daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #41
adeaide

Likes (Received): 285

adeaide no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:32 AM   #42
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 3353

The 2009 failed redevelopment plan:

www.sercan.de, Alanzeh liked this post

Last edited by RMB2007; February 23rd, 2013 at 12:56 AM.
RMB2007 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #43
JimJamGraphics

Likes (Received): 0

SHEFFIELD - Hillsborough, 1989

Hello.

First of all, apologies if I am posting in the wrong place. I'm new here but hoping that someone can help me out.

I am looking for blueprints/plans of Hillsborough circa 1989. I have got a fairly good plan view but I am missing any elevated views. Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks,
Jamie
JimJamGraphics no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 02:46 AM   #44
RMB2007

If they do take charge, then I hope they spend some money on the stadium. Or build a new one on the Don Valley site.

Quote:
A number of groups have been linked with a takeover, but now a Qatari consortium are understood to be front-runners to gain control at the Championship club.

Football agent Jonathan Hope, who has been fronting the Qatari consortium, has revealed talks are at an advanced stage and hopes a takeover deal will be secured soon.

"The club wanted an investor in terms of a buy-out and I have found a solution," Hope told Sky Sports. "My team have been working endlessly to occupy the requirements set out by Milan Mandaric and find an investor.

"We believe we have now met this and we have agreed a suitable deal which will see the Qatari investors take control of the club and investing substantial amounts in every department to get Sheffield Wednesday back up to the Premier League where they belong and should be.

"I haven't been part of the negotiations, but hopefully the deal will be announced over the next few days and the fans should get excited as this is a very lucrative deal for the club.

"This is a great opportunity for Sheffield Wednesday and we were more than happy to facilitate such a huge deal. I wish them all the best in the future and know there long term plans are in the hands of the right people."
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...OxWOxZv30iK8XA
Old April 25th, 2014, 08:30 AM   #45
5portsF4n

Likes (Received): 327

People may or may not want to watch this, but ESPN's 30 for 30 recently aired a Hillsborough episode. It is graphic, and may not be for everyone.

Full doc

Or if you want to watch in smaller 15m video chunks, episode 1 (then follow links)

Ladiesman020 liked this post
5portsF4n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #46
RMB2007

New owner confirmed, quickly followed by rumours that he wants to redevelop the ground. Hopefully a rumour that turns out to be true, 'cause the stadium deserves some upgrading, especially a new Leppings Lane End. Previous plans:

Last edited by RMB2007; June 11th, 2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old June 11th, 2014, 08:56 AM   #47
Lumbergo

Likes (Received): 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5portsF4n View Post
People may or may not want to watch this, but ESPN's 30 for 30 recently aired a Hillsborough episode. It is graphic, and may not be for everyone.
vids no longer work but I watched it on Netflix recently - was very well done.
Lumbergo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #48
Pennypacker

Likes (Received): 111

Looking at those plans it's no wonder England failed in their 2018 bid. What a jumbled mess.
Pennypacker está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #49
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
Why on earth would they pursue the renovation but then have seats in the corner that don't turn toward the stadium? (in left of the picture) Seems incredibly cheap in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
Looking at those plans it's no wonder England failed in their 2018 bid. What a jumbled mess.
Bit of a stretch, that, seeing as there wasn't even a guarantee Sheffield would be a host city.
Old June 12th, 2014, 05:11 AM   #50
ObiUbamba

Likes (Received): 15

Wednesday deserve a redeveloped stadium, considering they are on of the best supported clubs in the Football League. Not too sure about those renderings though..
ObiUbamba no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
sheffield