daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #141
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12421

image hosted on flickr

Flickr에서 Seoul Mayor님의 (wonsoonpark)동대문 [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda View Post
Now I'm speechless indeed..

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Mussoda, WingWing, Daehanminguk liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2014, 10:34 AM   #142
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Is this a skyscraper under construction behind Dongdaemun DPP?

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Daehanminguk, inno4321 liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 03:11 AM   #143
inno4321

Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/augustlion?Red...o=100204251328
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
Is this a skyscraper under construction behind Dongdaemun DPP?

RIGHT

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

WingWing, Seoul_Korea liked this post
Old January 25th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #144
Denjiro
Heathen

Likes (Received): 7095

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Futuristic.

inno4321 liked this post
Denjiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #145
inno4321

Daehanminguk liked this post
Old February 4th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #146
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6739

It will be a challenge to clean this white interior haha

inno4321, phoenixboi08 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #147
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

But... But...

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Daehanminguk, inno4321 liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 09:21 AM   #148
inno4321

JuanPa liked this post
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #149
inno4321

Fabouninou liked this post
Old March 12th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #150
Fabouninou

Likes (Received): 252

The Dongdaemun Plaza is featured at the beginning and at the end of 2ne1's new futuristic MV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbfv-AAyvQ

inno4321 liked this post
Fabouninou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM   #151
inno4321

Official open at 21 March

phoenixboi08 liked this post
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #152
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabouninou View Post
The Dongdaemun Plaza is featured at the beginning and at the end of 2ne1's new futuristic MV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbfv-AAyvQ

In deed!!

Old March 20th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #153
inno4321

Old March 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #154
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1027

Just thought I would share this story: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...35_153619.html

It's a very negative piece about DDP, and while I don't know if I'd call it ugly, it is kind of an odd development. I don't think it's as bad as the reporter says, but he makes good points about how it doesn't at all blend in with the surrounding district, and is completely out of historical context.

That's something that I think applies to a lot of projects in South Korea and China. China can get away with having these starchitect projects that don't make sense with the rest of the city, as they have enough growth going on to sustain them (for now), and it's not a developed country with democratic processes to change the course of these kinds of developments.

South Korea, though, is a developed country that's not growing very quickly anymore. I just hope that the metropolitan and provincial leaders of this country don't go for flash projects to attract attention and give more money to construction companies, but go for things that really help improve the quality of life for everyone by building designs that make sense within Korea's urban fabric.

inno4321 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #155
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Just thought I would share this story: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...35_153619.html

It's a very negative piece about DDP, and while I don't know if I'd call it ugly, it is kind of an odd development. I don't think it's as bad as the reporter says, but he makes good points about how it doesn't at all blend in with the surrounding district, and is completely out of historical context.

That's something that I think applies to a lot of projects in South Korea and China. China can get away with having these starchitect projects that don't make sense with the rest of the city, as they have enough growth going on to sustain them (for now), and it's not a developed country with democratic processes to change the course of these kinds of developments.

South Korea, though, is a developed country that's not growing very quickly anymore. I just hope that the metropolitan and provincial leaders of this country don't go for flash projects to attract attention and give more money to construction companies, but go for things that really help improve the quality of life for everyone by building designs that make sense within Korea's urban fabric.

I don;t need those article Because I already finished those article ton of thousand from korean news paper.

Even ZAHADI ZAHA express angry about RUDENESS korean reporter's continue question accused against DDP's design. I'm so shy
What a hypocritical of SK people is they assumed all project as disaster or ugly 토건사업(construction work)

Historic around DONDAMUN? lol What about DOOTA and many ugly shopping center? Is it harmonised with historic?

If someone accused DDP as stupid ugly design then he must accused others shopping center too base on same logic.

WingWing liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; March 20th, 2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old March 20th, 2014, 07:43 PM   #156
aquaticko

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

I don;t need those article Because I already finished those article ton of thousand from korean news paper.

Even ZAHADI ZAHA express angry about RUDENESS korean reporter's continue question accused against DDP's design. I'm so shy
What a hypocritical of SK people is they assumed all project as disaster or ugly 토건사업(construction work)

Historic around DONDAMUN? lol What about DOOTA and many ugly shopping center? Is it harmonised with historic?

If someone accused DDP as stupid ugly design then he must accused others shopping center too base on same logic.
Someone can think that both Doota and DDP are ugly, and think that neither one works well with Seoul's urban design.

The tough thing about building things in a country that developed as quickly as South Korea did, and especially about building in Seoul, which was basically leveled in the Korean War, is that there was a huge rush to build things quickly and cheaply in the city, which meant that not a lot of attention was paid to design up until maybe the last decade or two. There are a lot of areas of Seoul that are hard to call pretty, and only because "pretty" isn't a really important consideration when you're trying to house and service a population which grew from a little more than a million to more than 10 million in just a few decades.

But that doesn't mean that everything that's old or unattractive should be destroyed and some new designer project should be built instead. Just as in Yongsan, there are people who live in every part of Seoul that will be pushed out because their demands aren't accommodated, and are poor enough that they really do need to be paid what they're asking for. And because a lot of very wealthy and upper-middle class Koreans seem to be interested in flashy projects that dominate everything around them, there's no interest in figuring out how to make what's new compliment and enhance the appearance of what's old and maybe a bit shabby, nor on improving the lives of those less fortunate than them, who may be negatively effected by a development.

Inno, I think it's a different mindset between people who are for and against things like DDP and the Yongsan IBD. People who are for those kinds of project think that Seoul is a mess, and that there's no way to fix what's already there, but instead the city needs to start from scratch. You just can't do that in a living city with over 1000 years of history. Where are all the Korean-designed projects that reflect some of the country's historical architecture or urban patterns? Where are the buildings that compliment their surroundings and fit with Seoul's lush and dramatic geography?

The difference in mindset is reflected in the political groupings of South Korea. The conservative people want to return to the 1970's and '80's, when Seoul was booming and huge structures could be built that people knew would be used because the country was still very quickly growing. I'm sure you know that, through things like the Sampoong Department Store collapse and Seongsu Bridge collapse, that that mindset is dangerous, and you shouldn't just pay attention to how big and fancy and new something is. You need to pay attention to how it improves the lives of the people around it. It's the difference between focusing on economic growth and economic democratization.

I know that you don't like Park Won-soon, but if you really want to improve Seoul, and show the world how great it is (and it is great), you need to learn to work with people with different viewpoints from your own, particularly when they probably point the way to the country's future.

I can't say it enough: South Korea needs to focus on quality of living now, much more than anything else. And that includes finding ways to make sure new building projects enhance their surroundings, instead of just leveling them.

WingWing, inno4321 liked this post
Old March 20th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #157
inno4321

Quote:

this is your link. But is it a coincidence? which DDP is ugly design said guy is SEOUL MAYOR.

Another mayor candidate say "
"(wonsung had been) predecessor's all project to stop&cancelled. and suddenly he advertise DDP project as his own achievement.

aquaticko I admit you are very expert about SK. I respect your enthusiasm
but you don't know about won sung's dictatorship and seoul situation.

-plus more you emphasize on welfare agenda.
But u know? my home town most poor district among all seoul area(geumcheongu)

Me and my neighborhood much more interesting about seoul's future.

But most big problem is not welfare but balance develop in whole seoul city.
gangnam is develop and rich district but my home town slum.
IT SAME case in manila city.(seoul divided as two part such like the manila divided as makati&alabang(rich area) and other slum distict.
welfare came from tax, tax came from company company came from infrastructure and arranged city.

but that guy(wonsung) only plant rice in my home town for 2 years!!!

WingWing liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; March 20th, 2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old March 20th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #158
aquaticko

I'm not trying to defend whatever Mayor Park did or didn't do. If he's really concerned about equality and the welfare of the city, and he doesn't actually do anything to fix that, then clearly, he hasn't been a good mayor.

The point of me linking that article was to prove a different point: it seems like a lot of the enthusiasm you and others on here have for big development projects is just over the fact that they are big and fancy. If DDP actually improves the experience of Dongdaemun and the quality of life of the people around it, then that's great. Same thing with the development of the Yongsan IBD. But I know that, historically, a lot of real estate developers will do whatever they need to in order to build a project--make it look fancy, forcibly kick out the residents of an area that's going to be developed, pay of local bureaucrats, etc. They don't care about the well-being of the city, they just want profit and growth.

That was my point in bringing up the conservative political attitude. Especially the older generation of Koreans seem to just want economic growth, they don't care about making sure the growth is fair or actually good for Korean citizens because they assume that growth for anyone is good for everyone: the saying in English (I don't know if you've heard it) is "a rising tide lifts all boats". But that's not at all true. You need to make an effort to have economic growth improve the lives of all people; the big wealth gap between people in Seoul is proof of that.

Economic growth includes things like big construction projects; that means they may or may not help improve the lives of everyone. It's a shame that Mayor Park didn't make more of an effort to help everyone in your district, and the poorer areas of Seoul, and seemed to think just doing things like planting rice would help (which is definitely stupid in a country as wealthy as South Korea). But he's not always wrong in being anti-development, it's just his efforts were misplaced. The efforts at development should've been directed to things like improving fire safety, transportation connections, access to electricity and city water systems, providing healthcare, parks, vouchers for heating so poor people in the city can afford to heat their homes, higher quality commieblock apartments....all of that and more.

At the same time, while you should expect a mayor to help and not hurt the city, big projects don't always do it; even Mayor Oh Se-hoon's projects didn't actually do much to help the city, and he had a lot of big ones. Ultimately, it's a social change that Korea needs, like I've said before. Don't try to develop big flashy projects and expect it to make things better. That's what PSY's Gangnam Style was about: don't focus on material improvements alone in trying to make things better. It's definitely true that some areas need real development, or at least improvement, like Junggye-dong and Gaepo-dong, too, but that doesn't necessarily mean big projects for the construction companies, especially when big projects means kicking people out of their homes.

All I'm saying is you should be more balanced in your view of development, and what development really means. I'm not saying that DDP is a bad project, as it may be great if a lot of people go to it for shopping and everything. I'm also not sure Mayor Park has done a good job, but his heart is in the right place, but you should hope that the new mayor has the same concern for developmental equality as he does, and does a better job at making it happen.

Last edited by aquaticko; March 21st, 2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old March 20th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #159
super_skyscrapersami
super_skyscrapersami

Likes (Received): 1

Wow! Love the modern feel of it. Very great spherical design. Love it, prefer it to the copious commercial buildings you see in Seoul! (No offence)

inno4321 liked this post
super_skyscrapersami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 11:45 AM   #160
inno4321

http://blog.naver.com/spacepirate8?R...No=60211453705

http://www.ajunews.com/view/20140321171411618

Quote:
I'm also not sure Mayor Park has done a good job, but his heart is in the right place,
Mayor Park's heart is in the right place? Are you sure?
As you link above article park accused DDP as "UGLY" DESIGN
BUT LOOK AT TODAY HIS OFFICIAL WORDING in OFFICIAL DDP OPENING CEREMONY
"Though $5 billion invest on DDP but DDP will make a $ 130 billions after 20 years in economic profit!
DDP this spaceship building make a NEW GREAT ERA FOR NEW HARMONIZE!!"
What a
"blow hot and cold" man he is.

How can "right place heart man" changed his opinion about DDP immediately?
Is he disciple PETER?

WingWing, humptydumpty7 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; March 21st, 2014 at 11:50 AM.