daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 1st, 2008, 03:43 PM   #1
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17790

HONG KONG | 39 Conduit Road | 40 fl | Com

39 Conduit Road
http://www.hld.com/construction/21_c39.html

No. 39 Conduit Road located at Mid-Level West backed by lush green hills. The building comprises 40 floors including the podium offering 66 residential units over 3,000 sq.ft. each with panoramic Victoria Harbour views. This rare new deluxe residence for the district also boasts 10-minute swift access to Central.

4/9/2007

11/17/2007

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:35 PM   #2
hkskyline
Hong Kong

$1.28b deal for Lee trust land
10 June 2008
Hong Kong Standard
English
Copyright 2008 The Standard Newspapers Publishing Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Henderson Land (0012), controlled by tycoon Lee Shau-kee, said yesterday it will pay HK$1.28 billion to buy land in both Sha Tin and Mid- Levels for residential development.

The developer said it will buy a 100 percent interest in Sha Tin Town Lot No 539 and a 60 percent interest in No 3 Conduit Road, both of which are owned by Lee's family trust.

``The Sha Tin development is a proposed residential development with an estiamted gross floor area of approximately 358,048 square feet,'' the developer said. It will comprise six blocks of residential buildings, two high-rise and four low-rise, with parking and other facilities.

In the deal, companies controlled by Lee's trust guarantee the gross sale price of the Sha Tin development at no less than HK$3.27 billion.

A statement Henderson filed with the stock exchange said: ``[If] the gross sale price ... falls short of the aforementioned guaranteed amount, Furnline and Perfect Bright [companies owned by Lee's trust] shall jointly and severally be liable to pay to Kamston [a company owned by Henderson] the amount equal to such shortfall.''

The Conduit Road development has a gross floor area of about 229,225 sq ft, comprising a 46-story residential building which includes a one-story clubhouse and a six-story podium carpark. Both projects are expected to be completed in 2009.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 03:33 AM   #3
spire1000
watchin you from above...

Likes (Received): 0

hmmm. weird

always here for help
spire1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #4
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Sept. 2007 Aerial

See construction near top right.

Old December 8th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #5
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Notice the crane?

11/30/2008

Old December 12th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Dan Hochhaus
highrise addicted

Likes (Received): 35

...and notice the moon

This tower is a dark horse to me for a while. At least there's some info about it now - thanks for opening a thread.
But why did 39 Conduit Road rise up quickly in 2007 and hasn't been finished on the outside since then? Has it been on hold for a while?
These two pics are actually on the developers' website - no idea, if they're recent:

It's strange that E Man Construction only name 40 storeys; the 46 floors from the Hongkong Standard seem way more likely (Emporis indicates 45 floors).
I'd even give it some more - watch the impact on the following great pano shot from December 9, 2008, posted by Skybean in the ICC thread.
Although located on a slope, it's hard to believe that this shouldn't be a +50-floors residential tower.
In the background, 39 Conduit Road rises darkly over the surrounding towers between the Peak and the Centre:
image hosted on flickr

The top looks at almost 300m above sea level, and the only question is the ground level above sea - maybe 100m, or a bit higher?
Then this tower might have 150m-200m. In any case, this could be the tallest u/c-building on the Hk island right now.

Last edited by Dan Hochhaus; December 12th, 2008 at 08:16 PM.
Dan Hochhaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #7
_00_deathscar

Likes (Received): 217

Good point - I pointed out in the ICC construction thread that it's making an impact on the skyline - didn't realise it's because it looks to be about 300m above sea-level!

For it to be 200m in height though, it'd have to be at least 60+ stories, which I very much doubt it is.

The construction site says it's 40 floors INCLUDING podium, which is very odd.

Seeing as it's a luxury development, perhaps the ceiling is a bit higher than normal apartment blocks, but still not enough to alter its height considerably?

On another note, there is another tall(ish) development that has received no coverage. It's out in Wan Chai on Hennessey Road (not too far from 298). It's a single luxury residential (or service apartment) block, but the name escapes me. It's about 40 stories in height too.
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:06 AM   #8
Itarilde

Likes (Received): 1

In fact renderings of this project are available in this website:
http://www.dln.com.hk/
(Project > Living > The one at the 3rd column of the 2nd row)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Originally (about 3 or 4 months ago) in the "Project Description" it mentioned that the tower is 181 metres tall. It disappeared afterwards, whether suggesting a change in design or something relating to disclosure of information I could not tell.

-

In fact there are a lot of proposed projects in the same website, with the most curious one the debatable Swire Seymour Road project which would be 210.93 metres tall in that design. I have compiled some of them in a thread in the Chinese forum of skyscrapers.cn.
Itarilde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #9
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itarilde View Post
In fact there are a lot of proposed projects in the same website, with the most curious one the debatable Swire Seymour Road project which would be 210.93 metres tall in that design. I have compiled some of them in a thread in the Chinese forum of skyscrapers.cn.

Thanks. I recently created a thread for Swire's Seymour Road project here as well :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=763060
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #10
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Thanks for the renderings. It's a little bit better than a typical flat. There's more glass on this development.
Old December 14th, 2008, 04:29 AM   #11
_00_deathscar

It looks like a Branksome Crest B.
Old December 14th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #12
hkskyline
Hong Kong

The back looks like a public housing project though!

Old December 14th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #13
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Yeah it does. Looks like they cheaped out on the side that not as many people would see. The front side is glassy while the back is just a huge wall. The base is alright.
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #14
Itarilde

Likes (Received): 1

A previous rendering of the project:
Itarilde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #15
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Two weeks back
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #16
spicytimothy
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...

Likes (Received): 7

Why does it seem so frigging tall it's over 40 floors right? Is it based higher up than the buildings nearby?
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #17
_00_deathscar

It does look HUGE doesn't it?

The podium + carpark itself look good for about 10 floors.
Old December 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #18
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

I am just guessing...
The podium probably includes a club house and multi-level carpark.
This mid-level, whoever lives there are rich and are going to have a car for sure these days. The parking space needed for now per unit is probably much higher than those buildings built back then in the surrounding.
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:27 PM   #19
ricz

Likes (Received): 4

well I live 2 buildings away from this one, I've seen the site since it was an old apartment building called "Rocky Mountain", the site is actually a huge slope as I recall so maybe on the frontal side alot of it is just wall building up to the podium and the buidling is being measured from the very bottom which could explain why it seems like it should be a taller building.

I'm really excited to see it being fnished as I've been lookin forward to it since the first day of construction and I see it growing everytime I come back to Hong kong and now the scaffolding are being taken down and I can't wait to see the showflats
Tokyo
all the way
ricz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:04 PM   #20
_00_deathscar

Rich bastard.