daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 9th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #1301
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot that we're so far behind...

Because, it's not like North Korea is so poor their army has to steal from their farmers, and they totally aren't a totalitarian regime that treats human beings like cattle and executes you if you're caught littering. And it's not like they're totally on the brink of collapse and their economy is practically nonexistent, and their people are so fed up they sneak internet and TV from across the Chinese and South Korean borders.

Right, we're totally behind...
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:23 AM   #1302
ожежи
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krattle View Post
Politics aside, your post is rude.
My post isn rude, you are just jelous becouse you are struck in traffic jam every morning.

Quote:
So inevitably North Korea will have its fair share of murderers, junkies, and whores, just like any other country.
Wow you wish them great future
And when will these things happen? When they accept US democracy
ожежи no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #1303
Krattle

HAH! I don't have traffic jams to deal with. Your "argument" begs the question. The Korean people are so poor they can't *afford* cars, so there are about 5 cars on the roads of Pyongyang at any given time.

No, I do wish North Korea a good future. I wish Kim Jong Il would go away and they would reform to a capitalist market so the Korean people can live peacefully and happily. That isn't going to happen until the communist regime is gone. I don't like democracy either. What makes you think I do? You think just because I'm American and I don't like North Korea that I *must* support democracy. In fact, I never once said I'm American until now. So what made you think I'm American? Lots of people speak English. I could have been British for all you know, or someone from any other country who just speaks English. Shows how ignorant, racist, and xenophobic you are. I support capitalism, not democracy. That's what North Korea needs. And also, any political system would be better than the current one in North Korea.
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:51 AM   #1304
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

wow what a ghost town.... NK has so much potential ....but thanks to their retarded eternal leader they are just stuck in time...
SaRaJeVo-City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:39 AM   #1305
ожежи
BANNED

Quote:
HAH! I don't have traffic jams to deal with. Your "argument" begs the question. The Korean people are so poor they can't *afford* cars, so there are about 5 cars on the roads of Pyongyang at any given time.

No, I do wish North Korea a good future. I wish Kim Jong Il would go away and they would reform to a capitalist market so the Korean people can live peacefully and happily. That isn't going to happen until the communist regime is gone. I don't like democracy either. What makes you think I do? You think just because I'm American and I don't like North Korea that I *must* support democracy. In fact, I never once said I'm American until now. So what made you think I'm American? Lots of people speak English. I could have been British for all you know, or someone from any other country who just speaks English. Shows how ignorant, racist, and xenophobic you are. I support capitalism, not democracy. That's what North Korea needs. And also, any political system would be better than the current one in North Korea.
Well your, and US`s sense of "good future" isnt universal as you think, but you cant imagine that someone on this world doesnt think like you, do you? And you also think that you are given a right to choose what is good for North Korea (and Iraq and Afghanistan and Yugoslavia and Vietnam, etc....) That is why i can tell that you are American after a couple of posts. Going everywhere and telling to the people of different country what is best for them...

But let us see these contraversal, and opposed sentances:

"...I do wish North Korea a good future..." and couple of lines after: "..I'm American and I don't like North Korea...".
So you dont like NK, but if they transform to your vision of country, then you will like it. That is just "ignorant, racist, and xenophobic" +arogant and people all over the world see that, and it is why US has bad reputation. Please think about this.
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:41 AM   #1306
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfreak2 View Post

I just read this in Wiki: A decade after the start of construction, the European Union Chamber of Commerce in Korea conducted an inspection of the building, where it was concluded that the structure was "irreparable"

Anyone ever read the details of this report? It must contain specific information about why they deemed it irreparable!
What a lie. As if foreign inspectors are allowed to do their job in NK.
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:53 AM   #1307
tommy949

Likes (Received): 4

Kim Jong il is begging China for help on the NK economy if I'm not correct.
tommy949 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #1308
Krattle

Of course I don't think my views are universal. In fact, my support of laissez faire capitalism is the exact opposite of universal. I'm well aware that a great number of people disagree with me, but numbers do not make a belief correct. I don't know why you think I ever claimed my views were universal or that I didn't think anyone disagreed with me. You're implying I said things which I never said. Read more carefully and think more carefully.

Of course I have the right to think about these things. But I never once said I wanted to force my beliefs upon anyone. Did I? No. I never implied or explicitly stated that I wanted to use force. Again, you are implying things I never said and misconceiving my ideas. Also, I'm not responsible for what the US government does. I'm me, a random citizen in the US, not the president and not a representative. I don't even vote because I don't want to.

Allow me to clarify. I don't like Kim Jong Il and his communist regime. I have nothing against the people who live under his tyranny. I wish *those* people the best and I hope that someday the horrible situation they live under will be lifted and they can live freely as most other people in the world do.

Also, there is no such thing as "what is best for a nation." There is no such thing as a nation. There are only individual people, human beings, whop are all fundamentally alike. All human beings, because they are rational, volitional beings, require absolute freedom from the initiation of force in order to live and thrive as human beings. Otherwise they are no better than farm animals, which is what the North Korean people are right now and have been for 50 years, unfortunately.

I never once said that I wanted to force my philosophy upon the NK people, I never said I supported democracy, I never said that I think my views are universal, and I never said there aren't people who don't think like me. But again, just because an idea isn't accepted by 100% of people around the world doesn't make it wrong, or right. Ideas stand on logic, not on the numbers of people who believe in them.
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:26 AM   #1309
tommy949

The North Korean regime needs to exist, China does not want millions of refugees going from North Korea, or South Korea to invade North Korea and put US spies into China.
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #1310
Krattle

I never said that North Korea should just disappear off the face of the Earth. I said it needs to change, from its current communist regime to something more free-market. Like South Korea, or even China (China may be officially communist but many of their economic policies and practices are quite capitalist; even Fidel Castro says so). It's quite possible for their to be a smooth "regime change" from communism to more free-market in the next two decades without any large number of refugees leaving the country. As soon as they go free-market they will start seeing immediate benefits in standard of living and people won't want to leave. Some probably will, and that's *their choice.* If I had lived in that country for my entire life I'd want to get out.
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #1311
ожежи
BANNED

Ok i generalised few things, but why do you have a need to virtualy overthrow NK goverment on this non-political forum, dont you have own things to worry about. My opinion that you are blinded with propaganda. Imagine NY and US forum loaded with anti-gov bullshits, and belive me there are many more people that disaprove US goverment, than NK`s. That is because US goverment affects whole world, and NK`s dont. My posts are only reaction.
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:48 AM   #1312
Krattle

I'm not overloaded with propaganda, and I disapprove of the way the United States is going as well, and of the US government in general. The US government has slowly but surely been taking away the rights of the people that live under them. Every president has done it, not just Bush (although he did). Clinton did, Obama is doing that...
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:02 AM   #1313
Assemblage23
▄bereinstimmend

Likes (Received): 8100

Too much off-topic today!

Wichtige ─nderungen beginnen immer mit ganz neuen Perspektiven.

-
Assemblage23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #1314
mclancer
Take off, eh!

Likes (Received): 9

Come on Mods.... time for some warnings and/or bans for people who
use a skyscraper thread to debate politics!
They need to read the rules, and the Mods need to enforce them !!!!

The time is here, "SUPERTALL FOR TORONTO" !!!
(Man, even the UK & Australia have one!... lol)
mclancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #1315
Kokoity
Abkhazia is georgian

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea2002 View Post
I think it┤s a nice project but K.J Il would have spend the money better for his poor people.
Kokoity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #1316
Viperfreak2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigoneseguy View Post
What a lie. As if foreign inspectors are allowed to do their job in NK.
Yes I also thought it didn't sound Kosher, at first. BUT if you think about it there is a good reason. The NK gov't must have allowed 'outsiders' to inspect this building to find a way to finance, repair and finish it, like they did with Orascom. It was just that the Euro guys looked at it and said IMPOSSIBLE while the Egypt guys said We'll give it a try!

I think it's obvious that the North Koreans also made sure that whatever the European Union Chamber of Commerce in Korea found would be kept confidential.
Viperfreak2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #1317
tommy949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfreak2 View Post
Yes I also thought it didn't sound Kosher, at first. BUT if you think about it there is a good reason. The NK gov't must have allowed 'outsiders' to inspect this building to find a way to finance, repair and finish it, like they did with Orascom. It was just that the Euro guys looked at it and said IMPOSSIBLE while the Egypt guys said We'll give it a try!

I think it's obvious that the North Koreans also made sure that whatever the European Union Chamber of Commerce in Korea found would be kept confidential.
Wait, wait, wait, I thought the UAE guys were financing this project.
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #1318
ожежи
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclancer View Post
Come on Mods.... time for some warnings and/or bans for people who
use a skyscraper thread to debate politics!
They need to read the rules, and the Mods need to enforce them !!!!
Than delete 90% of posts on this topic.
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #1319
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2461

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy949 View Post
Wait, wait, wait, I thought the UAE guys were financing this project.
No, Orascom is Egyptian.
Old April 10th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #1320
caddy93

Likes (Received): 0

Ok I'm new here, but I've always been fascinated with architecture. Just breakin the ice lol

Well I've heard that they are just cladding it with glass to complete the facade of a working hotel. The NK government even photoshops photos of the tower at night to make it look like there are lights on. They'll probably add glass and interior lights and maybe some landscaping to make it look active, but they probably won't finish it completely. Maybe they'll complete a few floors as a working hotel. This is just my speculations
caddy93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel