daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 30th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #661
Wlaspec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Is that a Brazilian plate on the car that looks to me (because I'm from the US) like it's passing illegally?

It´s Paraguay plate....
Wlaspec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM   #662
Norge78
Registered User
 
Norge78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 388

BRAZIL

Brazil is one of the most beautiful country in the world.

When will the BR-101 highway be widened frm Porto Alegre to Natal?

Thanks
Norge78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM   #663
Escher
Registered User
 
Escher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 25

Between Natal and Recife it's almost 80% done. There are works now between Recife and Sergipe/Bahia border. From there, the 101 it's not the best option for southbound traffic, (SE/S regions) therefore the government privatized the stretch of 116 between Feira de Santana and the border Bahia/Minas Gerais which has a better route than 101, and the duplication is previewed. The 101 runs parallel to 116 (near the shore) and is only previewed, as I know, to be duplicated in Rio de Janeiro state. In Minas Gerais I don't know if there are plans of duplication.

In São Paulo it ceases to exist and until Curitiba you only have the 116 (Regis Bittencourt, duplicated). It only comes back in Santa Catarina, where it's already 80% duplicated until Osório, near Porto Alegre, where it joins the 290 (Freeway).
Escher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:41 AM   #664
Positronn
Registered User
 
Positronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Joinville / SC
Posts: 11,921
Likes (Received): 2752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norge78 View Post
Brazil is one of the most beautiful country in the world.

When will the BR-101 highway be widened frm Porto Alegre to Natal?

Thanks
Never.

Some stretches won't even be constructed, like the one passing through Paraná. And I hope the widening won't happen anymore. What we need is a motorway, not and old paved road, full of sharp curves, substandard acess etc...

Let the old road there, build a new one, running parallel....
Positronn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #665
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

Minas Gerais state

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #666
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

Mato Grosso do SUL STATE

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #667
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

Goias state

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #668
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517



image hosted on flickr

Last edited by xrtn2; August 12th, 2011 at 11:05 PM.
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #669
Norge78
Registered User
 
Norge78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positronn View Post
Never.

Some stretches won't even be constructed, like the one passing through Paraná. And I hope the widening won't happen anymore. What we need is a motorway, not and old paved road, full of sharp curves, substandard acess etc...

Let the old road there, build a new one, running parallel....

You say that Brazil needs NEW HIGHWAYS, like the Interstates, and not just the widening of the old ones?
I thought that in 2016 the widening should be completed.

Anyway, i think Brazil needs three things:

1) New Airports

2) New City Subways (more lines or expansion of the existing ones)

3) New Highways (like the old Us interstates) that link the most important cities

Honestly, i don't think that the High Speed rail between Sao Paulo and Rio is a good infrastructure project.
It's a very expensive (and risky) one and the period of the repayment is very long.


Such a Beautiful Country needs the best.

Last edited by Norge78; August 10th, 2011 at 08:21 PM.
Norge78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #670
Norge78
Registered User
 
Norge78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escher View Post
Between Natal and Recife it's almost 80% done. There are works now between Recife and Sergipe/Bahia border. From there, the 101 it's not the best option for southbound traffic, (SE/S regions) therefore the government privatized the stretch of 116 between Feira de Santana and the border Bahia/Minas Gerais which has a better route than 101, and the duplication is previewed. The 101 runs parallel to 116 (near the shore) and is only previewed, as I know, to be duplicated in Rio de Janeiro state. In Minas Gerais I don't know if there are plans of duplication.

In São Paulo it ceases to exist and until Curitiba you only have the 116 (Regis Bittencourt, duplicated). It only comes back in Santa Catarina, where it's already 80% duplicated until Osório, near Porto Alegre, where it joins the 290 (Freeway).
Thank you for the information.
I've bought some map of Brazil here in Europe, but i'd like to have one updated. Can you tell me where i can find it online?

I want to ask you another thing.
The Highway between Sao Paulo and Brasilia, BR-050, and the BR-040 between Belo Horizonte and Sao Paulo when will be widened (or finished)?

Thanks
Norge78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #671
Positronn
Registered User
 
Positronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Joinville / SC
Posts: 11,921
Likes (Received): 2752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norge78 View Post
You say that Brazil needs NEW HIGHWAYS, like the Interstates, and not just the widening of the old ones?
I thought that in 2016 the widening should be completed.

Anyway, i think Brazil needs three things:

1) New Airports

2) New City Subways (more lines or expansion of the existing ones)

3) New Highways (like the old Us interstates) that link the most important cities

Honestly, i don't think that the High Speed rail between Sao Paulo and Rio is a good infrastructure project.
It's a very expensive (and risky) one and the period of the repayment is very long.


Such a Beautiful Country needs the best.
The widening of BR-101 is happening only in some stretches. So there is no chance that the whole road will be widened until 2016. And I think it's ok because we still can change this whole idea of widening instead of building real motorways. As you can see on the last pics, even the new widened roads keeps unsafe elements like median u-turns, sharp curves and no access control.
Positronn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #672
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

Rio de Janeiro







image hosted on flickr
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #673
sergiomazzi
We all are explorers!
 
sergiomazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 3,988
Likes (Received): 15315

Brazilian Highway BR-050 (Via Anchieta SP-150), Sacomã to São Bernardo do Campo, round trip.

Video speed = 2,50 X
__________________
"A prova mais clara de sabedoria é ter uma alegria constante." (Michel de Montaigne)
___________________________________________________
Facebook - Youtube - tumblr. - Flickr - OneDrive - Instagram - Radar ADS-B

Last edited by sergiomazzi; August 14th, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
sergiomazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #674
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

Amazing
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #675
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

Near São Paulo















xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #676
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

editing..
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #677
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

SAO PAULO ACCESS






Last edited by xrtn2; August 28th, 2011 at 06:12 AM.
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #678
Positronn
Registered User
 
Positronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Joinville / SC
Posts: 11,921
Likes (Received): 2752



Which road is this one? The bicycle lane on the left seems very dangerous to me.
Positronn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #679
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positronn View Post

Which road is this one? The bicycle lane on the left seems very dangerous to me.
Near são Paulo city.

Last edited by xrtn2; October 7th, 2011 at 06:43 AM.
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #680
xrtn2
Registered User
 
xrtn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Valadares, Brazil
Posts: 19,686
Likes (Received): 17517

editingg
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium