daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Bengaluru

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1841
ss87

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandan_ks View Post
Srinivas,

If you are using Internet Explorer follow these steps.

Right Click on the Image.
Click on Properties at the bottom.
Copy the Address(URL)
Paste that inbetween [IMG [/IMG
I use Google chrome only-no idea why problem exists despite following instructions given by nandanji

Highcliff liked this post
ss87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #1842
nandan_ks
BengaLurina huduga

Likes (Received): 1074

right clicking on your earlier image and copying the image url will give this link

https : / /lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yq9QBLApv0o/UAfn9KhtsaI/AAAAAAAACwY/eoGo0KIsU8M/s577/photo0189.jpg

note the file extension at the end .jpg
nandan_ks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #1843
ss87

Quote:
right clicking on your earlier image and copying the image url will give this link

https : / /lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yq9QBLApv0o/UAfn9KhtsaI/AAAAAAAACwY/eoGo0KIsU8M/s577/photo0189.jpg

note the file extension at the end .jpg
Yahoo!! got it-thanks

Old August 14th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #1844
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Likes (Received): 2678

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen_blr View Post
Look at the brighter side there is someone to tell about ur drawbacks -best way improve .
BMTC is not flawless they can always improve.
There is no brighter side from that chutad newspaper,they are simply jealous of profit making ventures.If companies are hiring buses it is indeed a good move much better than cabs which otherwise choke roads.I always welcome companies using mass transport to ferry their people.BMTC is an organisation,any org will aim for profits,profits ensure funds and innovation of which the public is direct beneficiary.The hindu newspaper guys are born marxists.

Also looks like The hindu reporters undergo communism lessons during their training.

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK

engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1845
ss87

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer.akash View Post
There is no brighter side from that chutad newspaper,they are simply jealous of profit making ventures.If companies are hiring buses it is indeed a good move much better than cabs which otherwise choke roads.I always welcome companies using mass transport to ferry their people.BMTC is an organisation,any org will aim for profits,profits ensure funds and innovation of which the public is direct beneficiary.The hindu newspaper guys are born marxists.

Also looks like The hindu reporters undergo communism lessons during their training.
Also it didnt hapens all of a sudden-even regular commuters have got used to such things especially in peak hours-also pushpaks are buses generally deployed for this service and Pushpak is never a preferred travel vehilce for a BMTC commuter-though nowadays Volvo are also being used that creates some issues-but one man's pain is another gain's i.e a person from the office that charted this bus travels comfortably and that vehicle reduces from the road-also Bangalore is not a city like chennai where bus is the lifeline-Bus is just another mod eof transport in Bangalore

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #1846
mangalore mania
Indian First

Likes (Received): 2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer.akash View Post

Those buses are meant for public use not for these private players.. They can buy separate buses..
At the cost of common man's time and pain why do we need to feed these sharks..
I guess you never experienced the pain for waiting for buses or travelling in a jampack bus in Bangalore

Changing from Enjoying the Mangalore's rise to Karnataka's Pride

Mangalore Forum

mangalore mania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #1847
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalore mania View Post
Those buses are meant for public use not for these private players.. They can buy separate buses..
I guess you never experienced the pain for waiting for buses or travelling in a jampack bus in Bangalore
Well I am for both profit making avenues and service,if BMTC loots those foolish private cash rich cos I am very much glad.May the cash recieved is being used to buy newer ordinary buses which will be at service for the common man.

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #1848
naveen_blr

Likes (Received): 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalore mania View Post
Sahil i have waited for buses long hours and i said the solution is to buy new buses , its not like Chennai/Mumbai/Kolkotta/Hyderabad or any other city where center invests money these corps have to invest their own money or will die.
All the above cities has Commuter Rail which takes most of the load off the road. They invest in Roads & buses, water,infra & what not . Bangalore gets nothing from the centre just a few buses by JNNURM

naveen_blr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #1849
gentem
In the brig

If seat is reserved no need of a/c, you get to sit and no crowding so no need of a/c. Those leased buses always have empty seats and after half the journey bus is almost empty. Higher management of companies can travel in cars as number is less. If at all higher management dont prefer cars they can hire private minibuses with a/c. So better if volvos are not leased out.

gentem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #1850
naveen_blr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentem View Post
If seat is reserved no need of a/c, you get to sit and no crowding so no need of a/c. Those leased buses always have empty seats and after half the journey bus is almost empty. Higher management of companies can travel in cars as number is less. If at all higher management dont prefer cars they can hire private minibuses with a/c. So better if volvos are not leased out.
I have not seen Volvos leased out other than CTS. They too are in a way helping add people to BMTC by giving them BMTC passes which they can use during weekends too.
And about buses half empty -> Companies do a regular check on the number of people using the route/destination & change the number of buses , they do not do just hire buses seeing losses. There are cases where i have seen buses over crowded & people almost half the journey.Holding a seat for a friend is not permitted hence people come 20 mins before the departure time :-) don't ask me the company name,

Old August 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1851
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Quote:
Holding a seat for a friend is not permitted hence people come 20 mins before the departure time :-) don't ask me the company name,
Lol

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK

Old August 15th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #1852
ss87

One of BMTC's destination off Kanakapura Road-Tharalu estate-Looks more like an area that Gramanthara Sarige of KSRTC must cater to
214D resting at Tharalu Estate bus terminus 5 kms of Kaggalipura

Old August 16th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #1853
gentem
In the brig

Quote:
I have not seen Volvos leased out other than CTS. They too are in a way helping add people to BMTC by giving them BMTC passes which they can use during weekends too.
And about buses half empty -> Companies do a regular check on the number of people using the route/destination & change the number of buses , they do not do just hire buses seeing losses. There are cases where i have seen buses over crowded & people almost half the journey.Holding a seat for a friend is not permitted hence people come 20 mins before the departure time :-) don't ask me the company name,
But people dont travel standing in those buses right. So after halfway some people get down and buses will be almost empty. This wont happen in BMTC as new passengers get into bus midway. When i see almost empty volvos on road i feel sad, 3-4 people sitting in big a/c volvo bus

Old August 16th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #1854
Mahesh Nanjunda

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentem View Post
But people dont travel standing in those buses right. So after halfway some people get down and buses will be almost empty. This wont happen in BMTC as new passengers get into bus midway. When i see almost empty volvos on road i feel sad, 3-4 people sitting in big a/c volvo bus
Yes, nowadays people are packed like sardines in a can in BMTC Volvos. This defeats the very purpose of adding premium buses to the fleet, to encourage car owners to switch to public transport. At this rate people will not buy Volvo bus passes. Until recently route 365 Volvo had a good frequency, I heard from one of the conductors that some buses have been leased out to private parties.

Mahesh Nanjunda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #1855
naveen_blr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Nanjunda View Post
Yes, nowadays people are packed like sardines in a can in BMTC Volvos. This defeats the very purpose of adding premium buses to the fleet, to encourage car owners to switch to public transport. At this rate people will not buy Volvo bus passes. Until recently route 365 Volvo had a good frequency, I heard from one of the conductors that some buses have been leased out to private parties.
I hav not heard anyone other than CTS getting Volvo buses, if they are then it is bad as they hardly can get 200 buses manufactured and procured in a year.

Old August 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #1856
nandan_ks
BengaLurina huduga

Manyatha and Bagmane Tech Parks are also having Volvo buses.
Old August 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #1857
naveen_blr

Quote:
Manyatha and Bagmane Tech Parks are also having Volvo buses.
what i know is that CTS in Manyata provides Volvo Passes which are used for trips in the morning & evening ( one side)
I have not seen Bagmane having Volvo leased out for companies -BMTC runs Volvos to Bagmane.
I guess they should run buses inside Manyata too like EC ( they have shuttles though) and put the bus time schedules infront of all the companies.
BMTC should just resort to getting more buses like 500 Volvos and 1000 normal buses.

Old August 16th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #1858
ss87

Quote:
what i know is that CTS in Manyata provides Volvo Passes which are used for trips in the morning & evening ( one side)
I have not seen Bagmane having Volvo leased out for companies -BMTC runs Volvos to Bagmane.
I guess they should run buses inside Manyata too like EC ( they have shuttles though) and put the bus time schedules infront of all the companies.
BMTC should just resort to getting more buses like 500 Volvos and 1000 normal buses.
Bagmane rhas taken Coronas on lease I believe

Old August 17th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #1859
gentem
In the brig

Quote:
I have seen AMD, GVC etc on board of volvos.. empty bus where total 4 people flirting with one girl Let those companies hire private a/c buses, bmtc has very few volvos and cant afford to lease them out.

Normal bus i dont mind if companies hire upto 10% of buses. We have 6000 normal buses but only 600 volvos

Does BMTC have automatic bus washing facility?

http://www.carwash.cn/china-automati...se-377439.html

Last edited by gentem; August 17th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old August 17th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #1860
nandan_ks
BengaLurina huduga

Yes most of the depots have the automatic washing facility...
I have seen that from Indiranagar depot almost all the buses before starting for the service goes through this.

Tags
ksrtc

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: