daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #141
areal51

Likes (Received): 89

1 million Moldovans have applied for Romanian citizenship. Most of them have to wait yet.

Some of them are also from Transnistria. There are people with three citizenships (Transnistrian, MD and RO).

If the transnistrians want the russian citizenship it's necessary to give up all other.

They can travel with Transnistrian passport only to UA, RU, BY ...

PS.For example, romanian citizenship is guaranteed certain to any moldovan born before 1941, if he ask it. However more than half have relatives in Romania.
sry for OT

Last edited by areal51; April 20th, 2012 at 04:59 AM.
areal51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #142
Nima-Farid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

A road sign with M and R signpost on it
Nima-Farid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #143
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Moldova seems to have many wide range highways capable of connverting these roads into full profile motorways... It would be a very wise move if the state could use this oppurtunity to tender construction companies where they would finance the conversion of these highways to motorways through a tolling systems to get their money back through a limited time lapse concession where for example the motorways would return back to state ownership after the companies had made their profits throughout the years. This would increase trade with links the neighbouring countries and would create a few jobs and boost local knowledge and development. This method is ideal for developing countries which cannot cope with the budget demand of high motorway costs.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #144
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

I don't think toll roads are useful in a country where the net monthly salary is below € 200.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #145
Nima-Farid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

the costs of building a motorway in a small and flat country like Moldova is not that much so a toll of € 0.20 would be enough.
Nima-Farid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #146
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Moldova is not really flat, but mostly hilly. Also there isn't enough traffic even on the most important roads. So a tolled motorway doesn't make sense to me. It will be a ghost motorway as no one will use it. I don't think any investor will put its money in this.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #147
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle
I don't think toll roads are useful in a country where the net monthly salary is below € 200.
Those who can afford buying a car, paying fuel, insurance and taxes can also afford a cheap toll. Those who are really poor don't drive anyway.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #148
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Also there isn't enough traffic even on the most important roads. So a tolled motorway doesn't make sense to me. It will be a ghost motorway as no one will use it. I don't think any investor will put its money in this.
I also think that's why the new north-south motorway in Montenegro doesn't gain traction yet. Too little traffic to justify the investment. Even in wealthy countries like Spain or France there is massive shunpiking*

* shunpikers are people who avoid tolls.
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #149
italystf

Quote:
Even in wealthy countries like Spain or France there is massive shunpiking*

* shunpikers are people who avoid tolls.
And in Italy too
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #150
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Is there? I always thought this happened less in Italy due to the relatively poor alternate options. For example if I plot a route in Google Maps from Milano to Bologna it takes just under 2 hours by motorway but over 4.5 hours via non-toll roads.
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #151
italystf

Quote:
Is there? I always thought this happened less in Italy due to the relatively poor alternate options. For example if I plot a route in Google Maps from Milano to Bologna it takes just under 2 hours by motorway but over 4.5 hours via non-toll roads.
I mean local routes, less than 50 - 70 km.
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #152
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Italian tolls are relatively cheap, compared to France. From Turin to Brenner via Piacenza I pay 23 euros. Brenner to Naples is around 70 these days I think. I remember in 2004 it was less then 50.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #153
Sarmizegetusa
:)

Likes (Received): 0

Due to the lack of foreign investments, many of our roads are very poor and even dangerous. Currently there are talks with foreign investors which will decide their future.

Moldova (and it's infrastructure) are not important because of our poor geographic location.

I will keep this thread updated with my photos, news and projects.

I hope things will change soon and I hope the European Union will help us with something. I don't expect anything big though.
Sarmizegetusa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #154
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Italian tolls are relatively cheap, compared to France. From Turin to Brenner via Piacenza I pay 23 euros. Brenner to Naples is around 70 these days I think. I remember in 2004 it was less then 50.
61,50€
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #155
Sarmizegetusa

Proposal of connection to the central portion of TRANS-EUROPEAN TRANSPORT NETWORK (TEN-T)

Pan-european corridors which cross Rep. of Moldova

European roads which cross Rep.of.Mold.

Black Sea by-pass

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRACECA
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #156
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by areal51 View Post
romanian citizenship is guaranteed certain to any moldovan born before 1941, if he ask it.
That makes sense because Moldova (but not Transnistria) was part of Romania before 1941, so Moldovans born before 1941 were born Romanian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmizegetusa View Post
I hope the European Union will help us with something. I don't expect anything big though.
I think the EU will be more willing to fund developments in Moldova after Moldova and Transnistria settle their differences.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #157
Sarmizegetusa

*Translated
From: http://www.mtid.gov.md/img/Site/Prog...02011-2014.pdf(Romanian only)

Last edited by Sarmizegetusa; July 6th, 2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Details added :)
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #158
Sarmizegetusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I think the EU will be more willing to fund developments in Moldova after Moldova and Transnistria settle their differences.
Well, it would be alot easier to find a cure for cancer.

It's a political matter, not a infrastructure-development one.

(sorry for poor english).

Thank you for your interest.
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #159
Sarmizegetusa

The road link which connects Soroca with Chisinau is USA-founded I guess. I've read that somewhere:

Old July 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #160
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza

61,50€
I'm in a van, I pay a bit more.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote