daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #3881
Trnovo

Likes (Received): 52

Reminds me a little of our highest mountain Triglav (literally means three-headed)

I like it
Trnovo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #3882
Tandax

Likes (Received): 451

Slovenia? Yes i can see a slight resemblance.
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #3883
Trnovo

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandax View Post
Slovenia? Yes i can see a slight resemblance.
Yep, our lovely country, with no skyscrapers :-(
Trnovo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #3884
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8509

Oct 11

DSC_0302 von yackshack auf Flickr
kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #3885
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1142

Beautiful!
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #3886
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Amazing.. I have never seen a bad photo of this building when it was completed.

Quote:
I still hope something wrong happens to the building, without any injury to any people whatsoever, and it cannot be occupied or has to be closed or cannot be used for its intended purpose.
Disgusting statement.
This masterpiece should get the opposite, it deserves EXTRA reinforcement to make it even safer.

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; October 30th, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #3887
zbieraj
Co się gapisz?

Back off. Everyone got his/her opinion about this building. How you can write that someone is wrong about his opinion?

IMHO (and every other architect that I know) this is a great example how not to design highrises in architetural and urban planning meaning. If you like it then ok, I accept your opinion.
zbieraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #3888
ThatOneGuy

He is wishing death on the building, that's not just an opinion. Wishing those many years of hard work and money to be instantly gone. If he said "I can't stand the building" it would be fine.
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #3889
IngMarco

Likes (Received): 2626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Don't bully him! He's right. If the building would collapse now it would be the best case scenario. If not, then it probably would do so once it is full of people and that would be far worse with far more casualties
Are you an engineer? How are you in some way informed to assure such statement? You know nothing, stick to the reality or otherwise demonstrate how is this beauty nearing collapse already.
IngMarco está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:01 AM   #3890
ThatOneGuy

He doesn't know.
He will retaliate by pointing to an old picture of the building with dirty concrete, and a few centimeters of misalignment that was probably caused due to the fact that the forms were placed manually and not calculated by computers (which has little effect on the concrete quality). He forgets the fact that the concrete is 1-2 feet thick, and that the same Russian materials went into building other structures that were bombed, burned and left exposed to the elements for many years, but were renovated and still stand today. He will also point to a report that stated some problems with the building while completely ignoring the other report stating few problems were found.

But nobody can be fully sure.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; October 30th, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #3891
krkseg1ops

This building is the cause of all misery in the world because it's from DPRK. If it were from another location, it would be the messiah of all supertalls. Funny stuff.
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #3892
Skizo91
Photographer

Likes (Received): 168

I dont understand all the hate on this building... I think it looks great!
Skizo91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3893
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
He doesn't know.
He will retaliate by pointing to an old picture of the building with dirty concrete, and a few centimeters of misalignment that was probably caused due to the fact that the forms were placed manually and not calculated by computers (which has little effect on the concrete quality). He forgets the fact that the concrete is 1-2 feet thick, and that the same Russian materials went into building other structures that were bombed, burned and left exposed to the elements for many years, but were renovated and still stand today. He will also point to a report that stated some problems with the building while completely ignoring the other report stating few problems were found.

But nobody can be fully sure.
Oh my, there is not a single grain of truth in this post. All that you have said is nothing more than your imagination without a single grain of evidence to back it up

I base my facts on evidence, like photos and a provable engineering report and the facts are that the perimeter is not 2 feet, but only 10 inches to 1 foot thick in the thickest spots, in the thinner ones it is even thinner, I compared the photos of the windows with shots from similar angles of a bigger window with a 40 cm wall and this wall clearly appeared thicker, despite the window being bigger, putting the walls of the central part of the Slaughterhotel at about 25 - 30 cm

The concrete was not dirty but crumbled on the facade, it can be clearly seen that the outlines of the edges of the balconies are of an irregular shape. This alone is nothing integrity threathening as it are just non load bearing floor slabs, but it gives us an idea of the quality of the concrete

The concrete used in the construction was of very poor quality. Your russian materials and other reports are pure fiction without any data to back them up. The only provable report is the EU report and that speaks clearly of the concrete quality being very poor, the elevator shafts being irregular and the building being irreparable

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #3894
krkseg1ops

Quote:

The only provable report is the EU report and that speaks clearly of the concrete quality being very poor, the elevator shafts being irregular and the building being irreparable
I am from EU and I say this building is feasible for completion. I can even write a report on that. Do you believe me now?
Old October 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #3895
Kanto
Roof height crusader

No, I don't believe you because by report I meant a report after an engineering inspection. You didn't inspect this building, you're just a forumer who says his opinion, nothing more

Old October 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #3896
krkseg1ops

Fair enough, can you give me the credentials of those inspectors who had checked the tower then?
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #3897
Kanto
Roof height crusader

They worked for the European Union itself. If they were credible enough for the EU, they are credible enough for me

Old October 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #3898
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

There was a wonderful picture with red straight lines drawn showing out how poor the alignments were. I'd like to see that again. It all boils down to just one statement: If the quality control of this visible outer surface was/is so poor, what does that say about the construction methods, quality control and material use for the rest of the structure?! You can't prove anything, only take an educated guess. Mine is that Orascom had to do A LOT of structural, as well as cosmetic, repairs. They probably did it right (based on the recent interior photos) throughout the whole building.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=924

Last edited by Scrapernab2; October 30th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #3899
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Here it is

[IMG]http://i47.************/2zswm4o.jpg[/IMG]

And btw, I don't believe that Orascom has done anything more than clad the building and restore its facade so that it is cladable. This is North Korea, the heaven of Potemkin villages and all that we saw of the inside is just the lobby. Besides, the EU report clearly stated that the building is irreparable. However, there is no way for anybody of us to know what Orascom has done or hasn't done. In my opinion the only things about this building that we can know for certain are what the EU report analyzed and what we can see on photos from the outside

Old October 30th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #3900
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3435

Quote:
They worked for the European Union itself. If they were credible enough for the EU, they are credible enough for me
Actually they work for EU Chamber of Commerce, based in S. Korea (as reported by you), which is basically a propaganda/marketing extension of the EU, just like any other countries chamber of commerce, hardly experts on structural concrete or construction for that matter. On the other-side you have Orascom engineers (who I assume you consider incompetent) took on the job of finishing it, obviously we have no idea to what degree its going to be used.
As I already said I really find it amazing how informed some people on this forum are (on both sides pro's/con's) about one the most secretive country today maybe some 'intelligence agency' should hire you on the spot.
But then again both sides of this discussion live from propaganda so i guess that its just fitting.
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel