daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Abu Dhabi Projects > Abu Dhabi Project Development

Abu Dhabi Project Development Other projects in the capital of the UAE

Old January 29th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #121
The Hillbilly

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattw2345 View Post
Sorry not sure what this has to do with the US and this is not Europe, this was a good buy and a damned good one now, prices are expected to increase once Hydra start, NOT DECREASE.

So I would kindly ask that notes ref Banks withdrawing finance and shoddy this & that be kept off this board as those of us that are genuine buyers for the long term do not wish to see it.

Also I am on the ground here working with developers and the work here will not be shoddy as A/D are learning from Dubai's mistakes.
I thought this was a forum where people can discuss projects and issues related to the projects? You've been in this part of the world too long if you think all that should be aired is good news.

My original point was that I don't feel the increase on the original price is justified or ethical, especially in this economic climate. It's blatantly taking advantage of the lack of property laws in Abu Dhabi. Putting aside the fact many on this forum are trying to make the world think Hydra Village is a good buy, it is common sense that Hydra is completely taking it's investors for a ride. Pushing some sand into mounds isn't starting a project. Meanwhile the CEO 'Dr' is jetsetting around the world achieving nothing. Personally I don't believe a word Hydra say anymore and would like to discuss real issues rather than sugarcoat everything. No-one will be able to sell for a long time anyway.
The Hillbilly no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 29th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #122
speculator

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hillbilly View Post
Well obviously not New York or London! But then we can't compare Abu Dhabi to either of those places. Try Oklahoma City, Berlin, or most other smaller finished cities. Hydra Village is around 30 minutes drive from the centre of Abu Dhabi. The labourers are paid next to nothing. On top of that a place like this in the middle of the desert is about as unsustainable as things come. In the coming years the world will become less dependent on oil and Abu Dhabi will lose it's main source of income. It's difficult to keep trees alive in the desert with no money. Also the Hydra Village project hasn't even really broken ground and you think a small two bedroom offplan townhouse, with virtually no green space, and 30 minutes from a Middle Eastern city should be US$250k? Face it, I got duped and so did you....
Duped. No i dont think so. You need to lighten up a bit. We have all been frustrated with Hydra but do say we have been duped is going a bit too far. That would mean that all the lenders that have offered financing on this project have also been duped and they all belong to the same people. So really I cant see that happening.

The thing we are all lacking is proper progress updates so we need to figure out how we can achieve this as a group.
Any suggestions ?
speculator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #123
pailleenque

Very slow progress on zone 7

Last edited by pailleenque; January 29th, 2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: sorry I forget how to do this every time ... must be age. I need some brain stem cells
pailleenque no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #124
Mattw2345

Spoken to Rasha today for a while, feel a bit sorry for her as all she is telling us is what she is told! I asked her to send updates so she sent the last three years to September 08! Lol!

Also spoke to the German at Royal! he has ben gagged and is not allowed to say anything!

If you want my honest they have just stopped and wont start until the economy starts picking up again, I suspect that anything unsold will not be built! which means a tigher development which can only be good for us!

Materials are cheaper, more contractors willing to work for less! There should be no excuse!!!!

I am seing this cut down across the board!, I got a list of all projects cancelled in UAE today! Hydra was not one!
Mattw2345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #125
speculator

Quote:
Spoken to Rasha today for a while, feel a bit sorry for her as all she is telling us is what she is told! I asked her to send updates so she sent the last three years to September 08! Lol!

Also spoke to the German at Royal! he has ben gagged and is not allowed to say anything!

If you want my honest they have just stopped and wont start until the economy starts picking up again, I suspect that anything unsold will not be built! which means a tigher development which can only be good for us!

Materials are cheaper, more contractors willing to work for less! There should be no excuse!!!!

I am seing this cut down across the board!, I got a list of all projects cancelled in UAE today! Hydra was not one!
Well good to hear its not on the cancelled list. But as you say if they wait for the economy to pick up then in my view that could be some considerable time. No economy is picking up pace this year thats for sure !

Guess we shall all have to keep guessing.
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #126
pailleenque

Quote:
If you want my honest they have just stopped and wont start until the economy starts picking up again, !
They have not stopped! Working at a slow pace but working at this stage
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:42 AM   #127
le1parrain

Quote:
I CANNOT SEE HOW THEY COULD DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE NOT GOT THE ACTUAL OFFER CONSOLIDATED BY YOUR BANK! IF THEY OFFERED YOU 90% BUT YOU HAVE NOT GOT IT OFFICIALLY APROVED THEN IM SORRY FOR THAT BUT I GOT 90% FROM ADCB AND I HAVE ALL OF MY PAPERWORK SIGNED AND APROVED. THEY CANNOT CHANGE IT NOW

WHICH BANK?
It's FGB (ame investors as Hydra) and I got the approval in March 2007. They gave me 3 months to bring the contract. But Hydra failed to do so.
I had a letter from them about this delay and sent it to the bank.
But now they changed their minds and said max 70%.
ADCB gives 80% with salary transfer.
Emirates Islamic Bank said that they stopped giving any loan to Hydra projects because they're not serious
le1parrain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:46 AM   #128
le1parrain

There's a lot of rumors and some true information about Hydra village.
And no one knows the truth.

I beleive that we have to gather and go to Hydra to make all of this clear.
or we can write something to Gulf News. or claim our money back.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM   #129
dbxdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by le1parrain View Post
It's FGB (ame investors as Hydra) and I got the approval in March 2007. They gave me 3 months to bring the contract. But Hydra failed to do so.
I had a letter from them about this delay and sent it to the bank.
But now they changed their minds and said max 70%.
ADCB gives 80% with salary transfer.
Emirates Islamic Bank said that they stopped giving any loan to Hydra projects because they're not serious
Once again, all mortages in the UAE are ON DEMAND and while this has yet to be exercised by anyone, you should all know they can ask for the full outstanding to be cleared in 30 days - its in your contract - that's why they keep a cheque for the full amount of the mortgages.

In theses cases, its best to keep of the radar untill the bank and the developer resolve the issue and you get you 90%, they wont chase you...
dbxdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM   #130
speculator

Good news guys ! A friend has taken some snaps of the site and progress is happening. I believe some mock up villas are going up. I have seen the pics but I have to keep them confidential as otherwise he wont be allowed on site again and he wont give the pics to me either.

If pailleenque goes lower on his helicopter next time you may in fact see these.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:22 PM   #131
pailleenque

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculator View Post
I believe some mock up villas are going up. :
True, in fact on another shot on the same day as the one above I can see that.
Old February 7th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #132
Haymoss

Guys,

i can see at 4 villas in the picture above being built.. At there is some movment..
Haymoss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:35 AM   #133
dbxdude

A senior manager bought 5 villas last week.... suggests mobilization which we have been hearing about will now be going ahead. Its not a rumor. Stick it out and u will be rewarded.
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #134
le1parrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbxdude View Post
A senior manager bought 5 villas last week.... suggests mobilization which we have been hearing about will now be going ahead. Its not a rumor. Stick it out and u will be rewarded.
Could u please develop more?
Old February 8th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #135
Mattw2345

I would love to know what he paid for 5, if its a D3 I know they are back to around 840k! - I expect to see mobilisation above and beyond these ones that are up and they are as stated before just the demo homes!
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #136
Mattw2345

Scenarios for A/D in the coming year have been very well put out by Peter Cooper of the FW Freehold Weekly 8th February edition. He lists three possible scenarious the first basically eludes to the financial aid packages worldwide starting to work by 09 end with inflation rising in line with oil prices which should spark renewed interest.
Scenario 2. Things get worse and begin to further impact on job losses resulting in mass exodus of ex pats from the region thus further harming already dwindling demand. Many off plan buyers would then back out at the deposit and cut their losses, this would further complicate matters and result in a cascade of cancellations

Scenario 3. Unlikely: But, as a result of the above developers would start to cancel their projects and some would be left with half empty towers and construction bills they cannot pay! Ghost Town basically.

Scenario three, A secret Nuke from a secret group known as 'Justice For Off Plan' is launched at Dubai and wipes it out following this another secret Nuke from another secret group known as ' speculators for revolution' is launched at A/D however if falls short of the city centre and lands in Hydra Village destroying the only 4 villas built.........this is in 2200
Old February 8th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #137
dbxdude

Quote:
I would love to know what he paid for 5, if its a D3 I know they are back to around 840k! - I expect to see mobilisation above and beyond these ones that are up and they are as stated before just the demo homes!
there were 1 or 2 at that price, they have been snapped up. trust me its mobilised now and the prices will act accordingly. just hold on in there u will b rewarded.
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #138
speculator

Quote:

Scenario three, A secret Nuke from a secret group known as 'Justice For Off Plan' is launched at Dubai and wipes it out following this another secret Nuke from another secret group known as ' speculators for revolution' is launched at A/D however if falls short of the city centre and lands in Hydra Village destroying the only 4 villas built.........this is in 2200
I really hope not. We may all be sharing these 4 villas.
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #139
dbxdude

doesnt matter what i say, i guess in a few months it will be obvious one way or another.....
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #140
Mattw2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbxdude View Post
doesnt matter what i say, i guess in a few months it will be obvious one way or another.....

Awww come on, only pulling yer leg, you know we all want this up and running asap, lol!

Tags
abu dhabi