daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Photography, Heritage and Architecture

Photography, Heritage and Architecture Participate in the FPC, the weekly Filipino Photo Contest

View Poll Results: ..
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #61
ishtefh_03

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askal82

What a big mess!
naku kelangan ayusin yang mga lines, baka magkaroon pa ng short circuit dyan...
ishtefh_03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #62
ishtefh_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askal82

What a big mess!
naku kelangan ayusin yang mga lines, baka magkaroon pa ng short circuit dyan...
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #63
manileņo
i am megi

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboy
I'm a member Steph.

Ms. Roz Li, a volunteer based in NYC mentioned that UST should also have its own HCS chapter.

Hello Jepoy! Great job on this thread. So what exactly do you do at HCS? Take pics and do reports for LGUs? Does it have a website? Also, this Li is based abroad, does that mean expats can join too? And what/how can we contribute?
manileņo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #64
manileņo
i am megi

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
I'm a member Steph.

Ms. Roz Li, a volunteer based in NYC mentioned that UST should also have its own HCS chapter.

Hello Jepoy! Great job on this thread. So what exactly do you do at HCS? Take pics and do reports for LGUs? Does it have a website? Also, this Li is based abroad, does that mean expats can join too? And what/how can we contribute?
manileņo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #65
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtefh_03
well, ung Multi level parking in front of UST is more like a modern structure to me, di sya mukhang ni match sa main building... and also the new building being build in front of USt library, ung student center, modern na ung dating nya, tinakpan pa ung view ng USt library from dapitan...

the Student Center is being built on the old Coop lot right?... it will be 3 or 5 storeys tall right?... is it finished already?... UST had planned that since 1999... to have the cooperative canteen still at the ground floor with student areas on upper levels...

UST even had a plan of buildng an underground parking beneath the football field of the Eng'g complex.. they are 2 of 4 projects by Fr. Pinto.. the other two is completing the 10storey Beato Angelico Bldg and the renovation of the UST Health Center (that buildng between Main Bldg and Hospital across Security Bank)... this was discussed to us when I attended the seminar for leaders of all organizations of UST...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #66
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Quote:
well, ung Multi level parking in front of UST is more like a modern structure to me, di sya mukhang ni match sa main building... and also the new building being build in front of USt library, ung student center, modern na ung dating nya, tinakpan pa ung view ng USt library from dapitan...

the Student Center is being built on the old Coop lot right?... it will be 3 or 5 storeys tall right?... is it finished already?... UST had planned that since 1999... to have the cooperative canteen still at the ground floor with student areas on upper levels...

UST even had a plan of buildng an underground parking beneath the football field of the Eng'g complex.. they are 2 of 4 projects by Fr. Pinto.. the other two is completing the 10storey Beato Angelico Bldg and the renovation of the UST Health Center (that buildng between Main Bldg and Hospital across Security Bank)... this was discussed to us when I attended the seminar for leaders of all organizations of UST...
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #67
Wonderboy
a.k.a Escolta Kid

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by manileņo
Hey there Juan! I'm a only a student member of HCS but I volunteered to take pictures and send out reports to HCS secretariat and HCS yahoogroups. It's a tedious task really since it's only a one-man team.

Unfortunately HCS website is still under construction. In the meantime, you can register to HCS yahoogroups. Just visit yahoo groups and search for Heritage Conservation Society.

I met Ms. Roz Li during the San Miguel tour and she said that she's a member of a heritage conservation group based in NYC. Sorry for the confusion. Ms. Li isn't a member of HCS Phils. but her group in NYC would soon coordinate with HCS here in Manila for future projects and activities. I can send her e-mail address in case you want to get in touch with her.
Wonderboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #68
Wonderboy
a.k.a Escolta Kid

Quote:
Hey there Juan! I'm a only a student member of HCS but I volunteered to take pictures and send out reports to HCS secretariat and HCS yahoogroups. It's a tedious task really since it's only a one-man team.

Unfortunately HCS website is still under construction. In the meantime, you can register to HCS yahoogroups. Just visit yahoo groups and search for Heritage Conservation Society.

I met Ms. Roz Li during the San Miguel tour and she said that she's a member of a heritage conservation group based in NYC. Sorry for the confusion. Ms. Li isn't a member of HCS Phils. but her group in NYC would soon coordinate with HCS here in Manila for future projects and activities. I can send her e-mail address in case you want to get in touch with her.
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:55 AM   #69
Wonderboy
a.k.a Escolta Kid

Quote:
And what/how can we contribute?
Thanks again Juan for bringing up the question.

For those who would like to report any heritage sites within the Philippine archipelago that are "endangered," you may post pictures/captions on this thread and I will send the link via e-mail to HCS and other government agencies responsible for protecting our heritage sites. I will also take the time for make a follow-up call if needed and coordinate with the HCS secretariat.

Articles/ photos/ weblinks related to heritage conservation can also be posted on this thread.

For those who would like to report a heritage site in danger but would like to remain anonymous, you may send me a private message.

Last edited by Wonderboy; March 17th, 2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:55 AM   #70
Wonderboy
a.k.a Escolta Kid

Quote:
And what/how can we contribute?

For those who would like to report any heritage sites within the Philippine archipelago that are "endangered," you may post pictures/captions on this thread and I will send the link via e-mail to HCS and other government agencies responsible for protecting our heritage sites. I will also take the time for make a follow-up call if needed and coordinate with the HCS secretariat.

Articles/ photos/ weblinks related to heritage conservation can also be posted on this thread.

For those who would like to report a heritage site in danger but would like to remain anonymous, you may send me a private message.
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #71
ishtefh_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1

nope, it not in the old coop lot, actually nung una dun sya talaga pero di na tinuloy because pag nag excavate daw sila dun baka maapectuhan ang main building kaya ayun na punta sa my harap ng library at sinira ung park at tinanggal ung statue ng nine martyrs!!! kaya ngayon madaming naghahanap kung asan na ung nine martyrs???

well, most of those plan is being build or done na like the beato building but they didn't make it to 10 storey, only 8 storey kase pag 10 mas mataas na daw sa main building yun eh di daw pwede yun, then ung sa hospital ginagawa na ngayon ung side nya which serves as a cancer institute... yun naman underground parking, di siguro na gagawin kase my multi level parking na...

yun ang nakakatakot sa USt na wawala na ung mga dapat i conserve... tinanggal pa ung nine martyrs...
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #72
ishtefh_03

Quote:

nope, it not in the old coop lot, actually nung una dun sya talaga pero di na tinuloy because pag nag excavate daw sila dun baka maapectuhan ang main building kaya ayun na punta sa my harap ng library at sinira ung park at tinanggal ung statue ng nine martyrs!!! kaya ngayon madaming naghahanap kung asan na ung nine martyrs???

well, most of those plan is being build or done na like the beato building but they didn't make it to 10 storey, only 8 storey kase pag 10 mas mataas na daw sa main building yun eh di daw pwede yun, then ung sa hospital ginagawa na ngayon ung side nya which serves as a cancer institute... yun naman underground parking, di siguro na gagawin kase my multi level parking na...

yun ang nakakatakot sa USt na wawala na ung mga dapat i conserve... tinanggal pa ung nine martyrs...
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #73
ishtefh_03

Quote:

For those who would like to report a heritage site in danger but would like to remain anonymous, you may send me a private message (via SSC) or through my e-mail address at jeffreypyap@yahoo.com.
so, if ever i'll post or report any site, they will do something about it???
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #74
ishtefh_03

Quote:

For those who would like to report a heritage site in danger but would like to remain anonymous, you may send me a private message (via SSC) or through my e-mail address at jeffreypyap@yahoo.com.
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #75
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

HAA!!!!.. they removed the 9 martyrs!!!... dun pala yun... that structure would really block the Library's view... nyak.... all the while I thought they'd build that on Coop...so the UST Health building is being renovated now...

and about the underground parking... back in 1999, the multivel parking already existed... they just added one level now right... well.. they may still not proceed with it because of the possibility of floods..
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #76
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

HAA!!!!.. they removed the 9 martyrs!!!... dun pala yun... that structure would really block the Library's view... nyak.... all the while I thought they'd build that on Coop...so the UST Health building is being renovated now...

and about the underground parking... back in 1999, the multivel parking already existed... they just added one level now right... well.. they may still not proceed with it because of the possibility of floods..
Old March 8th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #77
ishtefh_03

Quote:

yep, dun tinayo ang it blocks the library, 5 storey sya eh so takpan rin ang lib.. actually hindi ung ust health building, mismong front right side ng hospital ang ginagawa if your facing in front of the hospital...

then ung coop na giniba, gagawin atang open theater na lang...
Old March 8th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #78
ishtefh_03

Quote:

yep, dun tinayo ang it blocks the library, 5 storey sya eh so takpan rin ang lib.. actually hindi ung ust health building, mismong front right side ng hospital ang ginagawa if your facing in front of the hospital...

then ung coop na giniba, gagawin atang open theater na lang...
Old March 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #79
Wonderboy
a.k.a Escolta Kid

Quote:
Reporting an endangered heritage site is like blowing the whistle. This is just the first step. The thing with gov't agencies is that one should start complaining in order for them to act accordingly. Actually, even if one constantly complains, all efforts sometimes remain futile. But my principle regarding this issue is to beat the odds no matter what. I would prefer to roll up the boulder over and over until I reach the peak rather than stay put and do nothing.
Old March 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #80
Wonderboy
a.k.a Escolta Kid

Quote:
Reporting an endangered heritage site is like blowing the whistle. This is just the first step. The thing with gov't agencies is that one should start complaining in order for them to act accordingly. Actually, even if one constantly complains, all efforts sometimes remain futile. But my principle regarding this issue is to beat the odds no matter what. I would prefer to roll up the boulder over and over until I reach the peak rather than stay put and do nothing.