daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #4181
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Oh my bad. Then I guess you are getting constantly briged and banned for no reason.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #4182
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I got brigged because I started a city vs city debate in a NYC thread, this hasn't got anything to do with this thread. Now can we please go back to discussing the hotel and its owners?
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #4183
Kantotards
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Good, now we can discuss the horrendous ugliness of this tower without all the nonsense. Because it still is a monstrosity of a tower, one of the worst supertall designs ever.

You hate pyramids? What city you live in? Like to see the wonders of your city's architecture to find this Beauty in Nokor as ugly. Wow...
Kantotards no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #4184
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooh View Post
You don't see any pictures of starving North Koreans because no visitor is taken to parts of NoKo where they live. God you must be really naive if you think a tourist or media rep (who are completely controlled on where to go) is going to be taken to areas of poverty and hunger and show the country off in it's worst light.

Rather than you spouting lonely planet (great source of information, a tourist book, written by people taken on a tour by NoKo representatives... come on) maybe you should read some of the reports from actual citizens of NoKo who managed to escape, the ones living their entire lives in prisons or working every day in the fields.

Some people are so naive to the situation in that country, you seem to think it is some sort of media hype just so you don't need to face the reality.

The USA is shipping North Korea 20,000 metric tons of food every month. Why do they ask for this is no-one is starving?

Wake up.

Do you expect NoKor to be better than your country? You don't have to bow down so low to NoKor to start smelling their feet. Your society has flaws as well, like hungry homeless which you don't advertise about either.

By the way USA provide food as due PAYMENT for deal with NoKor. You cannot complain about how other rear end smells bad while your is not exactly spring time air.

Media is profit corporation with rating as primary purpose as "entertainment" than any objective information. You want to learn about NoKor, then ask the professors and educators, in China and Russia, who have studied Nokor with NORMAL relationship , instead of ENEMY Status relations like USA and her allies in politics and economy. You should be smarter than that.
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #4185
Gutovsky

Likes (Received): 5948

Food for payment... That was new.
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #4186
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutovsky View Post
Food for payment... That was new.
Yes, notice when NoKor rejects request by USA. Suddenly, the food exchange stops. Food Aid is based on need of the people, not what you get back in return, then it is due payment and exchange.
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #4187
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Shut up, everyone. Don't fraking start this again. Goddamn.

Despite my love for this building, I think this thread should be locked until there are actual updates because apparently, the page long texts of bullsh*t are pissing everyone else off. And it results in nothing except anger.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #4188
UjaiDidida
Ruzaini Roosfa

Location: Kuala Lumpur Currently in: Johor Bahru From: Bandar Baru Bangi Favourite Food: Nasi Lemak
Likes (Received): 1813

image hosted on flickr

Pyongyang by Edwin van den Bergh, on Flickr
UjaiDidida no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #4189
ooh

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantotards View Post
Do you expect NoKor to be better than your country? You don't have to bow down so low to NoKor to start smelling their feet. Your society has flaws as well, like hungry homeless which you don't advertise about either.

By the way USA provide food as due PAYMENT for deal with NoKor. You cannot complain about how other rear end smells bad while your is not exactly spring time air.

Media is profit corporation with rating as primary purpose as "entertainment" than any objective information. You want to learn about NoKor, then ask the professors and educators, in China and Russia, who have studied Nokor with NORMAL relationship , instead of ENEMY Status relations like USA and her allies in politics and economy. You should be smarter than that.
If I want to learn about NoKo I'll do it through people who have actually been there, who have seen it, photographed it and written about it. Perhaps you should do the same.

USA don't pay NoKo for anything, I've never heard anything so stupid. They send food due to the drastic on-going requirements they have for aid, due to the structure and greed of their leaders and regime. Again, your naivety astounds me.

Thatoneguy I sort of agree, maybe this thread should be locked down to stop comments from people like this from being put up in all their stupidity.
ooh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #4190
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

@Kantotards Just because some people tried to cancel out the western propaganda doesn't mean eastern propaganda is any better.

Both sides put up ridiculous propaganda, like sociopath leaders or USA's payment of north korea, both of which have nothing to do with the building, and destroy this thread for others trying who are trying to enjoy it. Nobody needs political bullsh*t shoved down their throats by one-sided people. They have TV to do that.

UjaiDidia should be the role model here. He posted something relevant to the thread. Can we get more posts like these, instead of garbage, and if not, can we lock the comments until better updates show up?

Probably my favourite pic of this building from far away:

Interesting picture:
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #4191
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
@Kantotards Just because some people tried to cancel out the western propaganda doesn't mean eastern propaganda is any better.

Both sides put up ridiculous propaganda, like sociopath leaders or USA's payment of north korea, both of which have nothing to do with the building, and destroy this thread for others trying who are trying to enjoy it. Nobody needs political bullsh*t shoved down their throats by one-sided people. They have TV to do that.

UjaiDidia should be the role model here. He posted something relevant to the thread. Can we get more posts like these, instead of garbage, and if not, can we lock the comments until better updates show up?

Interesting picture:
What you said about buildings may be true for the purpose of this website but what is good about this building? We build and make things to better our lives. That's what we are really excited about. This one however is a pure commie propaganda in the first place and they did not need this building. Sorry.
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #4192
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1156

Any building higher than 250m is kind of propaganda as well if you put it that way. There is no reasonable justification to build higher unless the area available is really scarce and they need to maximize the profits from the structure (be it residential or commercial).
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #4193
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooh View Post
If I want to learn about NoKo I'll do it through people who have actually been there, who have seen it, photographed it and written about it. Perhaps you should do the same.

USA don't pay NoKo for anything, I've never heard anything so stupid. They send food due to the drastic on-going requirements they have for aid, due to the structure and greed of their leaders and regime. Again, your naivety astounds me.

Thatoneguy I sort of agree, maybe this thread should be locked down to stop comments from people like this from being put up in all their stupidity.
People like Chinese and Russians..... YES, not like those who censors and BLOCK information of COMPLETE NoKor. Your arrogance is amazing; USA asks NoKor to STOP defense improvement such as rockets and missile technology which is NoKor national security.

People should stop talking about POLITICS and GOVERNMENT, period; but don't ask to BLOCK the site because people reply back your naive political view of NoKor. Having said that. More about this beautiful building.
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #4194
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post

Interesting picture:

Yes, you are right. No more reply back to negative political view of NoKor(of their people and politics). More on this beautiful building.

Love these pictures...
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #4195
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal-Biggles View Post
What Architecture is it that you like in North Korea? There is no significant architecturally designed building in the country...you are just basing your taste in the only tall building in the country. Even then, I think it is a crappy postmodern design with no real value other than it is located in North Korea. If you were in the profession either as a designer, architect, historian or student, you would realize that this building is nothing special and possibly a safety concern if you were an engineer. You are like a lot of people on the site, who are mere enthusiasts who support a building because it is tall, rather than in the true architecture. Grow up man.

Actually there are books about NoKor Architecture written by non-North Koreans. There are many beautiful Architectures in NoKor. Hopefully you are engineer to know enough to conclude safety concerns. For many this building is among the most beautiful tall structrures in the world where many of the tall buildings are mostly rectangle. NoKor also have many beautiful classical temple and homes which compares to many of what South Korea have. This building is stronger than many skycrapers that was build in early 1920's which still stands in New York today.(Yes, Nokor technology is better than many of smaller European/Asian/American nations) NoKor technology in Architectures are respected enough to be exported except for nations with political embargo.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #4196
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasTurbo View Post
Well, one thing's for sure though. This'll take the award for the world's most uninhabitated skyscraper once it's finished. North Korean hotels are creepily empty already because no one can afford to travel, and adding another 3000 to 6000 rooms won't help.

Building is not complete yet. "NOBODY can afford to travel" is abit off the wall statement. There are wealth and poor in NoKor like your own nation. There are hundreds of thousands of South Koreans along who would love to visit and stay at this hotel. And 6000 rooms will not be enough. Now, South Korean government censors South Korean from traveling to NoKor. But have this building is extra advertisement/incentive for non-NoKor to travel to NoKor. English speaking world needs to be more educationed about NoKor; the type of statement made about NoKor is amazingly naive...and that includes the journalists.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #4197
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfusion View Post
South Korea and Chinese visitors alone would have fill those room, when NK open up.

NoKor is OPEN, just ask the China, Russia, Cuba, etc.... South Korea, USA, and many other nations censors their citizens from travel to Nokor; or atleast make it very difficult to travel to Nokor.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #4198
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Good, now we can discuss the horrendous ugliness of this tower without all the nonsense. Because it still is a monstrosity of a tower, one of the worst supertall designs ever.

This pyramid buidling looks far better than retangle building that many of the cities have. My personal opinion... Rectanlges are ugly and boring, although retangular structures are easilar and less challenging compared to design and to build of pyramind structure.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #4199
Kantotards
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Carefull about what? I didn't do anything wrong?
Don't you have any nokor gonverment/politics topic site you can go to.... you are inciting and attracting people who want to fume at politics that they don't agree with and don't want to allow.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #4200
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

Its not hard to go to North Korea for Americans, seriously dude.
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel