foster's tower that they go with.
scraper2293 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #6256
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2906

Fingers and toes crossed for Foster's tower being chosen!

Considering their old building had the be demolished, it would be a home coming for Deutsche Bank to return to the WTC.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ

nylkoorB liked this post
iiConTr0v3rSYx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 07:08 AM   #6257
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1548

DB coming back to the site would be a significant symbol of the site's rebirth.

nylkoorB, Lt. H Caine, goodybear liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 06:37 PM   #6258
NewYorker2009

Likes (Received): 132

While I love the Foster design, I don't mind the BIG design from the west side, I think this tower needs to fit w the rest of the complex and foster's tower just doesn't cut it. I think they need to modify the BIG design and get rid of that stupid staircase that looks like it would fall over. I don't mind the flat roofs. I thought this complex was all about promoting safety. Maybe they could add another observation deck, perhaps outside like the south tower had with eateries inside like the south tower had. They need to work with the foster foundation already set up in place, which shaves a couple of years off if they had to adjust the foundation with the BIG design. I just want this thing finished already. Like I mentioned in earlier posts, it's an embarrassment that 16 years later and this complex still isn't finished. Its ridiculous how they have to have an anchor tenant already set up, before they build the tower. Don't they understand tenants want the tower under construction, then they'll fill it up once they see that new office space is emerging. They could have AT LEAST built the podium of the tower like they did for tower 3 and when an anchor tenant comes along they would continue building. I honestly blame the port authority for this, I used to blame Silverstein but look how fast his buildings rise and reach completion in the downtown area. The Port Authority should have sold the Trade Center years ago, and still retained full control of the PATH. They're just greedy bastards and fail at pretty much everything they do. They ****ed up the Bayonne bridge, the Goethals bridge is a joke and has caused endless traffic for me every day. The tunnels are a joke. The city would be much better without the port authority. **** their deep pockets, that's our money they take home everyday, giving us no choice but to cross their overpriced bridges & tunnels just to go to work, go home and feed our families...

nylkoorB liked this post
NewYorker2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #6259
nylkoorB

Likes (Received): 224

and don't forget the horrible bus station they own in Midtown, which might just be the worst place in all of Manhattan!

I cannot believe the Port Authority owns the World Trade Center! You wouldn't think they'd have that much money if you frequented their bus station.
Old September 6th, 2017, 07:44 PM   #6260
NewYorker2009

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylkoorB View Post
and don't forget the horrible bus station they own in Midtown, which might just be the worst place in all of Manhattan!

I cannot believe the Port Authority owns the World Trade Center! You wouldn't think they'd have that much money if you frequented their bus station.
Yeah and let's not forget the airports too. Akin to a 3rd world country. They try to modernize these things but they end up making it worse. Never visited the bus station and never had any intent on it. I just think they should have left the whole site to Silverstein, not a big fan of him but he wants this thing done before he dies so I can understand his frustration to finish this damn thing. Tower Two is the missing piece of this already, gigantic puzzle.

nylkoorB liked this post
NewYorker2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center