daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #1501
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Hmm, you're right, they can built it and then wait for tenants, but sometimes a building only can be build if there are tenants beforehand.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #1502
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

Money talks.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #1503
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
What Morons. Tower 2 is the most beautiful and spectacular of all the buildings being built at Ground Zero including Tower 1.

Why can't they just start building it and tenants will come eventually like what happened with building 7.

I mean when they build the Empire State Building, they didnt have tenants lined up, its only after it opened that tenants started coming in.

America has lost the vision it once had.
Things have changed. In today's economic climate, no bank wants to hand out loans without solid proof that it can be paid back. This means a large anchor tenant.
Old October 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #1504
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Larry can build it whenever he wants to, but the problem is that as long as he doesn't get tenants for it he doesn't get money from the government and we're talking about several hundreds of millions so he won't just throw them away out of the window. As to why the government gave him this condition, they wanna make sure that the building will generate profit and that they will get some of the money back

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #1505
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
Hmm, you're right, they can built it and then wait for tenants, but sometimes a building only can be build if there are tenants beforehand.
I read somewhere in this forum that the building is fully leased out to banks and other big corporations. If that's the case, it's very rapid. And, the construction is guaranteed to be finished in time.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #1506
isdmd10

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
What Morons. Tower 2 is the most beautiful and spectacular of all the buildings being built at Ground Zero including Tower 1.

Why can't they just start building it and tenants will come eventually like what happened with building 7.

I mean when they build the Empire State Building, they didnt have tenants lined up, its only after it opened that tenants started coming in.

America has lost the vision it once had.
Because 7 WTC has fewer people involved who didn't mind making that commitment, especially during stronger economic times. The other buildings on the site proper are run by more people such as the PA who are demanding some guaranteed tenants first. Just keep your fingers crossed that Wall Street picks up in strength so a few of those firms will want to move in.
isdmd10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #1507
frzbglfr25

Likes (Received): 0

Out of all the buildings other than tower one, this is the one that I want to see built. It should have gone 1, 2, 3, 4, instead of reverse. 1,4,3,2
frzbglfr25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #1508
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzbglfr25 View Post
Out of all the buildings other than tower one, this is the one that I want to see built. It should have gone 1, 2, 3, 4, instead of reverse. 1,4,3,2
If Silverstein had had his way, Tower 2 would've started after 7WTC. What a shame.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #1509
WTC 4 Ever

Likes (Received): 0

There are so many mixed opinions on here about Larry Silverstein good and bad and I can say I have mixed opinions on him but at the moment to me he seems like he is doing everything he can for the wtc site and NYC which I am glad
WTC 4 Ever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #1510
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

They might be able to put a restaurant at the top of 2 WTC since 1 WTC's restaurant fell through.
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #1511
Kanto
Roof height crusader

That's an awesome idea. Windows on the World was the highest grossing restaurant in the US so it is hard for me to imagine a restaurant in the WTC not earning profit
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #1512
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
That's an awesome idea. Windows on the World was the highest grossing restaurant in the US so it is hard for me to imagine a restaurant in the WTC not earning profit
I'm sure it would do great. Plus it would be amazing to look down those big diamonds..
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #1513
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

Windows on the World was indeed the highest grossing restaurant while it existed. That doesn't mean it made profit though ;P
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #1514
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Joe Woolhead (wtc.com)
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:20 AM   #1515
oilmanjr

Likes (Received): 17

Awesome pic! Look at that rebar!!
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #1516
Credo
I Believe

Likes (Received): 2

Cool!

They've started the wooden decking at ground level for B1. So, officially, the basement floors (including the core) have reached ground level.

Quote:
Core and perimeter steel are up to street level. Rebar is being placed for the core walls at the B1-ground level and the B1M slab level.

http://www.wtc.com/news/construction...s-october-2011
Let's hope we hear news about a tenant soon.
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #1517
azn_man12345

Wasn't there news going around a few weeks ago that Larry had big news in regards to tenants coming up? What happened to that?
Old October 14th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #1518
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_man12345 View Post
Wasn't there news going around a few weeks ago that Larry had big news in regards to tenants coming up? What happened to that?
Well in the last few weeks we heard about new leases in 7WTC, the GSA lease in 1WTC confirmed, and 4WTC NYC tenant (Human Resources). Granted, T1's and T4's aren't really "new", but I have a feeling those were what Larry was referring too. Hopefully something exciting will be announced for T3 or T2.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #1519
azn_man12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Well in the last few weeks we heard about new leases in 7WTC, the GSA lease in 1WTC confirmed, and 4WTC NYC tenant (Human Resources). Granted, T1's and T4's aren't really "new", but I have a feeling those were what Larry was referring too. Hopefully something exciting will be announced for T3 or T2.
Well yeah, that's "good" news, but I thought we'd be seeing something like "Anchor Tenant for 2WTC" or "1 million square feet leased at 3WTC" or something like that :/
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #1520
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I think it's only a matter of time before we hear such news. Tenant harvesting for towers 1, 4 and 7 has been really successfull in the last months. Towers 1 and iirc 4 too are half full with tower 7 being full. Sooner or later they'll run outta space in towers 1 and 4 and then the time for towers 2 and 3 will come

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center