daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #2621
EuropeanChancellor
Registered User
 
EuropeanChancellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: You talkin' to me?
Posts: 162
Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif iqbal View Post
how many people in NK have mobiles?
5 - Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un, one general and the rest is Kim Jong Il and Un mistresses
EuropeanChancellor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #2622
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,389
Likes (Received): 8365

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanChancellor View Post
5 - Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un, one general and the rest is Kim Jong Il and Un mistresses
i saw documentories about them and had to laugh when i heard that he has actually 3 sons, but one is always drunk in macao and the other one partying on singaporean rock concerts
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #2623
asif iqbal
Registered User
 
asif iqbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 890
Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
i saw documentories about them and had to laugh when i heard that he has actually 3 sons, but one is always drunk in macao and the other one partying on singaporean rock concerts
it makes me feel sick to the stomach to think that the decent hard working people of North Korea are being starved to death when thier "leaders" are attending partys in other countrys

it is ths responsibility of the international community to end this sick and sadistic regime, there is no place for leaders such as they in this day and age

UN should send out a arrest warrent for these criminals and international court of justice should bring them to account for thier crimes
asif iqbal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:25 AM   #2624
shalom69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Keep political comments out of this thread. Criticisms can be made for Israel, the US and many other countries with a large global footprint as well. Such comments come off as ignorant.

Keep posts here about the Ryugyong Hotel.
shalom69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #2625
Copperknickers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 336
Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom69 View Post
Keep political comments out of this thread. Criticisms can be made for Israel, the US and many other countries with a large global footprint as well. Such comments come off as ignorant.

Keep posts here about the Ryugyong Hotel.
One can hardly compare questionable foreign policy with Stalinist style labour and concentration camps and political cleansing programs. It is an extremely pertinent question how this hotel was built in a country where people are starving to death. It is supposed to be finished by next year to mark the 100th anniversary of the birth of Kim il-Sung, but there are serious questions about it's concrete and design quality. Still, at least guests will have a good view of their glorious nation from the revolving hotel at the top. Or at least they would, if there was anything else to see in Pyongyang, seeing as the hotel is the largest building in the country by an astronomical margin.
Copperknickers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:09 AM   #2626
darkie_one
Registered User
 
darkie_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 2,543
Likes (Received): 1869

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamxeddiex View Post
I like this supertall, after I made this I was looking at it and thinking... They should have built it taller.
Just remember, they started building it in 1980's, so it was very ambitious at that time
darkie_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #2627
PeoplePower
BANNED
 
PeoplePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie_one View Post
Just remember, they started building it in 1980's, so it was very ambitious at that time

If it was finished in the 80s it would seem futuristic, a real anachronism.
PeoplePower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #2628
rigatoni
Registered User
 
rigatoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 38
Likes (Received): 0

Instead of building this, Kim Jong Il could more cheaply have just lined up his people and peed on them from atop a golden litter.
__________________
Build Up, and Up, and Up, and Up, and Up, and Up.
rigatoni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #2629
Wile E. Coyote
Super Genius
 
Wile E. Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Munze Konza!
Posts: 893
Likes (Received): 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynareth View Post
I think the US should do something about it since it's trying to act as a "global caretaker".
I think this is not a place to discuss such things.
__________________
I like cigars,
I like rum,
I like pretty baby,
and tanjir pasulja pun!
Wile E. Coyote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #2630
Hendycfc
Registered User
 
Hendycfc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rotterdam/Glasgow
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 426

I do t understand why they are building this? Who is going to stay in it? .. The city already has hotels which rarely have anyone stay in them.

Also to the guy who said china would back up north Korea in a war... No chance. China is getting most of it's money from the us buying it's exports and it isn't exactly going to want to start ww3 with the US because some small nation thinks south Korea and America want to take over it. I despise the north Korean leader.
Hendycfc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #2631
PeoplePower
BANNED
 
PeoplePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendycfc View Post
I do t understand why they are building this? Who is going to stay in it? .. The city already has hotels which rarely have anyone stay in them.

Also to the guy who said china would back up north Korea in a war... No chance. China is getting most of it's money from the us buying it's exports and it isn't exactly going to want to start ww3 with the US because some small nation thinks south Korea and America want to take over it. I despise the north Korean leader.

Did you ever read about the building, have you ever heard of a word called "multi-purpose?" And not just hotel? I think its time for you to go back to school

And for the poorly written second part of your post, China does'nt need the USA very much. China's exports go all over the world not just the US, and with a war they would just sell their exports to other countries. Have you ever heard about a country which ended in the 90s, late 80s, called East Germany? East Germany was the first to get invaded by capitalist pigs, then the whole USSR fell apart and got invaded too [by invaded I mean stolen by filthy capitalists.] If NK goes, so does China. Same story. NK is China's East Germany. And if there would be a war the ryugyong hotel would most likely be destroyed.

Last edited by PeoplePower; July 6th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
PeoplePower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #2632
King of Construction
skyscraperized
 
King of Construction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kelpen-Oler
Posts: 801
Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplePower View Post
Did you ever read about the building, have you ever heard of a word called "multi-purpose?" And not just hotel? I think its time for you to go back to school

And for the poorly written second part of your post, China does'nt need the USA very much. China's exports go all over the world not just the US, and with a war they would just sell their exports to other countries. Have you ever heard about a country which ended in the 90s, late 80s, called East Germany? East Germany was the first to get invaded by capitalist pigs, then the whole USSR fell apart and got invaded too [by invaded I mean stolen by filthy capitalists.] If NK goes, so does China. Same story. NK is China's East Germany. And if there would be a war the ryugyong hotel would most likely be destroyed.
I said it before, and will say it once again: BAN this idiot.

He can have his opinion but like how he says it with words as capitalist pigs, stolen by filthy capitalists etc.

By the way got East Germany got invaded?
The people where very happy when Germany became united again.
Never heard any story about all the people trying to flee to West Germany
where everything was better. Still nowadays East Germans have scars of
the communist time. I don't know if you've ever been there but it's full of
same looking black concrete depressing apartment blocks.

Edit: I just got very off topic and am sorry for that, to say something on topic:

this tower looks great!
__________________
As finishing touch, God created the Dutch

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #2633
krkseg1ops
Registered User
 
krkseg1ops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kraków - dawna stolica Polaków
Posts: 1,930
Likes (Received): 1186

It always struck me how people here could carry on with offtopic shit, including moderators, and nothing would happen to them.
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #2634
Hendycfc
Registered User
 
Hendycfc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rotterdam/Glasgow
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplePower View Post
Did you ever read about the building, have you ever heard of a word called "multi-purpose?" And not just hotel? I think its time for you to go back to school

And for the poorly written second part of your post, China does'nt need the USA very much. China's exports go all over the world not just the US, and with a war they would just sell their exports to other countries. Have you ever heard about a country which ended in the 90s, late 80s, called East Germany? East Germany was the first to get invaded by capitalist pigs, then the whole USSR fell apart and got invaded too [by invaded I mean stolen by filthy capitalists.] If NK goes, so does China. Same story. NK is China's East Germany. And if there would be a war the ryugyong hotel would most likely be destroyed.
Sorry for going off topic... I don't mind if this guy could have a chat with me on another site because he is so wrong. Call us capitalist pigs all you want
but which countries leader was the cause for millions and millions of deaths ... Was it Mao? And yes I admit some capitalists politicians are greedy but it nothing compared to the corruption in your system. I have anything against communism but I don't like how the countries govern it. Don't dare call us anything because your human rights record it awfell. Actually I am in school as I am 15 years old. I may not be right about everything but you are so deluded it is unbelievable. Carry on thinking you are unstoppable but the only way china can become the most powerful country is to clean up it human rights record. I don't mind discussing this on another website. Oh and don't call me an American pig or anything else as I am not american. You honestly think America will touch china if north Korea is brought down? No... I just hope they can live peacefully.
Hendycfc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #2635
PeoplePower
BANNED
 
PeoplePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 10

So basicly all you people are supportive of the western world, and capitalism. The reason I call you thos evil names is because it is true. You are the most terrible and most distructive threat to man kind and everything on this earth including ryugyong hotel. You support the distruction of yourselves into becoming slaves of the elite worm, and you are happy to announce your support for enslaving yourself, i bet you all want to bash the ryugyong hotel because of your jealousy it is not in nyc or some capitalist country. Have you ever heard about the NWO? It stands for the New World Order. They plan to kill 4 billion of you guys and leaving 2 billion humans alive as slaves. They plan to build megacities which the slaves can huddle around begging for food from the elites of capitalism. I can tell by that time it skyscrapercity will be all about support for the elites and building your megacities. In say 50 years the ryugyong hotel and other buildings will be destroyed to build this NWO supercities. And it also means that we have no future unless you wake up and fight the capitalist worms who sucked you into this slavery. It doesnt matter if I get banned or what not, I am unstoppable, god is on my side.

And to "Queen Of Construction" that was the west who was happy at the time, and NATO so they could form the "One Europe" which is called the EU. I can bet you never even been to Germany or ever even met a German in real life. What most East Germans want today is East Germany back, the west does'nt care as long as they can have more land and people to feed from. Most East Germans after reunification did not even like West Berlin when they saw it. I say it know, ban the queen of construction! Look how much she got us off-topic.

If you happen to see that nothing is perfect. If you counted every post wich goes off topic, i can tell all the mods could have banned a few thousand people. If you want a perfect forum why dont you just have bots post "Good Photographs" on every single page and not let any humans use the forum, at liest its a good start.
PeoplePower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #2636
parsonsnose
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 512
Likes (Received): 26



Can I have some of what he's on?
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #2637
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher
 
Uaarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Side Flint
Posts: 2,538
Likes (Received): 1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplePower View Post
So basicly all you people are supportive of the western world, and capitalism. The reason I call you thos evil names is because it is true. You are the most terrible and most distructive threat to man kind and everything on this earth including ryugyong hotel. You support the distruction of yourselves into becoming slaves of the elite worm, and you are happy to announce your support for enslaving yourself, i bet you all want to bash the ryugyong hotel because of your jealousy it is not in nyc or some capitalist country. Have you ever heard about the NWO? It stands for the New World Order. They plan to kill 4 billion of you guys and leaving 2 billion humans alive as slaves. They plan to build megacities which the slaves can huddle around begging for food from the elites of capitalism. I can tell by that time it skyscrapercity will be all about support for the elites and building your megacities. In say 50 years the ryugyong hotel and other buildings will be destroyed to build this NWO supercities. And it also means that we have no future unless you wake up and fight the capitalist worms who sucked you into this slavery. It doesnt matter if I get banned or what not, I am unstoppable, god is on my side.

And to "Queen Of Construction" that was the west who was happy at the time, and NATO so they could form the "One Europe" which is called the EU. I can bet you never even been to Germany or ever even met a German in real life. What most East Germans want today is East Germany back, the west does'nt care as long as they can have more land and people to feed from. Most East Germans after reunification did not even like West Berlin when they saw it. I say it know, ban the queen of construction! Look how much she got us off-topic.

If you happen to see that nothing is perfect. If you counted every post wich goes off topic, i can tell all the mods could have banned a few thousand people. If you want a perfect forum why dont you just have bots post "Good Photographs" on every single page and not let any humans use the forum, at liest its a good start.
I feel bad for you. I can't imagine being so stupid that I must live in fear every day of my life.

Are you autistic, by chance? It's the only plausible explanation I can think of for your ability to hold these beliefs and breathe at the same time.
__________________
Manhattan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1MySJoFl8&hd=1 (HD)
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 04:50 AM   #2638
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto
 
Innsertnamehere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,961
Likes (Received): 681

i hold an open mind, and understand that some people still support communism. though the other things you say just make it plain impossible for me to take you seriously. NWO, wtf is that? good luck convincing anyone about that one. i dare you to go to what was once east germany, and ask them if they want it back. %99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999 will say no, %100 guaranteed!
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #2639
PeoplePower
BANNED
 
PeoplePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
i hold an open mind, and understand that some people still support communism. though the other things you say just make it plain impossible for me to take you seriously. NWO, wtf is that? good luck convincing anyone about that one. i dare you to go to what was once east germany, and ask them if they want it back. %99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999 will say no, %100 guaranteed!

New World Order. Has a looooooooooooong history, nothing new.
watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO24XmP1c5E


There was a survey done about that, it was 52% said they wanted East Germany back. Learn to read stats, not make up your own.


Ryugyong hotel is one of the best towers in the world, still looks futuristic.
PeoplePower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #2640
Aztecgoddess
Sui Generis
 
Aztecgoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,188
Likes (Received): 945

+1
One of my all time favorites
__________________


Quite a boring person



Aztecgoddess no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium