daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 19th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #4801
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

The 4 photos I posted on page 236 of this thread and the engineers that were hired by the European Union Chamber of Commerce for their inspection of the hotel in the late 90's

Highcliff liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #4802
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

What engineers, Kanto, what engineers .... and pictures, seriously?
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #4803
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Didn't I just say that? The engineers hired by the EUChoC for their inspection of the hotel. You can't make an engineering inspection without engineers. Isn't that obvious?

And pictures do tell a lot and I never said that I know the exact status of the building from those pictures, I only said that I (and everybody else) can compare those pictures with pictures of other buildings with a similar fate. And everybody can see that nearly all of those other buildings with a similar fate look far better than the hotel, which means that their concrete performed far better than the concrete of the hotel

Old April 20th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #4804
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

How do you know they did not simply lie and claim they went in the building, like DailyMail did? You know, truly, that you have no report to analyze from. It's not available anywhere, except mere sections from the depths of the Western Media. Why doesn't the South Korea publish this report if they have nothing to gain from hiding it, as you claim? It's incredibly easy to write two sentences, especially if you don't write facts to go along with them. And if you have such a respected image, as South korea does after US media publicity, you can say anything you want and no one will question you. That's exactly how George Bush got away with lying about WMDs and justified his invasion of Iraq.

How did South korean engineers get in the building? South Korea wasn't allowed access into the building even before they claimed it was 'unsafe.' You haven't answered this question, and you never will.

I could easily write that I had sex with a grey alien around Jupiter just as easily as South Korea can write negative comments about its enemy's building.

-------
The mere fact you refer to it as propaganda, emphasizes the fact that you think one-dimensionally. Everything from north Korea must be lies, and you use the red-herring fallacy of previous fantastic rumours about the Leader, being acceptible to use as your reasoning for them lying about a tangible object, the Ryugyong. You also use the alien story as a distraction from the fact that the building is a tangible object that can have facts drawn from it. Also the delusion you seem to have is that you think you have facts when you do not. You merely accept them because they are not North korean. Orascom claims it is safe. Kempinski had no problem going against South Korea's warning (They heard about it from anti-NK Western articles, so they were quite aware of this warning). Macedonia believes it is safe. Holland believes it is safe. You happily side with the sociopathic writers at DailyMail, known to fully and blatantly lie for money and views, simply because it's not North Korean. You do not believe the construction company Orascom because you think they are in a conspiracy with North Korea because it's North korea. You just hate the country and use this hate as justification to denouce this building. That's it.

Therefore, my absolute theory that this building is 80% hated for its location is not hurt in any way by you, but actually enforced. You refuse to believe any defense to this building because it's North Korean. You refer to it as slaughtherhotel due to its location. You call the Earthquake Engineering report fake, because, you guessed it, it had the slightest bit of NK input. You claim they lie, simply because they're North Korean. You think you are such a saviour, like Alex Jones claims he is, despite your only proof being denoucing others' proof for being from North korea.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; April 20th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #4805
Kanto
Roof height crusader

That is indeed a seriously delusional post, which shows that you absolutely don't care what I write, because if you would, you would have known that on many occasions I said the exact opposite of what you claim that I said, but very well, let's go over it AGAIN:

1, I trust that the EUCHoC did indeed inspect the building because it is a trustworthy international organization that is independent in this matter.

2, The report surely was published, but not on the internet. It were the late 90's, the internet was still in its infancy. From that time period most studies aren't available on line, but only in archives.

3, Their press release, which was preserved on the internet thanks to countless news agency provide 3 facts. 3 hard, conclusive facts, namely that the building is built out of poor quality concrete, that the building has crooked elevator shafts and that the building is irrreparable.

4, I don't know how exactly they got into the hotel but there are countless possibilities, so this question doesn't have to be exactly answered. For example some officials might have seen the fake North Korean report and thought that there would be no harm in letting the EUChoC inspectors in. Needless to say, those officials would surely be slaughtered in Yodok after doing this mistake.

5, In order to make the informative value of a text nil, one doesn't have to prove that it is fake. It is enough to prove that the text lacks absolutely any bit of credibility. My alien date story was quite good on explaining that. The fact that it is a North Korean report clearly prooves that it isn't independent and that it has absolutely no credibility at all. That is what makes the North Korean report/propaganda just a piece of toilet paper. Credibility is all when it comes to deciding whether to trust a text and the North Korean report has nil credibility. Do I honestly have to repeat what every little child knows? That North Korea is the least trustworthy nation in the world, that it does everything just to get more propaganda and lies out, that it tells hilariously ridiculous things which no sane person could have imagined. Seriously, North Korea is a complete troll. And everybody knows that. Also, everybody knows that everything in North Korea is owned by the government and that anybody who doesn't spread the government's propaganda will be slaughtered at a concentration camp. Seriously, you should watch some documentaries before you start with your frenzied North Korea love poems

6, I do have facts, 3 facts, which I have named earlier in this post. Also, kempinski hasn't signed any deal about the hotel, so you naming it is invalid, just as naming the Dutch is, because they had nothing to do with the content of the report. Also, Macedonia as a whole didn't make that report, it was made by only a handfull of people from one university.

7, You talk as if Orascom would be in a huge conspiracy, but you seem to forget that big companies make shady deals all the time. It's how they earn money. Your notion that a company values morale above money is very naive.

8, A simple compliment of one single article of Dailymail is definitely not siding with it. Have you already forgot that I didn't use their article as evidence in my list? I only said it was a well written article, because that is what it was. It is just you who claims of how I love Dailymail and how the author conspires against the glorious North Korea, not even viviting the country ........ Seriously, that's just hilarious

9, And last but not least, there is nothing wrong about giving the hotel a nickname. Not by me and not by the media. Nicknames are just apart of the human nature and they absolutely don't mean that one is biased. The hotel has many nicknames: Slaughterhotel, Hotel of Doom, Opening to Hell, Meat Grinder, Phantom Hotel, Abomination Hotel, there's nothing wrong with that. The media aren't biased, I am not biased, but you are biased, and you saying that everybody arround you is biased is just another proof of that

Old April 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #4806
AltinD
The Modecator

more wind-mills to pick a fight with
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 20th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #4807
dfiler

Likes (Received): 115

Kanto, unless you have actual evidence to present, please stop spamming this thread. By evidence, I mean the report in question, not the vague two sentences references from journalists who don't have any detail either.

At this point I think everyone would prefer to look at pictures and discuss the building rather than hear us bicker about a report that none of us have seen.

Swiddle liked this post
dfiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #4808
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1145

From Dailymail:

From South China Morning Post:

Podium shot from Associated Press:

From Totoro Times:

From Vol369:

CP11, Swiddle, Henrich37 liked this post

Last edited by krkseg1ops; April 21st, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
krkseg1ops está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #4809
IngMarco

Likes (Received): 2627

Impressive pics. It has a nice sci-fi look.
IngMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:04 AM   #4810
IFeelShort

Likes (Received): 18

Definitely looks like it belongs in Vegas

IFeelShort no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:57 AM   #4811
Los Earth

Likes (Received): 160

What? no way
Los Earth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM   #4812
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post
Kanto, unless you have actual evidence to present, please stop spamming this thread. By evidence, I mean the report in question, not the vague two sentences references from journalists who don't have any detail either.

At this point I think everyone would prefer to look at pictures and discuss the building rather than hear us bicker about a report that none of us have seen.
The conclusions of the report reported by those countless journalists are actual evidence. You really don't know how scientific information is handled on the internet, do you? An information reported by journalists is in no way inferior to an original report as long as the responsible party is listed and the conclusions are conclusive. They listed that the inspection was organized by the EUChoC and the three findings they listed all are conclusive.

Trust me, I work with articles, more words don't make a report trustworthy, the sources are what makes a report trustworthy and in this case both the EUChoC and the pages reporting the information are trustworthy. Everybody can write more words but not everybody is a trustworthy source, so your objection is invalid

Old April 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM   #4813
AltinD
The Modecator

Kanto, why don't you just shut up parroting nonsense, you clueless little boy
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM   #4814
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Your insultive manner of speaking just shows that you have no arguments at all in this discussion

Old April 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM   #4815
krkseg1ops

I thought we already established EUCOC is a private SK lobby group which has 0 credibility on matter of NK and will do anything to make it look bad?
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:08 PM   #4816
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Nope, because we have estabilished that the EUChoC is a highly credible organization which is independent in regards to the hotel and therefore a very trustworthy source of information

Old April 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM   #4817
AltinD
The Modecator

Kid, grow up and learn
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM   #4818
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Your insultive manner of speaking just shows that you have no arguments at all in this discussion
And where is your argument ... i.e. the report and the supporting evidence presented?
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM   #4819
krkseg1ops

Remember, he works with articles for a living, you stand no chance proving him wrong. He decides what is real and what is not. He's like Kim Zong Il, he travels faster than light when it comes to research, he can answer to all threads at once and illuminate their respective readers with his eternal omnipotence. Once he even won the research article race against Superman, Flash, and Chuck Norris.
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM   #4820
AltinD
The Modecator

Of course.

He obviously works for some political organizations press department, the kind of people that will hide uncomfortable truths, distort facts, manufacture evidences, twists events and present them as bleaky or rosy, depending on their interests, all in the hope to manipulate the sheep masses for their own political gains. Basically people just as bad and dirty as the commie propaganda zealots before them.

So Kanto: Unless you have something new and factual, GTFO with your agenda (yes the agenda, as you yourself said a few pages earlier). We heard it all thousands of time, put it down as non supported by hard evidence, and you kept parroting the same damn thing. So go away kid, you are disrupting the thread, we DO NOT want you here. Shooooo............
I can cheat you blind.

webeagle12 liked this post

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel