daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 04:15 AM   #3021
o2cando
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

these photos are 2 months old :s
o2cando no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2011, 04:19 AM   #3022
Los Earth

Likes (Received): 160

yay
Los Earth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM   #3023
tupperware
experto en cosas

Likes (Received): 700

image hosted on flickr

I cant believe who this photo is real and not render, never I suspect this tower finished :O

I wanna see also a insade photo
tupperware no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #3024
KillerFrenchFry

Likes (Received): 0

Well, me too, but there's barely any interior pics of NK's other hotels, which have been open since at least the 1980's.
KillerFrenchFry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:33 AM   #3025
gunslinger

Likes (Received): 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupperware View Post
image hosted on flickr
*in Quake 2 voice* Oppressive Impressive!
gunslinger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #3026
Bubo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Beautiful construction. The history of this hotel is really fascinating.
Bubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #3027
Skymaster

Likes (Received): 15

From certain angles it looks like a jet thats about to launch from a rocket ship position.
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #3028
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8512

04 November 2011

[IMG]http://i40.************/15rh1zk.jpg[/IMG]
by dutchct
kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #3029
CompayEE
CompayEE

Likes (Received): 29

Very latest photo of Ryugyong, Pyongyang and N. Korea

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediace...rea-in-autumn/

In this Monday, Oct. 24, 2011 photo, the sky turns shades of purple over the 105-story Ryugyong Hotel, which remains under construction, as the sun sets over Pyongyang, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Tuesday Oct. 4, 2011 photo, a commuter passes through the shining headlights on a street in Pyongyang, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Thursday Oct. 6, 2011 photo, North Korean children line up wearing inline skates as they practice in preparation for a celebration event in the eastern coastal city of Wonsan, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Tuesday Oct. 4, 2011 photo, North Korean farmland on the edge of Pyongyang, North Korea, is seen from the air. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 photo, North Koreans prepare meals at a fast food restaurant at the Kaeson Youth Amusement Park in Pyongyang, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Tuesday Oct. 11, 2011 photo, North Korean construction workers rebuild a section of the Mansudae neighborhood of Pyongyang, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Sunday Oct. 9, 2011 photo, a North Korean man lifts his child up as they arrive at the top of the escalator at Pyongyang Department Store No. 1 in downtown Pyongyang, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Friday Aug. 26, 2011, photo, a North Korean woman walks across a bridge as the Tower of the Juche Idea stands on the river bank in Pyongyang, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Wednesday Oct. 5, 2011 photo, North Korean students at Pyongyang University of Science and Technology descend the stairs after a seminar and lecture. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2011 photo, a woman pushes a bicycle along a road past farm houses near the town of Sariwon, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)

In this Friday Oct. 7, 2011 photo, North Korean hikers cook using grills as they have a picnic lunch in the forest on Mount Kumgang, North Korea. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)
CompayEE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #3030
tupperware
experto en cosas

amazing
Old November 4th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #3031
mediadave

Likes (Received): 2

Gosh. More evidence that North Korea has normal people in it living normal lives.

They must be actors!
mediadave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #3032
tupperware
experto en cosas

not necesary, maybe 1% of population have a good lifre style is enough, sufficient to show that Koreans live well, while not see poverty in the photos ...
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #3033
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Ryugyong hotel may be actually a giant inter-continental missile with a nuke warhead at the top. Beware!
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #3034
CompayEE
CompayEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediadave View Post
Gosh. More evidence that North Korea has normal people in it living normal lives.

They must be actors!
Yeah, sure! A dip into the NKorean 'reality' instantly shatters all the false ideas, prejudices and misconceptions that suited so well the NK = Axis of Evil war of words.

It is not the NKoreans' fault that the rest of the world refuses to accept that the reality of that country is quite different to what they imagine life in NK is like. In other words, it is quite clear to me that life in NK is not as bad and grim as many of us are duped into believing by the neocon propaganda.

A picture paints a thousand words. These NK photos speak for themselves
and we should not ignore the reality depicted by them in favour of malicious and propagandistic nonsense intend to unfairly demonize the people of NK.

P.S. Let us not forget that these photos were taken by American journalists.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #3035
CompayEE
CompayEE

Quote:
not necesary, maybe 1% of population have a good lifre style...
Well, that is your own guess work, your own estimate. You are free to retreat into a reality of your own making. Yet the reality on the ground as depicted by neutral journalists contradicts your patronizing assumption.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #3036
tupperware
experto en cosas

sure if I have no idea what the real truth of this country so isolated by the media. I only manage to guess what a blog read by reports in newspapers around the world on TV etc ... hopefully North Korea has been really good, it would mean that communism is a failure so complete as we want to sell every day ... I hope one day to visit this country really fascinates me ...
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #3037
CompayEE
CompayEE

Quote:
sure if I have no idea what the real truth of this country so isolated by the media. I only manage to guess what a blog read by reports in newspapers around the world on TV etc ... hopefully North Korea has been really good, it would mean that communism is a failure so complete as we want to sell every day ... I hope one day to visit this country really fascinates me ...
So do I. Perhaps I will be in for a rude awakening to reality. The truth is that it is difficult to tell for sure how life is like in NK. One thing is certain: the cult of the personality of Kim is disturbing.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #3038
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

It's interesting to see how dark-skinned many of the people are here. Whenever I think of Koreans, I always think of all the pale people (particularly girls and women) I saw in the South when I went there this past summer.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #3039
TheZoolooMaster

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
It's interesting to see how dark-skinned many of the people are here. Whenever I think of Koreans, I always think of all the pale people (particularly girls and women) I saw in the South when I went there this past summer.
More than anything (including ethnic differences) the reason South Koreans may be so pale is that they still consider fair skin to be aesthetically pleasing, the exact opposite of the trend in the western world today, where fair skin is associated with ill-health -- you have to be tanned. I know for a fact that China has a huge market for skin whitening creams; it's quite frightening. :P Perhaps the same is true for South Korea.
I also wonder if the proportion of farmers in North Korea is substantially greater than in the South. And as you know, manual outdoor labour will eventually give you a tan, hence the traditional stigma associated to it.
TheZoolooMaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #3040
tupperware
experto en cosas

mongolian?

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel