daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #2641
TallFan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplePower View Post
New World Order. Has a looooooooooooong history, nothing new.
watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO24XmP1c5E

There was a survey done about that, it was 52% said they wanted East Germany back. Learn to read stats, not make up your own.

Ryugyong hotel is one of the best towers in the world, still looks futuristic.
You are either:

A) a troll getting your jollies from others reaction to your posts or
B) Seriously delusional and mentally suspect.

Either way, I would suggest other members of the forum ought to simply ignore this person as I will from this point on.
TallFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #2642
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

You people are giving PeoplePower exactly what he want's which apparently is attention. He is poor, but we can't dedicate too much time for him since its offtopic here.

So please instead of answering him do what I have done:

1. Click the liltle red triangle icon on the left bottom side on any of his posts
2. Write something like:

"Please ban the user PeoplePower. He trolls the threads, successfully provokes quarrels, insults people both in particular and general, is constantly offtopic in many threads, and has extremely stupid signature."

If he gets enough "votes" he will be satisfied in terms of popularity and we will be free of him. Everybody's win
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #2643
miau
In the brig

Likes (Received): 5312

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplePower View Post
There was a survey done about that, it was 52% said they wanted East Germany back. Learn to read stats, not make up your own.
That is simply wrong.
miau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #2644
mindgoessnap

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
If he gets enough "votes" he will be satisfied in terms of popularity and we will be free of him. Everybody's win
Done and done. The reporting part at least. Now we wait for the admins to judge things.
mindgoessnap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #2645
Chidory
BANNED

Likes (Received): 46

North Corea is Best corea
Chidory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #2646
Hendycfc

Likes (Received): 422

I bet you have heard this off your government propaganda newspapers. You
think east Germany want to go back to the way they were? They were starving, oppressed by the communists and they wanted to escape- through holes, washing lines, car boots and even weather ballons. Your comeback reason for calling us pigs is because you believe in some conspiracy therioes. I wonder what your government would do if it took over the world. Suppress us with their propaganda and secret police, turn us into slaves, put us into concentration camps.... Hmmm seems similar to this futuristic NWO. The thing iis you are already living in an oppressed world. So call us pigs but there is nothing I enjoy more than freedom and to voice my opinion and use my free speech unlike you.

And to "Queen Of Construction" that was the west who was happy at the time, and NATO so they could form the "One Europe" which is called the EU. I can bet you never even been to Germany or ever even met a German in real life. What most East Germans want today is East Germany back, the west does'nt care as long as they can have more land and people to feed from. Most East Germans after reunification did not even like West Berlin when they saw it. I say it know, ban the queen of construction! Look how much she got us off-topic.

If you happen to see that nothing is perfect. If you counted every post wich goes off topic, i can tell all the mods could have banned a few thousand people. If you want a perfect forum why dont you just have bots post "Good Photographs" on every single page and not let any humans use the forum, at liest its a good start.[/QUOTE]
Hendycfc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #2647
PeoplePower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
You people are giving PeoplePower exactly what he want's which apparently is attention. He is poor, but we can't dedicate too much time for him since its offtopic here.

So please instead of answering him do what I have done:

1. Click the liltle red triangle icon on the left bottom side on any of his posts
2. Write something like:

"Please ban the user PeoplePower. He trolls the threads, successfully provokes quarrels, insults people both in particular and general, is constantly offtopic in many threads, and has extremely stupid signature."

You may ban my profile, but you wont ban me.
And you are a illuminati! Kill all illuminatis! Everyone knows that the bildenberg group, or illuminati are behind the libyan civil war, thats why you want my sig down. In many threads? Are you that of an idiot? this is only one im off topic in. BUT at least it gets attention to the Ryugyong Hotel lol. Go back to the bohemium grove and kill some children in a sacrifice and maybe you'll forget about me.
PeoplePower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #2648
Spandex

Likes (Received): 1

Strange building. I guess all that glass could have bought the people there some nutrition. I wonder how many of those floors will be empty concrete caves once it's "finished"
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #2649
sweet-d

Likes (Received): 265

Just ignore peoplepower i ignored him when he quoted me and started spewing north korean rhetoric and that was the end of it. He's not worth any ones time.
sweet-d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 03:37 AM   #2650
Pfeuffer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 405

[QUOTE=Hendycfc;81048088]I bet you have heard this off your government propaganda newspapers. You
think east Germany want to go back to the way they were? They were starving, oppressed by the communists and they wanted to escape- through holes, washing lines, car boots and even weather ballons.

no one was starving in the GDR, so don`t exaggerate.
Pfeuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #2651
Swiddle

Likes (Received): 293

I bet PeoplePower is EuroVision. EuroVision (banned) last posted on April 27th, 2011. PeoplePower joined on April 27th, 2011.
Swiddle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #2652
nr23Derek

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandex View Post
I wonder how many of those floors will be empty concrete caves once it's "finished"
Sadly I suspect quite a lot, if not most, it will be dark at night.

Without wanting to get into the boring and off topic banter going on here about politics, it has to be accepted this is no ordinary building constructed for a real purpose. It is a huge folly - by far the biggest folly in the world in fact.

That said of course, being a huge folly is noteworthy in itself and really could only have happened in somewhere like NK, not that there is anywhere else quite like NK of course.

I'd love to see the thing though, it is quite a unique design.

Derek
nr23Derek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #2653
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

probably not the biggest folly in the entire world, but deffinately the biggest architectural folly. i honestly feel bad for people in north korea. theyre stuck 50 years in the past because of a few worthless power hungry fools and this building does nothing but symbolize that fact.
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #2654
nr23Derek

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Using A Computer View Post
probably not the biggest folly in the entire world, but deffinately the biggest architectural folly.
At the risk of going off topic (albeit in amuch nicer direction) I'm hard pushed to think of a folly that comes close to this in scale, let alone exceeds it.

Surely all follies are buildings and hence achitectural, aren't they?

Derek
nr23Derek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #2655
adam_uk

Likes (Received): 13

peoplepower is mentally ill forgive him everyone.
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #2656
King of Construction
skyscraperized

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_uk View Post
peoplepower is mentally ill forgive him everyone.
Apparently the mods couldn't forgive him because he is finally banned.

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #2657
mindgoessnap

Likes (Received): 43

Hopefully I will be able to see this building in person at some point. It's pretty unique! But since I am an American citizen, I've got a better chance of having a snowball fight in hell. Maybe one day...
mindgoessnap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #2658
EuropeanChancellor

Likes (Received): 34

Well... the people in north korea are starving, even the army canīt feed its soldiers. Kim Jong Il is going to be succeeded by his son. The economy isnīt working at all, substantial propaganda etc. so I think that NK people might get pissed of all of this and start a revolution... The same is happening to Cuba, hold on and you will visit this skyscraper in person
EuropeanChancellor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #2659
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindgoessnap View Post
Hopefully I will be able to see this building in person at some point. It's pretty unique! But since I am an American citizen, I've got a better chance of having a snowball fight in hell. Maybe one day...
Americans can visit NK. There's a great Flickr photostream from a guy in Illinois who visits. That said, it's not easily done and one must jump through some hoops. Even in tense times people from around the world have visited and bring back great glimpses of that society. The key is to be respectful!
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #2660
EuropeanChancellor

Likes (Received): 34

One of my family friend was a Czech ambassador in North Korea before 1989, you canīt imagine how the regime was tough But he says that eating their food is out of this world experience
EuropeanChancellor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel