daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Sri Lanka > Construction Projects

Construction Projects Updating construction projects be it proposed, u/c or completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #21
jimpappa

Likes (Received): 7

I saw some construction (probably piling) in the project site when I passed battaramulla last week. So lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it's not another celestial or a dawson grand
jimpappa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 9th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #22
pathum1986

Likes (Received): 369

good to hear some progress
pathum1986 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #23
Shakeel

Likes (Received): 47

Are you for real this Indian project is getting into action or just another Ocean View. What about the project, Diamond Towers or something in front of St Joseph College.
Shakeel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #24
dayt0na

Likes (Received): 0

So is this building under Construction or On hold?...Wikipedia says under construction and the Google maps look pretty out-dated.

If the Constructors manage to pull it off, this building would do a great deal in transforming the surrounding areas in the vicinity and need not mention the view would be nothing short of spectacular especially with the diyawanna oya and waters edge golf course in the back drop.
dayt0na no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:40 PM   #25
dayt0na

Passed the site today, looks like construction work is finally under-way.
Old January 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM   #26
Shakeel

Any Pix

Thanks for the update. Is it possible to take some snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayt0na View Post
Passed the site today, looks like construction work is finally under-way.
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #27
dayt0na

Will Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeel View Post
Thanks for the update. Is it possible to take some snaps.
Will Do as Soon as possible
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #28
galtb

Likes (Received): 34

Anyone got snaps.............??? At least pilling works ??
galtb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #29
tallbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by galtb View Post
Anyone got snaps.............??? At least pilling works ??
The piling work you guys have seen is at the adjoining site, which is the new Attorney General's office.
tallbuilder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #30
Sohan G

Likes (Received): 4

Guys (and gals) I have some exciting although unconfirmed (rather unconfirmable) news. I went to Water's Edge on Friday and I could see plenty of cranes and people working right across on the Suchirneb site, next to the new Auditor General's building there. And I could clearly see a hoarding on the site with the initial proposed building design we saw when they launched the project. (the two towers with one having the soaring pointy bits) Does anyone know what is happening there though? Are those old hoardings and they are building something else altogether or are they actually building the initially stalled Suchirneb project as planned? (and if the second is true, what will happen with regards to the proposed MRT, which was connected to this project) Questions, questions, with no one to answer them! (and with nothing new on the www.Suchirneb.lk website either)
Sohan G no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #31
jimpappa

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohan G View Post
Guys (and gals) I have some exciting although unconfirmed (rather unconfirmable) news. I went to Water's Edge on Friday and I could see plenty of cranes and people working right across on the Suchirneb site, next to the new Auditor General's building there. And I could clearly see a hoarding on the site with the initial proposed building design we saw when they launched the project. (the two towers with one having the soaring pointy bits) Does anyone know what is happening there though? Are those old hoardings and they are building something else altogether or are they actually building the initially stalled Suchirneb project as planned? (and if the second is true, what will happen with regards to the proposed MRT, which was connected to this project) Questions, questions, with no one to answer them! (and with nothing new on the www.Suchirneb.lk website either)
can you just go and ask one of the workers if possible?? That would be the best way!!
jimpappa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #32
saraprobe

Likes (Received): 287

Quote:
Perhaps this??????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraprobe View Post

Secretary Defence and Urban Development Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa graced the occasion of the foundation stone laying ceremony for the Secretariat of Personal Identification at Battaramulla today (5th July).

Hon. Speaker of the Parliament, Chamal Rajapaksa, upon the invitation of Secretary Defence laid the foundation stone at the auspicious moment.

The new building constructed on the direction of His Excellency the President Mahinda Rajapaksa as a part of the ‘Mahinda Chintanaya’ programme. The 20 storied office complex will house the Department of Immigration and Emigration and the Department of Registration of Persons. The 700,000 sq feet building complex will include state of the art security system, automatic building management system, public address facility, internal CCTV, and cutting edge fire fighting and control system.

Once completed the Department of Immigration and Emigration and the Department of Registration of Persons will be allocated seven and five floors respectively. The remaining floors will be occupied by the Ministry of Defence and Urban Development.

The Rupees 7.5 billion project will include many modern amenities such as a four storied car park, a post office, banks, cafeterias and toilets for the benefit of the public. Much care was taken to cater to the needs of people with special needs during the planning stages. Work on the construction is expected to be completed within three years.

The main aim of the project is to provide the public with an efficient service in the shortest possible time. The general public would be able to obtain passports and national identity cards without hassle under one roof.

A large number of distinguished guests including Chairman, Urban Development Authority Nimal Perera, Additional Secretary Ministry Of Defence S. Hettiarachchi Military Liaisons Officer of the Ministry of Defence Major General (Rtd) Palitha Fernando, Additional Secretary (Technical) Rohan Senevirathna, Controller General of Immigration and Emigration CB Chulananda Perera, Commissioner General of Registration of Persons Jagath Wijeweera, Harsha De Silva of International Construction Consortium (Pvt) Ltd and Suranjith De Silva of Design Group Five International (Pvt) Ltd were present at the occasion.

Defence
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #33
Sohan G

Saraprobe, I went through the videos and pics of the Department of Immigration and Emigration, and judging by its position relative to the old and new Sethsiripaya buildings in those videos and photos, it seems rather unlikely that this is the building being built on the piece of land which was planned to be used for Suchirneb project. (the perspectives in those vids and photos do not tally with the perspectives this building would have had if it is placed on that piece of land) However I could be wrong about this. Unfortunately I have no events to attend at Water's edge in the foreseeable future, and it is completely out of the way for me to just go there to see the site!
Old August 19th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #34
raji j

Likes (Received): 126

sohan G, the cranes and site activities you saw were not belong to the Suchirneb site. that is new building for the Department of Census and Statistics right side to the Suchirneb site and in front of the new attorney general building. but no ground work in Suchirneb site yet.
here isa link http://www.statistics.gov.lk/STATCAP...0the%20DCS.pdf .
raji j no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:08 PM   #35
Sohan G

Thanks Raji J for the info. I saw the old hoarding with the rendering of the Suchirneb building inside the site and that was the reason for my mistake. Interestingly in the environmental impact report for the Dept. of Census and Statistics building (which I found on their website) the building location they have indicated is a bit confusing. One rather crude map shows an area approximately adjacent to the Suchirneb site, while the report also has a screen grab from Google maps, where the site is more to the West (very much away from the Suchirneb site) Don't know what to make of that! Unfortunately the appendix of the report with the detailed building plans was not made available on the web. (I suppose that is a good thing!) How did you find about that they are building the Census and Statistics dept. building on the site Raji J?

Well, anyway, too bad about that, but I have to say the Water's Edge and Parliament area is really really nice now.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #36
raji j

Likes (Received): 126

Sohan G.. one of my friend is living in polduwa road. so when i going there i usually by pass those sites. in fact when i 1st saw those cranes i also thought that they had commenced the Suchirneb project. but that's not the case. ill post some pics next time i go there.
raji j no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:12 PM   #37
Shakeel

I doubt this project will ever kick off. The land should be sold off to another bidder or prospective buyers to reap max benefit.
Old August 26th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #38
Sohan G

Thanks Raji J

Quote:
Originally Posted by raji j View Post
Sohan G.. one of my friend is living in polduwa road. so when i going there i usually by pass those sites. in fact when i 1st saw those cranes i also thought that they had commenced the Suchirneb project. but that's not the case. ill post some pics next time i go there.
Thanks Raji J for the info. Otherwise I would have given everyone false hopes! Anyhow whatever said and done, Sri Lanka is changing fast, and while all of it maybe not in a good direction, one must appreciate what is being done in terms of improvements in infrastructure and physical environment.
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #39
alabonda1

Likes (Received): 265

this is not either of tow

Quote:
Thanks Raji J for the info. Otherwise I would have given everyone false hopes! Anyhow whatever said and done, Sri Lanka is changing fast, and while all of it maybe not in a good direction, one must appreciate what is being done in terms of improvements in infrastructure and physical environment.
Guys
this is not what you thought this is a ten story building for department of cenues and statictics of sri lanka if you visit to their web you all will see the photos of counstuction
alabonda1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #40
alabonda1

Likes (Received): 265

worng building

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraprobe View Post
Perhaps this??????????????
Above building is buildin at battharamulla behaind arpico you can see the site and its constructing by icc . You will see thire crains on site
alabonda1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote