daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 21st, 2011, 10:06 PM   #761
TowersNYC
Carlos V

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_man12345 View Post
Im not doubting you or anything, but can you tell me where you got this and a link please?
One of my clients works for Durst (high level executive) and he told me that....

I Love NY
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:21 PM   #762
leoracademico
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

beautiful!.. it will start to rise up finally!
leoracademico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:24 PM   #763
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

I'll wait until it is official before I start celebrating.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:21 AM   #764
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowersNYC View Post
One of my clients works for Durst (high level executive) and he told me that....
That's not even a secret. It's been public knowledge for a while, as it was part of the deal that got Silverstein Properties full public funding for Tower 4, and partial funding for Tower 3 if they can lease 400,000 sqft in the building. Tower 2 will be completely privately financed, like any other normal project. If tenants and financing can't be arranged in the next year and a half, they'll stop construction when they're done with the retail podium levels.

The Port Authority made some renders of these "stumps" that were leaked about a year ago.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:08 AM   #765
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

They weren't leaked. And the PA didn't plan on finishing the building. The plan now is to build the towers up to grade and finishing them at a later time.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:29 AM   #766
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Curbed NY says those are leaked pics and given that they're the only ones to publish copies I'm going to take their word on it. It has also been explicitly stated that Tower 3 will be completed to the top of the retail level, and that Tower 2 will reach grade, but no one has said specifically if they'll stop there or add the first few floors too. Since it is completely privately financed once it reaches the curb, the final call lies with Silverstein Properties.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:51 AM   #767
kingsc

Oh is that what curbed said because I read it in the news paper. They had the picture in the Daily News or then onces.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:43 AM   #768
MattToronto
Less is More

Likes (Received): 97

It's not a bad job at covering up the stumps though.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:08 PM   #769
TowersNYC
Carlos V

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
That's not even a secret. It's been public knowledge for a while, as it was part of the deal that got Silverstein Properties full public funding for Tower 4, and partial funding for Tower 3 if they can lease 400,000 sqft in the building. Tower 2 will be completely privately financed, like any other normal project. If tenants and financing can't be arranged in the next year and a half, they'll stop construction when they're done with the retail podium levels.

The Port Authority made some renders of these "stumps" that were leaked about a year ago.

I DID NOT SAY IT WAS A SECRET!

I Love NY
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM   #770
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

I bet towers 2 and 3 will reach street level at about the same pace that #4 did. Time is money !

I also don't see the economic situation a year from now being so bad that the towers will not be completed to there full designed hight.

Meanwhile, they are almost ready to put the boom on the second tower crane.

Last edited by Zensteeldude; January 23rd, 2011 at 07:38 PM.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM   #771
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
I bet towers 2 and 3 will reach street level at about the same pace that #4 did. Time is money !

I also don't see the economic situation a year from now being so bad that the towers will not be completed to there full designed high.
Look at it this way: if stuff continues the way it has been, finishing the WTC should be the least of everyone's problems.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM   #772
Traynor
Back to Basics

Likes (Received): 15

I would be curious to know... If indeed 2 and 3 are finished only to podium height and tenants move in... Shops restaurants, trading floors etcetera. Then one day in a prosperous future, they decide to build the towers above to full height... What happens to the tenants? Are they kicked out? Or are they inconvenienced with disruptive construction for several years?

I mean, if I were a prospective tenant of say a large retail store in the podium of 2WTC, I wouldn't want my customers put off or inconvenienced by dirty entrance ways, mud, noise and such for months or years. It would kill my business for sure. I would certainly take this into consideration when negotiating a lease rate per square foot, if I considered it at all.
Traynor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM   #773
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Boom for the second tower crane is being assembled down...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:33 PM   #774
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
I would be curious to know... If indeed 2 and 3 are finished only to podium height and tenants move in... Shops restaurants, trading floors etcetera. Then one day in a prosperous future, they decide to build the towers above to full height... What happens to the tenants? Are they kicked out? Or are they inconvenienced with disruptive construction for several years?

I mean, if I were a prospective tenant of say a large retail store in the podium of 2WTC, I wouldn't want my customers put off or inconvenienced by dirty entrance ways, mud, noise and such for months or years. It would kill my business for sure. I would certainly take this into consideration when negotiating a lease rate per square foot, if I considered it at all.
Fortunately since all the underground work will be done mud will not be an issue but as you stated much of the other dirt and clutter associate with a construction project will be. I would assume they would build some kind of protection over the entrance ways to allow businesses to continue to operate. Obviously those on the top floor would have to move both for safety and interconnection issues. Consideration for this will obviously have to be included in the leases.

Unfortunately because of this I'm sure most of the retailers who locate here will be smaller ones, many probably one of shops who will try to make a killing while operating. Because of this I would expect a fairly high turnover of these businesses.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:19 PM   #775
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

By GreenwichBoy,

spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #776
zapor1

Likes (Received): 31

They'll probably build the podium and a few floors before stopping. The retail at the podium will most likely be big companies not just some random store. I have a guess it'll be something high end.
zapor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #777
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post

There's going to be a underground mall. Wouldn't that take away from their business. Touching the mud in ground zero, is like touching the soul of the
people who dead there.
Old January 24th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #778
MattToronto
Less is More

Likes (Received): 97

Little much, don't you think?
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #779
kingsc

^ No I never said it wasn't a bad thing.
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #780
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Januray 24th, BStyles, WNY..

DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center