|November 20th, 2008, 05:41 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Likes (Received): 10
Miami By The Numbers:
Population: 409,000 ( city ); 5.4 million ( metropolitan )
Elevation: 11 ft / 3 m
Average Winter Temperatures: 60-75°F / 15-24°C
Average Summer Temperatures: 80-90°F / 29-32°C
Average Annual Rainfall: 56 in / 142 cm
Average days of sunshine: 250
Amount of golf courses in Florida: over 1,200
Major Industries: Tourism, International Trade, Software
Electricity: 110 volts
Time Zone: GMT-5
Country dialing code: +1
Area Codes: 305 and 786
Did You Know?
Miami is the only United States city to be planned by a woman, Julia Tuttle.
Benjamin Green, a Miami Beach pharmacist, invented the first suntan lotion by cooking cocoa butter on a stove in 1944.
It is also the only city bordering two national parks: Everglades and Biscayne.
Miami is an international banking and finance center and has the greatest concentration of international and Edge Act banks (banks making only foreign loans and deposits) in North America; these constitute a major employment base. Greater Miami has a highly diversified economy with numerous multinational and Fortune 500 companies. It is a national leader in biomedical technology, and the health care sector is a major industry. Greater Miami is also part of an area known as the Computer Coast of Florida, and its growing technologies include computers, electrical engineering, and plastics manufacturing.
Miami is one of the world's leading year-round resort centers. The city is a major transportation hub, and the port of Miami is the world's largest cruise port and a major seaport for cargo. The famous island resort of Miami Beach, incorporated in 1915, is connected to Miami by four causeways.
Real Estate Facts
Real estate activities, construction related or marketing and selling realted constitute an important part of the local economy. This incredible real estate growth for the past 5 years is a testimonial of the emergence of Miami as a top wordldwide city, along with New York , Los Angeles , Paris , London , Moscow or Tokyo . Real estate prices have increased more than 100% for the past 5 years. Yet it still probably of the cheapest big city, very far away behind all others. It is probably also one of the cheapest resort destination, much cheaper than Cannes or Saint Tropez in France or Portofino in Italy, or of course Monaco.
This real estate expansion was accompanied by a strong migratory influx from northern states, Latin America and europe . It is estimated that every day 1000 people are moving in Florida . Furthermore with 85 million tourists coming every year in Florida , a large number of those decided to acquire a 2d, 3rd of 4 th home in Miami . This impressive data stimulated the miami real estate market and host of local developers joined by domestic as well as international developers started new real estate projects that reshaped the Miami skyline.Some interesting statistics on Miami:
- Cruise ship capital of the world: 3,112,355 passengers in 1999.
- Third largest U.S. airport for international passengers.
- Financial Capital of Latin America and the Caribbean:
- 38 State licensed foreign bank agencies with $12.5 billion in deposits
- 13 Edge Act banks with $7 billion in deposits
- 59 Commercial banks and 11 thrift institutions with 38.8 billion in deposits
- More than 500 multinational corporations
- 61 foreign consulate offices
- 25 foreign trade offices
- 40 bi-national chambers of commerce
- Average daily winter temperature: 67 degrees (January)
- The coldest months are December through February (61 - 77 degrees)
- Average daily summer temperature: 82 degrees (July)
- The warmest months are July and August when the temperature ranges from 76 - 91 degrees
- Population: 2,253,362
- Registered drivers: 1.598,322
- Registered cars: 1,290,001
- Registered voters: 817,628
- Registered boats: 53,290
- Hotels: 277 with 35,196 rooms
- Motels: 189 with 11,937 rooms
- Broadcast Television Stations: 13
- AM Radio Stations: 15
- FM Radio Stations: 19
|November 20th, 2008, 06:06 PM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lima,pe/los angeles,ca/fort lauderdale,fl
Likes (Received): 5
but let me ask you this..
the metropolitan area population (5.4m) is just dade county.. or (wpb-br-dade)??
desde cuando en el Peru dicen: pone', grande,joda, aguanteeee......y despues q ?, " tomaremos mate?
ssc deberia tener su propio uploader de fotos.
incascrapers= medianeras y nubeluz.
"mas buscad primeramente el reino de Dios y su sabiduria y lo demas vendra por añadidura"...mateo 6:33