daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 5th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #2441
alex.german
Friend of the Balkans

Likes (Received): 47

I think some mods should clean up this mess...

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #2442
MonsterPug
Straight Outta BK

Likes (Received): 13

EuroVision is joking right? This very building represents the flaws of communism.
MonsterPug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #2443
EuroVison
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPug View Post
EuroVision is joking right? This very building represents the flaws of communism.

When it is finished it will not. It may have some problems from the long On-hold time, but everything will get repaired.
EuroVison no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #2444
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroVison View Post
When it is finished it will not.
This tower, completed, represents a failure of a communist dictatorship and the victory of a capitalist corporation, because the DPRK couldn't scrape together enough money in 15 years to finish the building. Meanwhile, Orascom was able to finance completion of the building in roughly 2 years, and their job isn't even hi-rise construction. It's a side project of building a for-profit cellular network.

You sir, are a walking, talking anachronism. An artifact of at least the 1980's, before command economies world-wide collapsed and the underlying theories were throughly debunked. You belong in a museum, next to a wax statue of Joseph Stalin.
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #2445
ln030921

Likes (Received): 30

Gorgeous building. It looks massive and dare-I-say iconic compared to surrounding buildings. Is it placed upon a hill also?
ln030921 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #2446
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
This tower, completed, represents a failure of a communist dictatorship and the victory of a capitalist corporation, because the DPRK couldn't scrape together enough money in 15 years to finish the building. Meanwhile, Orascom was able to finance completion of the building in roughly 2 years, and their job isn't even hi-rise construction. It's a side project of building a for-profit cellular network.

You sir, are a walking, talking anachronism. An artifact of at least the 1980's, before command economies world-wide collapsed and the underlying theories were throughly debunked. You belong in a museum, next to a wax statue of Joseph Stalin.
Can some mod please clean up this shit? I'm sick and tired of seeing this garbage in a skyscraper forum.

@STR - Stop posting bullshit, you don't like communism, shut your mouth or go to the Skybar
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #2447
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2613

krkseg1ops, you can report posts by clicking on this icon:
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #2448
4miGO!!!
GeNtLe UsEr

Likes (Received): 1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusty View Post
I still hope you are just trying to provoke everybody on this forum... As far as I remember you are from Lithuania - a country which suffered a lot in the past bacuse of the communism. I don't understand how you can be in favour of such totalitarian system which killed millions of people in your and surrounding countries.

By the way, shouldn't this guy be banned for promoting political system responsible for the highest death tool in the history? Communists symbols are forbidden in many countries and should not be allowed on this forum either.

I am really sorry for this off-topic but I just can't stand stupid comments of this guy anymore.

The building itself is amazing.
Comunism itself is no bad, but the Stalin system was very arguable. And i need to say, itd be really sad if you trusted the West media without analysing the question on your own. Sorry for offtopic, if you want to talk about it, create a thread in the skybar and we will discuss.
And to the point: i love this building, at least because of its appearance, its really recognizable.
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #2449
jerseyboi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 519

Quote:
Without Communism or North Korea, that building would never even have been built, in future if they build somthing bigger and better don't complain like you did. Korea will be united by DPRK, and you can visit NK easy, unless your Goerge Bush or Obama, then we have huge a problem.lol
Not any chance of both Korea's uniting because one is a multi party democracy and other is a one party miltary state. (they dont go together)

Last edited by jerseyboi; April 5th, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
jerseyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #2450
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
When it is finished it will not. It may have some problems from the long On-hold time, but everything will get repaired.

By an outside company?

All the 'problems' seem to have come from them trying to do something on their own, juche?

Last edited by Scrapernab2; April 5th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #2451
Wile E. Coyote
Super Genius

Likes (Received): 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboi View Post
Not any chance of both Korea's uniting because one is a multi party democracy and other is a one party state. (they dont go together)
Think about Germany...
and tanjir pasulja pun!
Wile E. Coyote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #2452
EuroVison
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboi View Post
Not any chance of both Korea's uniting because one is a multi party democracy and other is a one party miltary state. (they dont go together)

What I mean is a war and if one wins. It might be sad, but if they get nuked then no one will ever see that hotel again.
Old April 6th, 2011, 03:04 AM   #2453
geoking66

Likes (Received): 6864

Capitalism built the computer and Internet through which you can post on this forum, just saying.
geoking66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #2454
EuroVison
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
Capitalism built the computer and Internet through which you can post on this forum, just saying.

Communism brought you Tetris. Communism brought you the Ryugyong Hotel. Whats your point.
How much does the hotel increase image of N.Korea?
Old April 6th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #2455
fozzy

Likes (Received): 82

I quite like the look of this building but hey ho why build such a large hotel in a country that nobody visits?
fozzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #2456
crskyline

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Thats your opinion, get your facts right, learn the difference between fact and opinion. The usa and really??? Europe is not a country!!! maybe your thinking European Union. The European Union sucks, and so does the usa. The resion the USSR collapsed is because the spent too much on building weapons. China is a Communist nation and they are going strong, while the usa and eu are in a deep recesion. I know europe pretty well and i can tell that they are going down all the way to the ground and i know the usa well too, and they are going down too. If you think you can prove somthing by posting gay things, then just dont post at all, im not going to answer to you again.
The word "suck" is just a degrading word that has no particular meaning. U.S and Europe will NOT collapse. U.S has only 1/4 the population as China but has 3x the GDP. U.S has army and navy stationed worldwide while China do not even dare to set foot on Taiwan. The ideology of communism is great, but no communist nation today are practising communism with true communist ideologies, they are just using communism as a reason to centralise the power and exploit its citizens.
crskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:04 AM   #2457
IngMarco

Likes (Received): 2628

Could you please stop discussing about communism or capitalism? It's really off-topic at an urbanism forum... and kind of stupid.
IngMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #2458
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5327

Quote:
What I mean is a war and if one wins. It might be sad, but if they get nuked then no one will ever see that hotel again.
I wont cry for that:

BTW this is wat you can read on the Official N-K website:

Quote:
Korea is an independent and sovereign state, but the southern part of the country is still controlled by imperialist interests and US troops. If any south Korean citizen so much as tries to visit North Korea by crossing the huge concrete wall, he will be met with deadly force from the American soldiers. The so-called “Security Law” in south Korea forbids any south Korean citizen from talking or even reading about the North by threat of imprisonment or even execution
http://www.korea-dpr.com/reunification.htm

That just beats everything NK leaders are insane and brainwashed themselves...They have said it so many times they now believe it also
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2459
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

By the way, this "Official Webpage of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea" is run by the Korean Friendship Association, a group of pro-North Korean foreigners. There are other websites that really are run by North Korean government bodies. In any case, North Korean propaganda is not necessarily a reliable indication of what the country's leaders really think or believe.
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #2460
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
How much does the hotel increase image of N.Korea?
In my mind, it increases the image of Orascom, an Egyptian company.

It is a solid reminder that the NK guys could not get it right without OUTSIDE HELP. Juche!
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel