daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:13 PM   #881
vincenand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 258
Likes (Received): 143

Too bad the pictures are really small.



vincenand no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:34 PM   #882
mltdc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 0

hi there,
as i recently returned from korea (south and north) this month. I wanted to post you a picture I made from the ryungyong hotel, which is being restored right now.
I have also finished my Korea online gallery on my website: Martin Hesse Pyongyang / North Korea Gallery

here is the higher res pic


Last edited by mltdc; November 1st, 2009 at 01:55 AM.
mltdc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:55 PM   #883
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,827
Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmelling View Post
North Korea is a poison emitting nation, not somewhere should visit for fun. It is some of the ugliest jokes in the whole world. It may look beautiful however, if you have the suicidal wishes.
I'm smelling a troll
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 01:56 PM   #884
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,047
Likes (Received): 9050

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmelling View Post
North Korea is a poison emitting nation, not somewhere should visit for fun. It is some of the ugliest jokes in the whole world. It may look beautiful however, if you have the suicidal wishes.


Please... At least read back 2-3 POSTS!
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:41 PM   #885
nautica17
Registered User
 
nautica17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: EU
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltdc View Post
hi there,
as i recently returned from korea (south and north) this month. I wanted to post you a picture I made from the ryungyong hotel, which is being restored right now.
I have also finished my Korea online gallery on my website: Martin Hesse Pyongyang / North Korea Gallery

here is the higher res pic

Nice pictures. Thank-you for sharing them.

When you visited the North, did you by any chance go on an EU passport?
nautica17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 09:07 PM   #886
mltdc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 0

Hey, so your question is if I was travelling with an EU passport? Yes, of course - a german one.

br martin

m-hesse.com
mltdc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 09:19 PM   #887
nautica17
Registered User
 
nautica17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: EU
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 0

Cool. So the EU does not ban travel there right? I'm thinking of visiting Pyongyang by means of air through Beijing using my EU passport. I just hope my American citizenship doesn't screw me over though.

Last edited by nautica17; October 31st, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
nautica17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 09:33 PM   #888
gayscraper
Registered User
 
gayscraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oldenburg
Posts: 178
Likes (Received): 3

I just love it! Looks so great!
__________________
All those beautiful cities and their new supertalls!
gayscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 09:50 PM   #889
carlosceballos
Registered User
 
carlosceballos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 102
Likes (Received): 0

nice
want to see one similar in NY
__________________
carlosceballos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 11:47 PM   #890
mltdc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica17 View Post
Cool. So the EU does not ban travel there right? I'm thinking of visiting Pyongyang by means of air through Beijing using my EU passport. I just hope my American citizenship doesn't screw me over though.
Hi, there is also a chance to go to DPR Korea with US citizenship. I just have heard that your guide might call you "american imperialist"...
as you are english speaking you should ask http://www.koryogroup.com/ to help you.

here is one of my favourite pyongyang shots!! DPR Korea and South Korea Gallery

cheers mates

mltdc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 11:57 PM   #891
nautica17
Registered User
 
nautica17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: EU
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltdc View Post
Hi, there is also a chance to go to DPR Korea with US citizenship. I just have heard that your guide might call you "american imperialist"...
as you are english speaking you should ask http://www.koryogroup.com/ to help you.

here is one of my favourite pyongyang shots!! DPR Korea and South Korea Gallery

cheers mates
But if I go on my EU (Polish) passport and talk with a Polish accent, then would they still call me imperialist? I'll check the website out though. Thanks.

Nice shots by the way. Amazing views that city has.. if I go there.. I'll be in panorama heaven.
nautica17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM   #892
mltdc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica17 View Post
But if I go on my EU (Polish) passport and talk with a Polish accent, then would they still call me imperialist? I'll check the website out though. Thanks.

Nice shots by the way. Amazing views that city has.. if I go there.. I'll be in panorama heaven.
i'd just recommend you the cheapest way to go there brooklyn lives in dandong and he organizes tours from the chinese border - you should inform you on his website http://www.hao0411.com.
as far as i am concerned he is very reliable.

cheers

mh
mltdc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:56 PM   #893
The-King
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Munich
Posts: 2,842
Likes (Received): 740

what a perfect picture mltdc

gotta love these women with that stunning background.
The-King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:07 PM   #894
TXSkyWatcher
Registered User
 
TXSkyWatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Terrell...30 miles east of Dallas
Posts: 659
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
I'm smelling a troll
Yep...took a look at the last few posts that one made and nothing to keep them off the ignore list...I'm past 30 now!
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:22 AM   #895
NICKKK1995
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 91
Likes (Received): 2

see thats their problem....all concrete and no grass !!
they should turn the riverside a vibrant place to go to relax or have fun, and just enjoy the view......its a very beautiful tower
NICKKK1995 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #896
Woodstock88
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 337
Likes (Received): 5

it's strange that they even building it,it's not a very good taste .
Woodstock88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 01:54 AM   #897
ovem
Commieblocks fan
 
ovem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 6,827
Likes (Received): 883

what do you mean by good?
__________________
My tumblr
ovem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 12:07 AM   #898
russiadick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Likes (Received): 2

but i think this tower itself is not bad, especially don't forget when did it design. people please just imagine that if they build it in US cities, what are you guys gonna say??
russiadick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #899
droneriot
Urban Hermit
 
droneriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cydonia Mensae
Posts: 4,660
Likes (Received): 2612

I think it would look better in a more 80s skyline like Houston. Definitely doesn't work in Lower Manhattan.
droneriot está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #900
meh_cd
Registered User
 
meh_cd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 874
Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiadick View Post
but i think this tower itself is not bad, especially don't forget when did it design. people please just imagine that if they build it in US cities, what are you guys gonna say??
I'd say the same thing? It is very 80s and like someone said I'd expect to see it in Houston, but not NYC.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu