daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

[MD] Moldova | road infrastructure

I'm really interested aboyt roads and developments in this country, according to certain web site, some of motorway A1 between Sângera and Chişinău exists. Any pix or news from there ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM   #2
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

- edit

Last edited by TIDE; February 23rd, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
Timon91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM   #3
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

O...k...

I think there are some pictures in polish sub forum showing some main roads, 2X2 or 1X6 but they are in poor condition

Some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP View Post
Watek odswiezony, czekamy na zdjecia.
Champion, nie przejmuj sie drogami, nie jest najgorzej.
A z innej beczki, wydawalo mi sie, ze kiedys wrzucilem kilka zdjec z zeszlego lata (2007) z moldawskich drog, a teraz ich nie widze. Nie wiem, czy cos mi sie pomylilo, czy dalem je w innym watku?
W kazdym razie kilka wrzucam teraz.

Droga z Tiraspola (Naddniestrze, oficjalnie czesc Moldawii) do Kiszyniowa.

Srodkowy pas sluzy do wyprzedzania.

Wyjazd z Kiszyniowa na polnoc, czyli w strone Czerniowiec (ew. Czerniowcow) na Ukrainie, jako 1x6:

lub 2x2

Stan nawierzchni drogi glownej nie jest najgorszy, ale juz lacznice na wezlach sa mocno srednie.

Last edited by Mateusz; December 1st, 2008 at 11:18 PM.
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM   #4
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

I found these photos in Flickr..and looking good .
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 12:32 AM   #5
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
A "motorway" in Moldova:

Bigger version
There are a few motorway-like roads in Moldova, but I suppose pavement of all of them is horrible. The longest motorway-like road I see in GE, is south of Chişinău, quite long for Moldova.

PS: it's "Moldovan (motorways and roads)", not "Moldovian".
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 09:29 AM   #6
Timon91
Error

Does Moldova also get EU money for their E-roads?
Old December 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM   #7
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

an interesting quote from wikipedia:

Quote:
Moldova's has the second worst road quality in the World after Chad in Africa according to the World Economic forum despite lots of international assistance and funding from the EU, World Bank and other Western donors.
and a link from where they took it:
http://www.tiraspoltimes.com/node/1529
Old December 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM   #8
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

I doubt that. I can't believe a country with virtually no infrastructure like the DRC or the CAR has better roads than Moldova.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM   #9
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4622

Yes but their could be worst in europe
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 01:58 PM   #10
Need4Weed
Urbani ljakse

Likes (Received): 52

Exactly, they might be among the worst, or actually the worst in Europe, but to compare it with places like Mauritania or Chad would be an exaggeration. The article on Wikipedia quotes the separatist mouthpiece, the Tiraspol Times, and the whole article reeks of hatred towards Moldovans. Now, back on the topic, the only road which could be described as an expressway is the Chisinau-Leuseni (located on the border with Romania) road, a 2x2 dual carriageway with an emergency lane, which is relatively well maintained. Other important roads, linking major cities are also more or less well maintained, but local and rural roads largely fell into disrepair, although situation is gradually improving. I was there in 2004, and I made some photos, just I need to find them
Need4Weed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:05 PM   #11
Need4Weed
Urbani ljakse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Does Moldova also get EU money for their E-roads?
Yes, Moldova does receive some funding from the EU, initially within the framework of TACIS, and now through the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI). Now, what chunk of these handounts is destined to support infrastructure projects, such as roads, that I don't know, but I might ask.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM   #12
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

nice of you for clearing that article... it was pretty exaggerated when comparing to some african nations... i didn't knew that there could be some anti-moldovan propaganda...

btw, any photos of that Chisinau-Leuseni road?
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:43 PM   #13
Need4Weed
Urbani ljakse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
nice of you for clearing that article... it was pretty exaggerated when comparing to some african nations... i didn't knew that there could be some anti-moldovan propaganda...

btw, any photos of that Chisinau-Leuseni road?
Well, I was there in 2004, and since I was not a member of SSC, I couldn't care less for a Moldovan road
However, apparently the road was refurbished in 2007, and some photos are available here: http://www.photo.md/news_info.php?news_id=978&lang=eng
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM   #14
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I doubt that. I can't believe a country with virtually no infrastructure like the DRC or the CAR has better roads than Moldova.
These two countries hardly have roads at all. Two Slovenes went there once by motorbike, and they ruined it all the time... motorbike; imagine going there by car - impossible.

Chris, could you please rename this thread into "Moldovan"? We can't have titles written wrong, we already have that "ultimative" standing out. Thanks.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:10 PM   #15
Timon91
Error

"ultimative" is correct according to the Radictionary

I once read a travel report from someone who visited Moldova by motorbike, and he wrote that it was virtually impossible to drive faster than 50 km/h, because you had to avoid the potholes

And according to The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs it is not recommended to drive after dusk, because of the bad road conditions and the other road users that aren't lit, like horses for example:

Quote:
Reizigers worden ontraden om na zonsondergang over de weg te reizen, gezien de vaak slechte conditie van de wegen en het gevaar van onverlichte weggebruikers (bijv. paard en wagen).
Old December 2nd, 2008, 04:17 PM   #16
Need4Weed
Urbani ljakse

As I said earlier, main roads linking major cities are more or less ok, and I haven't seen cows and horse carts on them. However, village roads are another story. As far as highways are concerned, some sections of a road leading to Chisinau to Tiraspol are very wide, I presume these were designed to serve as auxiliary airstrps by the Soviets. As far as I know, Moldova doesn't need many motorways, since traffic volumes are mostly too low for that. I heard that they plan to make ring bypass motorway around Chisinau, but whether or when they will build it, that I don't know.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM   #17
ABC LV
✖✖✖✖✖✖

Likes (Received): 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
an interesting quote from wikipedia:

and a link from where they took it:
http://www.tiraspoltimes.com/node/1529
"tiraspol times"? This biased page is from moldovan seperatist region Transnistria
They can't be objective!

Moldova during soviet era was quite prosperous region (they received massive investments from centre), their infrastructure is definetly not one of worst in the world or even in Europe. (I believe that infrastructure in countries like fyrom, albania, serbian province of kosovo are even in worst condition.)
ABC LV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:49 PM   #18
Need4Weed
Urbani ljakse

Well, when it comes to infrastructure, the Balkans are actually way ahead of Moldova; Serbia, Macedonia and Albania all have European-like motorways. You have a couple of threads on this topic devoted to highways in our badlands, so you can take a look. As far as Moldova is concerned, during the Soviet era, they were known as the garden of the Soviet Union, but its agriculture-based economy sharply declined after the collapse of the USSR, partialy due to the fact that roughly 40% of their industrial facilities are located in Transnistria (the most notable of these is the Ribnitsa steel mill), and due to the lack of reforms. Futhermore, I visited Transnistria too (officially known as the PMR Pridnyestrovskaya Moldavskaya Respublika), and I didn't notice any difference in comparison with roads in Moldova proper.

Last edited by Need4Weed; December 2nd, 2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:02 PM   #19
Rhemaxos
athanatizon

Likes (Received): 111

Moldova - more news and discussions on economy, industry and investments here
Rhemaxos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM   #20
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

From Flickr: