daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #81
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Those asterisks are there exactly to avoid brigging people. We (except mods?) can't be 100% sure what he wrote, all I see is "******". Case closed.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #82
Buddy Holly
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prishtina, RKS.
Posts: 6,133
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
No, have you seen him?
Were you trying to be funny?
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #83
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12044

It seems Moldova is planning an express road from Chisinau to Giurgulesti port on Danube (near the city of Galati on the map) - roughly the M3 road designated in the map below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post

This road will be very useful because it will draw a lot of traffic from/to A2 in Romania and to the future A5.

The Moldovan Government has announced plans to draw investments worth EUR300 M for that section. This is in addition of about $150 M pledged by the US government in aid for road reconstruction in Moldova. So we might be seeing some developments in Moldova in the coming years as well.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; January 9th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #84
Joejojo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cluj-Napoca
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

That would be great!

If Romania A5 will be u/c and at the same time Moldova will upgrade their road towards Galati, this will improve their economic situation to the better.

I expect to go this year for business to Chisinau and I am curious how this country (and roads) looks like. Are they friendly for Dutch people?

Greetings from Cluj,

Joejojo
Joejojo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #85
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Moldova is inhabited mostly by Romanians, which in general are nice with strangers, so you shouldn't encounter problems from this point of view in Moldova.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #86
Joejojo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cluj-Napoca
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Moldova is inhabited mostly by Romanians, which in general are nice with strangers, so you shouldn't encounter problems from this point of view in Moldova.
I was not that serious. I live for 4 years in RO and most of the people in Romania are friendly to me. No doubt about it Moldovan people would not be friendly to me.

Treat people how u want to be treated....I always say

Noroc!
Joejojo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #87
AlexisMD
Registered User
 
AlexisMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chisinau
Posts: 838
Likes (Received): 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejojo View Post
That would be great!

If Romania A5 will be u/c and at the same time Moldova will upgrade their road towards Galati, this will improve their economic situation to the better.

I expect to go this year for business to Chisinau and I am curious how this country (and roads) looks like. Are they friendly for Dutch people?

Greetings from Cluj,

Joejojo
Yes, we are friendly to everybody, don't worry, we don't bite



-------------
Quote:
The USA Government will allocate $130 million within four years for the rehabilitation of Saratenii Vechi-Soroca highway. Minister of Transport and Roads Anatol Salaru said this in the TV program "The Open Studio".

He said that the financial resources will begin to be transferred from 2011 gradually, as the designing works will begin in 2011".

"At first we planned to allocate more money, but the grant was reduced due to the global financial and economic crisis. This will not be the construction of a new road, but the rehabilitation of the old road", Salary remarked.

Deputy Minister Boris Gherasim communicated that at first several highways were selected: Balti-Criva, Leuseni-Poltava and Sarateni-Soroca
-------------
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #88
senegal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 37
Likes (Received): 1

I have spent a few months in Moldova - I was working there as a volonteur...What I can say about the road infrastructure - it's very "exotic", but in positive way because trust me guys - I used to traveling there in country side and it was like "safari" - we don't have something like that in my country...What about the people - they use two languages - romanian ( they call that moldovian) and russian ( historic reason)...I am polish and I really think people ther are very kind even if they are pure...
senegal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:38 PM   #89
tasosGR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: IOANNINA.GREECE
Posts: 46
Likes (Received): 14

I was there by bike 3 years before!Everything was ok in Moldova, BUT the problem was that i didnt knew about Transdnistria!!!
When i was near Tiraspol to the way for Odesa i found borders!
And there you must pay!Except visa for passing the "country",everyone asked for money!soldiers,policemen,everyone!!!
It costed to me for this 20-30km about 120euros!All the tourists payded like me (if someone ask it with a gun...)
More informations for Transdnistria at wikipidia...and dont go if itsnt nessecery.
tasosGR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 12:41 AM   #90
AlexisMD
Registered User
 
AlexisMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chisinau
Posts: 838
Likes (Received): 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasosGR View Post
I was there by bike 3 years before!Everything was ok in Moldova, BUT the problem was that i didnt knew about Transdnistria!!!
When i was near Tiraspol to the way for Odesa i found borders!
And there you must pay!Except visa for passing the "country",everyone asked for money!soldiers,policemen,everyone!!!
It costed to me for this 20-30km about 120euros!All the tourists payded like me (if someone ask it with a gun...)
More informations for Transdnistria at wikipidia...and dont go if itsnt nessecery.

Don't exaggerate please. Nobody would do you any harm.
You shouldn't pay, and they will not do you a thing
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:20 PM   #91
tasosGR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: IOANNINA.GREECE
Posts: 46
Likes (Received): 14

Please,let me help some of the futured travelers at this place...
Do you agree with this situation?Answer me if i wrote something wrong!!!
tasosGR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:45 PM   #92
alwn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bucuresti
Posts: 469
Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisMD View Post
Don't exaggerate please. Nobody would do you any harm.
You shouldn't pay, and they will not do you a thing
He doesn't exaggerate. He just related what happened. I heard too many similar stories about what is going on with the foreigners in transnistria and i believe him. Please don't come with this tipical soviet defence to discredit any critical testimony " you exaggerate, not happened, it was y fault, y story is pure fiction".
alwn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:20 AM   #93
AlexisMD
Registered User
 
AlexisMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chisinau
Posts: 838
Likes (Received): 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
He doesn't exaggerate. He just related what happened. I heard too many similar stories about what is going on with the foreigners in transnistria and i believe him. Please don't come with this tipical soviet defence to discredit any critical testimony " you exaggerate, not happened, it was y fault, y story is pure fiction".
LOL
I'm living in Chisinau, not in Transnistria. I know very well that they are
extorting money from foreigners. But this is because foreigners are afraid to report. (and they are afraid of it)
I was over the border hundreds of time. Yes, the behave like pigs and sometimes animals and yes they are corrupted. But they never killed anyone or injured.
I know them well, and believe me, I'm not on their side. I hope this conflict will resolve in peaceful manner


PS : totul o sa fie ok, nu va temeti
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 08:55 PM   #94
alwn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bucuresti
Posts: 469
Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisMD View Post
LOL
I'm living in Chisinau, not in Transnistria. I know very well that they are
extorting money from foreigners. But this is because foreigners are afraid to report. (and they are afraid of it)
I was over the border hundreds of time. Yes, the behave like pigs and sometimes animals and yes they are corrupted. But they never killed anyone or injured.
I know them well, and believe me, I'm not on their side. I hope this conflict will resolve in peaceful manner


PS : totul o sa fie ok, nu va temeti
Report to whom? You know very well that transnistria is under no authority. Try to put yourself on his skin. What he can do? To call his embassy from Chisinau (Greek Embassy probably), what they can do about? If it is transnistria probably nothing. Ok, he can refuse to give money, but when you are alone, in a foreign country, outside EU and people with guns (and uniforms) ask you money is better to give not to check how far they are able to go.
__________________
Bucuresti/ Romania
alwn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:48 PM   #95
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12044

People, let's get over this topic. Transnistria is a very weird region, where nasty things can happen, but it's not the topic of this thread. Let's see some pictures of Moldovan roads. Alexis, can you help us with that?
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:19 PM   #96
AlexisMD
Registered User
 
AlexisMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chisinau
Posts: 838
Likes (Received): 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
People, let's get over this topic. Transnistria is a very weird region, where nasty things can happen, but it's not the topic of this thread. Let's see some pictures of Moldovan roads. Alexis, can you help us with that?
i hope soon, when some constructions will start
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #97
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12044

As our Moldovan colleagues are recently contributing more on the Moldovan section rather than on this international forum, I'l post some recent pictures of Moldovan roads:

Road to Leuseni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor A. View Post
Drumul spre Leuseni



Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd View Post
Road M2








__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #98
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12044

Chisinau ringroad section:


Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd View Post
O bucata din "centura" Chisinau



__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #99
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12044

Self explanatory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd View Post
Road R3 + R34




















http://imageshack.us/

Thanks at dnd!
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #100
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasosGR View Post
I was there by bike 3 years before!Everything was ok in Moldova, BUT the problem was that i didnt knew about Transdnistria!!!
When i was near Tiraspol to the way for Odesa i found borders!
And there you must pay!Except visa for passing the "country",everyone asked for money!soldiers,policemen,everyone!!!
It costed to me for this 20-30km about 120euros!All the tourists payded like me (if someone ask it with a gun...)
More informations for Transdnistria at wikipidia...and dont go if itsnt nessecery.
I have heard also hat they eat little children if you have them with you.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium