daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM   #3341
DZH22

Likes (Received): 2091

This is a really cool looking building! It's too bad the whole country will probably be bombed off the face of the earth within the next decade or so.
DZH22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:52 AM   #3342
nr23Derek

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH22 View Post
This is a really cool looking building! It's too bad the whole country will probably be bombed off the face of the earth within the next decade or so.
Well, that's the usual way to save people from an oppresive regime so you're probably right.

Anyway, let's see some more of the hotel please! I do find it odd that we're not seeing some kind of official hype about it.

Derek
nr23Derek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM   #3343
Igor Antunov
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

^ Above two comments reek of ignorance and idiocy.

And yes, this structure is great. Would like to see what's inside as well.
Igor Antunov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM   #3344
ddxv
forests

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge
Anything to back this up.
I really would like to know where you got the info about that tourist can go freely in PY.
ooh has a point

Two friends of mine have gone within the past year. One American and one Chinese.

I think they said you are heavily restricted in where you can go. In py you are on an island that you can't leave but by the tour bus.

Alao, both reported that you do have rules of what you can take pictures of but aren't too strict about it.

My Chinese friend who speaks Korean snuck off the island in py because he wanted to talk to people. Everyone was normal he said but the guards caught up with him and made him delete his pictures on his camera that he'd taken.

My American friend said he took pictures of a bunch if kids playing in the dirt, and they asked him to delete it and he just kinda said, ih yeah sure and then didn't. Haha
ddxv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM   #3345
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

yep, seems like everything is as it is believed to be. Igor Antunov is just making stories here.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM   #3346
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

I had hopes that we would see changes in NK with the new leader. It seems like they are up to the same old games, and probably will never let the outside know about the real condition of the structure of this hotel. It may stand for 1000 years, it may fall tomorrow. Especially after the latest threat:

North Korea said Monday that it would soon initiate "special actions" aimed at destroying the South Korean president and his government.

North Korean armed forces will use "unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style" to carry out the actions, the official Korean Central News Agency said in a report, adding that the operation would take 3 or 4 minutes.

It did not specify what those actions would involve.

An unusual broadcast on North Korean state television also announced the planned measures and showed images of people throwing rocks at a caricature of Lee Myung-bak, the South Korean president.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:25 PM   #3347
DZH22

Likes (Received): 2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Antunov View Post
You're right, NK's brash new leader will probably bring this upon the country much sooner. It's unfortunate, but this is also why most world leaders aren't in their 20's.
DZH22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #3348
JamesinOz1

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH22 View Post
You're right, NK's brash new leader will probably bring this upon the country much sooner. It's unfortunate, but this is also why most world leaders aren't in their 20's.
He must be an exquisitely screwed up individual, raised as the heir-apparent by his deranged father in the complete isolation of NK's luxury elite compounds, surrounded by people in abject poverty forced to worship him like a deity. He must view most people as non-humans.
JamesinOz1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #3349
nr23Derek

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
If that means my comment, it was meant to be sarcastic.

But I do wonder why we're not hearing or seeing anything about the hotel? I do wonder if it's a bit like the recent rocket launch that failed which simply didn't get a mention at the recent birhtday bash. I'm sure if the hotel was close to being used it would have been highlighted in some way, or at least used as a backdrop to some parade or fireworks.

Derek
nr23Derek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #3350
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

It's quite obvious to me. If the interiors will be ready (hotel part) they will most certainly show it to the public. If not they obviously won't.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #3351
Igor Antunov
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesinOz1 View Post
He must be an exquisitely screwed up individual, raised as the heir-apparent by his deranged father in the complete isolation of NK's luxury elite compounds, surrounded by people in abject poverty forced to worship him like a deity. He must view most people as non-humans.
He spent his youth getting educated in switzerland. Assumptions based on nothing are no fun.

As for the hotel, which this thread is about, we will get more info soon. I suspect it will be complete by the end of 2012.
Igor Antunov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #3352
JamesinOz1

Quote:
He spent his youth getting educated in switzerland. Assumptions based on nothing are no fun.

As for the hotel, which this thread is about, we will get more info soon. I suspect it will be complete by the end of 2012.
I guess we'll know if he pops off a few nukes in anger.
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #3353
Northridge

Likes (Received): 72

If the hotel will be open for tourists, I might consider a trip there some time.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #3354
JamesinOz1

Yup, he's going to pop off a nuke anytime now...

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...-tuesday-night
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #3355
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

If South Korea retaliates against Pyongyang, at least don't screw up this wonderful building.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #3356
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8509

06 April by -Alleghany-

20 April by Joseph A Ferris III

kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #3357
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Vegas baby!
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #3358
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

AMAZING pictures! I'll say it will be completed by the end of the year.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #3359
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddxv View Post
My American friend said he took pictures of a bunch if kids playing in the dirt, and they asked him to delete it and he just kinda said, ih yeah sure and then didn't. Haha
Haha. If anyone finds out, it's off to the gulag for those guards and their families and cousins.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #3360
MattSid
Anti-Catholic User

Likes (Received): 576

I had an orgasm...that's the first foto from the building site that was ever released (please correct me if I'm wrong), now we waiting for the interiors.

Anyway...I love how the sky is reflected upon the facede
MattSid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel