daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 18th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #1281
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

From what I know in december it'll only reach ground level

Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #1282
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

I think we'll see the ground/street level formed before December. The plan at this moment is to build some temporary above grade mechanical structures (for the WTC Hub), entrances to the lower Hub and retail areas, and likely some sort of protective/architectural wall.

The PA capped 2WTC's below grade structure's budget at $200 million. Anything above grade beyond the current plan is Silverstein's responsibility. He's focusing all his money on 3WTC and 4WTC right now.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #1283
primus20

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
From what I know in december it'll only reach ground level
i think they reach only 100feet but not street level, its not so diffcult to build like wtc1

I ♥ NY
primus20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #1284
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Well, I dunno, from what I heared building underground levels is far tougher than building aboveground levels
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #1285
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

^Obviously. The underground work is what supports most of the tower. Also consider that there will be retail space underground in and near the tower, so they will have to make it work with the rest of the area around it for the mall space.
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #1286
primus20

Likes (Received): 38

is that right that they are working now about one year on this tower?

i think they made the fundament in this year and those floors now are over the fundament but under the street level

I ♥ NY
primus20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #1287
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

image hosted on flickr

World Trade Center Site as of Aug 2011 by msnyc111, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

World Trade Center Site as of Aug 2011 by msnyc111, on Flickr
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 01:52 AM   #1288
Pablobegood

Likes (Received): 46

Finally a different angle, thanks!
Pablobegood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 02:36 AM   #1289
azn_man12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablobegood View Post
Finally a different angle, thanks!
So different in fact that I didn't know what it was for a second XD
Old August 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM   #1290
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

August 20th, Potapsco, Skyscraperpage..

image hosted on flickr
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 06:44 PM   #1291
spectre000

Awesome to see a formwork up now for the B1 level. This is moving quickly.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 02:02 AM   #1292
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 6558

One thing that keeps coming back to me. What will happen once this tower will reach the grade? This is very soon as far as I can see it. According to the agreement unless there is a tenant for these towers they will not be built higher than the grade. Any news about that?

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.” Thomas Jefferson
"We Shall Never Surrender." Winston Churchill
“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.R. Tolkien
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 02:18 AM   #1293
BiggieSmalls

Likes (Received): 2

WTC 2 goes to grade.. Three goes to the 6th floor.
BiggieSmalls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:36 AM   #1294
spectre000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFlint1985 View Post
One thing that keeps coming back to me. What will happen once this tower will reach the grade? This is very soon as far as I can see it. According to the agreement unless there is a tenant for these towers they will not be built higher than the grade. Any news about that?
The street level floor will come soon enough. But keep in mind they're only building walls and floors right now. In essence the shell. There is a lot to build out in those levels. Above ground, there will be temporary mechanical structures built that'll be used by the transportation hub in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
WTC 2 goes to grade.. Three goes to the 6th floor.
The PA has said seven floors. Though it depends a little how you count floors. The ceiling/roof of the sixth floor is the "seventh" floor. If no tenant is lined up the podium will be capped off. But a decision on that won't be made NET (no earlier than) November '13 (or twelve months before the anticipated opening of the transportation hub. The 4th and 5th floors of T3's podium contains mechanical equipment for the Hub and VSC roadway network. The 3rd floor contains the SWOCC (Site Wide Operations Control Center), whatever the heck that is. Read it in the PA's meeting minutes.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:02 AM   #1295
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
The street level floor will come soon enough. But keep in mind they're only building walls and floors right now. In essence the shell. There is a lot to build out in those levels. Above ground, there will be temporary mechanical structures built that'll be used by the transportation hub in the meantime.

The PA has said seven floors. Though it depends a little how you count floors. The ceiling/roof of the sixth floor is the "seventh" floor. If no tenant is lined up the podium will be capped off. But a decision on that won't be made NET (no earlier than) November '13 (or twelve months before the anticipated opening of the transportation hub. The 4th and 5th floors of T3's podium contains mechanical equipment for the Hub and VSC roadway network. The 3rd floor contains the SWOCC (Site Wide Operations Control Center), whatever the heck that is. Read it in the PA's meeting minutes.
well so all in all we are looking at another long lull in any construction unless Larry Silverstein will find tenants and 300 million $. Because tower 2 will reach the street level within a month. tower 3 will get to 7th floor I'd say 3 months. Even with a lot of internal work that is going to be done there these 2 towers will be virtually on hold until better times.

Quote:
On March 25, 2010, the Port Authority released plans to build Two and Three World Trade Center to street level. The transit and retail podium at the 175 Greenwich Street site would be constructed immediately, the construction of the tower will start while Silverstein Properties raises $300 million of private equity, leases out at least 400,000 square feet (37,000 m2) of the tower, and obtains financing for the remaining cost of the tower

Quote:
2WTC foundation work began on June 1, 2010 and should last until late 2011.[9]. As of August 2011, the sub-grade structural steel erection has begun along with two active cranes active on site. 2WTC is expected to be complete to street level by the end of 2011. [10] As of 17th August 2011, Two World Trade Center has reached street level with the first of the tower's steel beams have now finished being installed into the tower's foundations. Preparations are being made to install the second of the tower's steel beams into the foundations this should be happening in the September - October 2011 to early 2012.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_World_Trade_Center

Quote:
As of 9th August, 2011, Three World Trade Center work is continuing with installing the first of the tower's foundations. This should be completed by the last quarter of 2011. Concrete is being poured below grade for the foundation. The building should be street level by late 2011 or early 2012 depending on progress. As of 17th August 2011, Three World Trade Center has reached floor ground level with the first of the tower's foundations being installed this should be completed by the last quarter of 2011.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_World_Trade_Center

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:03 AM   #1296
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Read it in the PA's meeting minutes.
WOW! I've been researching and have read almost all aviable (as of June 2011) documents released by the PA but I've ignored those meeting board minutes... they're a bunch! Worth starting to read...
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:12 AM   #1297
spectre000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFlint1985 View Post
well so all in all we are looking at another long lull in any construction unless Larry Silverstein will find tenants and 300 million $. Because tower 2 will reach the street level within a month. tower 3 will get to 7th floor I'd say 3 months. Even with a lot of internal work that is going to be done there these 2 towers will be virtually on hold until better times.
Another interesting tidbit is there is a clause that would allow some of NYC's lease in 4WTC to transfer to 3WTC. Up to 150,000 sq ft of NYC 588k lease can move to Tower 3. That means Silverstein could secure the public funding for T3 with an anchor tenant of 250,000 sq ft instead of 400,000. But the fine print on that is a bit murky. NYC's lease is below market rents. I want to say somewhere around mid $50's a sq ft. The lease in T3 must be $60 or higher. So I imagine the anchor tenant would have to pay more than $60 to make up for NYC's lower rent. Plus T4 would probably have to secure some small leases as well to make up for NYC's lease to move to T3.... and so on and so on...

The $300 million isn't a big problem. ~$250 million will be coming from his Liberty Bonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
WOW! I've been researching and have read almost all aviable (as of June 2011) documents released by the PA but I've ignored those meeting board minutes... they're a bunch! Worth starting to read...
Hell yes!! They're far more informative too than the quarterly reports the PA releases.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 05:12 AM   #1298
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Quote:
Another interesting tidbit is there is a clause that would allow some of NYC's lease in 4WTC to transfer to 3WTC. Up to 150,000 sq ft of NYC 588k lease can move to Tower 3. That means Silverstein could secure the public funding for T3 with an anchor tenant of 250,000 sq ft instead of 400,000. But the fine print on that is a bit murky. NYC's lease is below market rents. I want to say somewhere around mid $50's a sq ft. The lease in T3 must be $60 or higher. So I imagine the anchor tenant would have to pay more than $60 to make up for NYC's lower rent. Plus T4 would probably have to secure some small leases as well to make up for NYC's lease to move to T3.... and so on and so on...

The $300 million isn't a big problem. ~$250 million will be coming from his Liberty Bonds.

Hell yes!! They're far more informative too than the quarterly reports the PA releases.
LOL I am glad that he at least has some options, but me and you we both know that this is really stretching all this way to thin. Unless we see some really big tenant nothing will be secure.

Also don't forget that he is 80 (!!!) years old and not in a perfect health. Any variations with him in terms of possible ownership can sink all this deal pretty deep. We are in uncharted waters right now and my worries unfortunately have a lot of fuel.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM   #1299
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Has Larry already got any tenants secured for his towers?
Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:58 PM   #1300
azn_man12345

No

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center