daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #161
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
we gonna have to wait another almost 2 month in order to find out if WTC2 will be build, as for WTC3= 99% sure it's not gonna get build in next 10 years.
well, if there's going to be a decision between the two towers, i really hope 2 WTC makes the run. of course the best solution is to build both towers now!

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #162
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Build a parking lot on the site of WTC 2 and 3, just like the other superpower...

luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #163
WiGgLz01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

Parking garage underground would be ok above ground will be ugly unless its like the trump tower where its incorporated into the bottom of the building.
WiGgLz01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #164
evany
skxawng by tsu'tey

Likes (Received): 69

this is will be one of the best high rise ever built in NY...and BTW this tower already appear in on film...oh yeah...BABYLON A.D. starting vince diesel...when they go to New york...oh is so incredible....I really love this tower...Congrats to NY you did again jay......now you can brag a lil more...along side with beautiful alicia keys...the concreat jungle...NY

0rgulho & Raça em frente SPC <3
evany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:11 AM   #165
WiGgLz01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

concrete jungle where dreams are made of, theres nothing you cant do, now youre in new york
WiGgLz01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:47 AM   #166
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

You can't do what you in New York. And we don't make dreams here we break em. Just ask Silverstein he had a dream, finish his new WTC by 2011. But those dreams were crush by the weight of reality. You wanna make it happen in this city, your going to have to do it the hard way.

Last edited by kingsc; January 31st, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 01:48 PM   #167
evany
skxawng by tsu'tey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
You can't do what you in New York. And we don't make dreams here we break em. Just ask Silverstein he had a dream, finish his new WTC by 2011. But those dreams were crush by the weight of reality. You wanna make it happen in this city, your going to have to do it the hard way.
LOL...hard way anh???or perhaps Brooklyn way...home the great rappers..B.I.G., Tupac, lil kim, Fabolous aka loso and of curse....the hahaha Jay
Old January 31st, 2010, 01:48 PM   #168
evany
skxawng by tsu'tey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiGgLz01 View Post
concrete jungle where dreams are made of, theres nothing you cant do, now youre in new york
indeed I can wait to go there
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:00 PM   #169
evany
skxawng by tsu'tey

NYC in the futere and 2WTC

[IMG]http://i34.************/4kbbyg.jpg[/IMG]

this are the towers givin a NYC nice and beautiful skyline...this NYC plus the towers in 2020 or more ...is so beautiful...

the only city in the world that have capacity to reach this level tokyo and hong kong...

even the roads have light...I really hope NYC become like this...

If I'm not mistaken, this will be times Square... simply beautiful...it's cities like this that give # strength for you carrie on

look at thoses babies my friends...tell me if that ain't beautiful?...like I said this skyline will be the best ever made in NYC

even the cabs will be different and modern and with technology

Look at them standing tall in all over NYC...this what I'm talking 'bout...outstanding

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by evany; January 31st, 2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:20 PM   #170
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

It ain't that great. Build it in Calgary and let Rem Koolhaas have a crack at WTC2.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 04:39 PM   #171
roro987
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

wow pretty cool!!
roro987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 06:25 PM   #172
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by evany View Post
the only city in the world that have capacity to reach this level tokyo and hong kong...
you are forgetting shanghai and other chinese megacities. but yeah i have to admit those pics are really cool. gotta watch this movie!
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:16 PM   #173
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
The only thing that happens fast in NYC is baseball and football stadiums, OK with football stadium is actually in New Jersey. Sporting facilities get built quickly without political interference, anything else gets dragged down forever. Somehow even government money for facilities associated with the stadiums seems to be readily available.
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:16 AM   #174
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by evany View Post
LOL...hard way anh???or perhaps Brooklyn way...home the great rappers..B.I.G., Tupac, lil kim, Fabolous aka loso and of curse....the hahaha Jay
Yeah all of that sounds good, Tupac isn't from Brooklyn he from Harlem. That movie is ass backward tower 2 isn't taller then tower 1. Its fair to say PA isn't going to help silverstein finish his towers. We may never see any other towers other then tower 4 built. But thats the way of the world. And to post #169 thats isn't time square it's in Lower Manhattan.

Last edited by kingsc; February 1st, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM   #175
evany
skxawng by tsu'tey

Quote:
Yeah all of that sounds good, Tupac isn't from Brooklyn he from Harlem. That movie is ass backward tower 2 isn't taller then tower 1. Its fair to say PA isn't going to help silverstein finish his towers. We may never see any other towers other then tower 4 built. But thats the way of the world. And to post #169 thats isn't time square it's in Lower Manhattan.
thanks for correcting me...but I thought that he was from brooklyn..but anyway...the movie may not be so good..but if the new york really become like that...it will simply stunnin...
Old February 1st, 2010, 01:24 PM   #176
evany
skxawng by tsu'tey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
you are forgetting shanghai and other chinese megacities. but yeah i have to admit those pics are really cool. gotta watch this movie!
yeah I thought 'bout shangai...but I'm not really sure if shanghai is up to this...but they 85% of the chances...I do agree that shanghai could also get in this list...but the other chinese megacities...I have my doubts...pequim is way far to be like that...so tokyo,hong kong and yes shanghai......I was disappointed with burj khalifa premiere..I thought that would be like thoses picure above...
Old February 1st, 2010, 09:02 PM   #177
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

NY will never look like that. People are living in downtown Manhattan and would be bothered by the intense lighting effects, especially at night. That would never be allowed. Stop dreaming, it is a fantasy.

Cities where residents are not given much power to influene their environment could reach that level of lighting -- perhaps in China (Shanghai or Chonquing has the best chance). I doubt Tokyo will expand its lighting effects outside of its major commercial poles due to resident density. Actually, I doubt any global city will be able to do those lighting effects over the entire city like this movie depicts. However, it will be an Asian city if there are any at all, and most likley an East Asian city. European cities are too used to catering to resident's concerns, same with NA. Latin America, ME, Africa, Australia and India have shown no inclination to adapt such installations. I believe it will be somwhere in East Asia, with NY being the best example of this in the Western world. All signs point to Shanghai, as it is a growing metropolis looking to make a big statement on the global stage, while Japan is mature and ageing.

Last edited by aquablue; February 1st, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:37 PM   #178
po-boy

Likes (Received): 5

I really hope they are able to resolve all issues and get this tower built. IMO, it is by far the most attractive of the proposed WTC buildings.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:41 AM   #179
NgelM
Two camels in a tiny car

Likes (Received): 66

So awesomeee!!! do you know when is thid going to be build?
"Valencia es infinita" Daniel De Sousa
NgelM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:42 AM   #180
kingsc

I could see lower manhattan looking like that. Without the spot lights of course. Plus Lower Manhattan mostly office towers anyway. And with are luck, it will be built in the next ten years just like tower1. But who really knows.

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center