daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #621
HMMS
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 844
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Those grade-separated U-turns are a remedy for the fact Brazil has only 510km of fully access-controlled AND grade-separated highways. Farms, local neighborhoods, industrial estates all use roadside direct access, creating traffic hazards as those entrances/exits are well below standards.
You know very little of Brazil to talk about it !!!!!!!!!!!


I would say almost nothing ................
HMMS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #622
HMMS
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 844
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrtn2 View Post
Br 429

Where is this road ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be the interior of Brazil

I discovered, is in Rondonia State in the Amazon, too far from the city that I live, maybe 2500km..................
HMMS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #623
Suburbanist
on the road
 
Suburbanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Breda<->'s-Hertogenbosch<->Eindhoven triangle
Posts: 20,247
Likes (Received): 7042

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMS View Post
You know very little of Brazil to talk about it !!!!!!!!!!!


I would say almost nothing ................
You know very little about me. I've accumulated dozens of thousands of km driven there on the course of years. And I, again, stand by my statement: only the following highways fulfill ALL the following requirements for most of their extension:

- controlled access (most Brazilian 2x2 roads have countless of substandard urban access and even farms with direct access from the highway, something that disqualifies them as highways)

- grade-separated (many Brazilian 2x2 roads have at-grade U-turns, and even junctions designed as elliptical roundabouts

- absence of interference with the right of way (countless highways have pedestrian crossings - at grade -, speed bumps and other unacceptable interferences)

The only Brazilian highways that consistently fulfill the 3 aforementioned requirements are, in no particular order

- BR-290 Porto Alegre - Osório
- SP-348 São Paulo - Cordeirópolis
- SP-160 São Paulo - São Vicente
- SP-280 São Paulo - Espírito Santo do Turvo
- SP-21 São Paulo ring road
- SP-70 São Paulo - Caçapava
- BR-116 Curitiba ring road (eastern section only)

BR 448, just shown 4 posts above, will be another addition to that list.

And NO other one. I challenge you to prove in a reasonable way that Brazil has other roads that fulfills those internationally recognized standards. Most of them are disqualified on having side accesses to estates and buildings directly connected to them, something you DON'T find in what we usually call highways. They are expressways.
__________________
"For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, clear and wrong."
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #624
Suburbanist
on the road
 
Suburbanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Breda<->'s-Hertogenbosch<->Eindhoven triangle
Posts: 20,247
Likes (Received): 7042

Brazilian highways interferences and substandard desing

I wrote it 2/3 times already, so this is the kind of substandard design and interference I'm talking about. They, IMO, disqualify such roads as "highways".

Farm access right into the highway, no acceleration lanes


Local road that ends into the highway, dangerous access




Farm roads, 90-degree access into the shoulder.


Central U-turn, you need to slow down in the left lane and reenter the opposite direction on the left lane or cross, dangerously, the left lane to stay on the right


Local neighborhood, no junction, just a precarious access, no secondary access but from the highway


Roundabout T-junction, lack of collector lane (it is unpaved and has been taken over nearby properties) speed limit 60 km/h


Dangerous at-grade junction, speed bumps on the highway
__________________
"For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, clear and wrong."
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #625
Wlaspec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
Likes (Received): 0

That's what I always say, the Brazilian roads are very bad.
Wlaspec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #626
HMMS
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 844
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
You know very little about me. I've accumulated dozens of thousands of km driven there on the course of years. And I, again, stand by my statement: only the following highways fulfill ALL the following requirements for most of their extension:

- controlled access (most Brazilian 2x2 roads have countless of substandard urban access and even farms with direct access from the highway, something that disqualifies them as highways)

- grade-separated (many Brazilian 2x2 roads have at-grade U-turns, and even junctions designed as elliptical roundabouts

- absence of interference with the right of way (countless highways have pedestrian crossings - at grade -, speed bumps and other unacceptable interferences)

The only Brazilian highways that consistently fulfill the 3 aforementioned requirements are, in no particular order

- BR-290 Porto Alegre - Osório
- SP-348 São Paulo - Cordeirópolis
- SP-160 São Paulo - São Vicente
- SP-280 São Paulo - Espírito Santo do Turvo
- SP-21 São Paulo ring road
- SP-70 São Paulo - Caçapava
- BR-116 Curitiba ring road (eastern section only)

BR 448, just shown 4 posts above, will be another addition to that list.

And NO other one. I challenge you to prove in a reasonable way that Brazil has other roads that fulfills those internationally recognized standards. Most of them are disqualified on having side accesses to estates and buildings directly connected to them, something you DON'T find in what we usually call highways. They are expressways.
I repeat, you know nothing of Brazil, I've traveled many roads in Brazil, because I am Brazilian and I know what I mean, not only to share some pictures of roads, but if you think you're right, all right, but you're wrong !!!!!!!!!!!
HMMS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #627
HMMS
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 844
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlaspec View Post
That's what I always say, the Brazilian roads are very bad.
You always say the wrong things.................
HMMS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #628
Suburbanist
on the road
 
Suburbanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Breda<->'s-Hertogenbosch<->Eindhoven triangle
Posts: 20,247
Likes (Received): 7042

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMS View Post
I repeat, you know nothing of Brazil, I've traveled many roads in Brazil, because I am Brazilian and I know what I mean, not only to share some pictures of roads, but if you think you're right, all right, but you're wrong !!!!!!!!!!!
WOuld you mind to elaborate on how my arguments, backed with pictures from Google Satellite, are wrong?
__________________
"For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, clear and wrong."
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #629
Positronn
Registered User
 
Positronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Joinville / SC
Posts: 10,702
Likes (Received): 1448

Suburbanist,

Positronn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #630
Wlaspec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMS View Post
You always say the wrong things.................
That is why Brazil is underdeveloped, people prefer not to see reality.
Wlaspec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:58 AM   #631
Wlaspec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
WOuld you mind to elaborate on how my arguments, backed with pictures from Google Satellite, are wrong?
Stallite it´s not working... Hehehehe
Wlaspec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #632
paulista1978
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,656
Likes (Received): 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
You know very little about me. I've accumulated dozens of thousands of km driven there on the course of years. And I, again, stand by my statement: only the following highways fulfill ALL the following requirements for most of their extension...)

They are expressways.
Could´t we count Linha Amarela and Linha Vermelha as "controled access highway"?
paulista1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #633
paulista1978
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,656
Likes (Received): 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by nex View Post
I , i have almost no time i managed to scan some parts owever the quality is sucky.

here's a sample:



if thats ok i can upload a lot more. and zoom some parts they are ok.
Here you can find a lot of maps of the state of São Paulo in different patterns of quality and detailment.

http://www.der.sp.gov.br/documentos/mapas.aspx
paulista1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #634
Suburbanist
on the road
 
Suburbanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Breda<->'s-Hertogenbosch<->Eindhoven triangle
Posts: 20,247
Likes (Received): 7042

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulista1978 View Post
Could´t we count Linha Amarela and Linha Vermelha as "controled access highway"?
Indeed, it is missing from my list.
__________________
"For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, clear and wrong."
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #635
HMMS
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 844
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlaspec View Post
That is why Brazil is underdeveloped, people prefer not to see reality.

And what is your country as developed?? or is it broke, how many?

I know what I speak, I know the shortcomings of Brazil, more than you, but will not want to give a lesson in foreign development, want to know which country you are, then we can talk, ok?
HMMS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #636
nex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 210
Likes (Received): 1

Here state of Minas Gerais

http://www.der.mg.gov.br/mapa-rodoviario
nex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #637
Dourado
Rupert, que otimista!
 
Dourado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: São Luís
Posts: 1,630
Likes (Received): 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Indeed, it is missing from my list.
I would also include MG-010 (Linha Verde, from Belo Horizonte to Lagoa Santa Junction. The last few kilometers to the Intl't Airport is older and have two or three U-turns) and, according to those requirements you posted, Belo Horizonte Ring Road (although the geometry is very bad, so I don't think it should count).
__________________
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Dourado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM   #638
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Governador Valadares
Posts: 13,663
Likes (Received): 5961

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPITOBA View Post
Prosseguindo nossa viagem do dia 13/05/2011, iniciada em Brasília às 08:00 horas, veremos o trecho final de Curvelo a Diamantina, com cerca de 150 km, aonde chegamos por volta das 17:00 horas. Subimos uma das vertentes da Serra do Espinhaço, saindo de Curvelo que está a 632 m de altitude para Diamantina cuja sede está a 1.280 m.
Viajemos juntos!

34


35-Estamos perto


36-Andando...


37-Tamos perto...


38-Olha o visual


39-Gouveia-MG



Gouveia-MG
Emancipação: 12/12/1953 – Área: 874,927 km² - População: 11.687 (2010) – IDH: 0,735 (2000) – PIB: R$ 71,7 milhões (2008) – PIB per capita: R$ 6.016,96 (2008) - Distância de BSB: 641 km


40-Chegando a Gouveia-MG


41-Passando Gouveia-MG


42-Diamantina se aproxima


43-A Churrascaria estava cheia...


44-Diamantina à vista


45-Tamos perto



Diamantina-MG
Emancipação: 06/03/1831 – Área: 3.869,83 km² - População: 45.884 (2010) – IDH: 0,748 (2000) – PIB: R$ 276,2 milhões (2008) – PIB per capita: R$ 5.977,56 (2008) –Distância de BSB: 724 km


46-Chegando...


47-Chegando...




...

Last edited by xrtn2; June 11th, 2011 at 05:12 PM.
xrtn2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #639
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Governador Valadares
Posts: 13,663
Likes (Received): 5961

Sao paulo state highway

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by xrtn2; June 11th, 2011 at 05:27 PM.
xrtn2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #640
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Governador Valadares
Posts: 13,663
Likes (Received): 5961

sp 342

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w.../1-SP34270.jpg
\

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w.../1-SP34265.jpg


http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w.../1-SP34254.jpg


http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w.../1-SP34279.jpg
__________________
Que não seja imortal, posto que é chama
Mas que seja infinito enquanto dure.


Vinicius de Moraes

xrtn2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu