daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:31 AM   #2401
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan
 
Soroban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vitória
Posts: 467
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles54 View Post
are they adding a spire on top of the tower?
Telecom tower?
__________________
Em Urd eu acredito!
http://abaco-ocaba.blogspot.com
http://soroban.blogspot.com
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM   #2402
Jonipoon
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 213
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroban View Post
Telecom tower?
I suppose so, since the building is financed by the Orascom Group.
Jonipoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:13 PM   #2403
IllyrianEagle
Registered User
 
IllyrianEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tirane/Punta del Este
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 0

How many hotel rooms do you think this building could have if it was used entirely as a hotel?
IllyrianEagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:10 PM   #2404
Dekano
Registered User
 
Dekano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Visaginas/Vilnius
Posts: 21
Likes (Received): 0

This building looks so mysterious...
__________________
Art is a material manifestation of soul,which prevents humans from destroying themselves through reason.

Last edited by Dekano; March 23rd, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
Dekano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:20 PM   #2405
KYASHIN
BANNED
 
KYASHIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 236
Likes (Received): 0

they have great residential buildings in Pyongyang...
KYASHIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:25 PM   #2406
joshsam
JR
 
joshsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sint-Truiden
Posts: 7,151
Likes (Received): 5327

Yes, I think they are quite well maintained to. But once saw that people inside those buildings need to take the stairwell because the elevators don't work that ofthen due to power fall outs.
__________________
Ceci n'est pas un pays, een bananenrepubliek ja!
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM   #2407
KYASHIN
BANNED
 
KYASHIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 236
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroVison View Post
Thats your opinion, get your facts right, learn the difference between fact and opinion. The usa and really??? Europe is not a country!!! maybe your thinking European Union. The European Union sucks, and so does the usa. The resion the USSR collapsed is because the spent too much on building weapons. China is a Communist nation and they are going strong, while the usa and eu are in a deep recesion. I know europe pretty well and i can tell that they are going down all the way to the ground and i know the usa well too, and they are going down too. If you think you can prove somthing by posting gay things, then just dont post at all, im not going to answer to you again.
Pyongyang
image hosted on flickr


LA


nuff said
KYASHIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:57 PM   #2408
Borimir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 509
Likes (Received): 7

Nuff said how?

I dont see the ponit.
Borimir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:52 PM   #2409
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,330
Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYASHIN View Post
...
if you posted a picture of seoul instead of LA it even would have made slithly sense what you tried to point out. But the topic is too complex to talk about anyway, especially in a skyscraper-motivated and not politically motivated forum.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #2410
EuroVison
BANNED
 
EuroVison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A far away land a long time ago called USSR
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYASHIN View Post
Pyongyang
image hosted on flickr


LA


nuff said
Your talking about the cars, or air pollution comparison between LA and Pyongyang, or that LA has no good towers?? I don't get what you mean at all, but tower looks nice. And I want to know exactly where is LA? From the palm trees, and wierd looking signs im guesing thats in Africa? South Africa maybe? first time i hear of LA.
EuroVison no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:42 AM   #2411
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,330
Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroVison View Post
Your talking about the cars, or air pollution comparison between LA and Pyongyang, or that LA has no good towers?? I don't get what you mean at all, but tower looks nice. And I want to know exactly where is LA? From the palm trees, and wierd looking signs im guesing thats in Africa? South Africa maybe? first time i hear of LA.
you do not have to be sarcastic. we all know that NK has economic problems. Big economic problems and i do not think that there is any reason you would need to deny it to defend your point. The crisis NK is facing is not because of socialism, but because of bad organised socialism and because of a difficult situation it is facing. Russia and China became more open to western influences than NK and NK now feels left alone, at least thats what it seems like. That's why it is having all the programs it tries to defend its own ideal but in a bad way. Neclecting its people and being against any relationships to other countries it avoids contact and therefore also trade and with all the "evil" countries they help the military more than the own economy.

Also: South Africa is on a good way to get out of its problems. But those problems most countries in africa have to face is another thing
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #2412
joshsam
JR
 
joshsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sint-Truiden
Posts: 7,151
Likes (Received): 5327

ssht, now you spoiled his perfect communism dream...
__________________
Ceci n'est pas un pays, een bananenrepubliek ja!
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #2413
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611

The building looks intimidating to me, kinda like a building I'd imagine in the book 1984.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #2414
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,330
Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post
ssht, now you spoiled his perfect communism dream...
actually i didnt say something against communism, because i can actually understand the idiology. But NK is just the perfect example that the idea of communism can be used by dictators to just exploit a whole country with socialism. Countries like China, who at least are open to new ideas, which actually shows that it works for them i do not think that its wrong that they have those ideals (human rights is another thing i do not want to mention, because it has not necessary to do with the political system). My point was that if he is for communism i would like to hear his opinions in a good argumentative way (not saying harsh things about South Africa for an example). But just my two cents and hopefully i didnt make the subject too off topic
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:24 AM   #2415
NUMERATZI
Registered User
 
NUMERATZI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Juan
Posts: 2,343
Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroVison View Post
Your talking about the cars, or air pollution comparison between LA and Pyongyang, or that LA has no good towers?? I don't get what you mean at all, but tower looks nice. And I want to know exactly where is LA? From the palm trees, and wierd looking signs im guesing thats in Africa? South Africa maybe? first time i hear of LA.
LA is Los Angeles. Los Angeles is in California , USA.

That tower is BEAUTIFUL! I wonder if the city is always that empty.
NUMERATZI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #2416
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,330
Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMERATZI View Post
LA is Los Angeles. Los Angeles is in California , USA.

That tower is BEAUTIFUL! I wonder if the city is always that empty.
the country has enegy problems, only government people have cars, the normal population does not have the money for cars.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 04:32 AM   #2417
Northridge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oslo
Posts: 640
Likes (Received): 72

I wonder what they are doing about the structural damage reported?
This building have bean neglected for a very long time, and of what I read on Wikipedia there are some serious damage on the structure.
It's stated that building should be demolished.

Sorry for my poor english

Thanks for the pics.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 04:48 AM   #2418
NUMERATZI
Registered User
 
NUMERATZI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Juan
Posts: 2,343
Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge View Post
I wonder what they are doing about the structural damage reported?
This building have bean neglected for a very long time, and of what I read on Wikipedia there are some serious damage on the structure.
It's stated that building should be demolished.

Sorry for my poor english

Thanks for the pics.
I think it got fixt up because they thought it was woth the fix or something.
NUMERATZI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #2419
Northridge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oslo
Posts: 640
Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMERATZI View Post
I think it got fixt up because they thought it was woth the fix or something.
I understand that but my question is still standing.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #2420
Ingenioren
Registered User
 
Ingenioren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oslo
Posts: 5,599
Likes (Received): 583

There are some photos way back in this tread showing concrete renovation works.
__________________
I want to see some construction!
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu