daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #1701
Jude12
Architecture Student
 
Jude12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manila - Sydney - Hong Kong
Posts: 3,074
Likes (Received): 43

--
__________________
My 3D Designs

USTArchitecture
Jude12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #1702
IllyrianEagle
Registered User
 
IllyrianEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tirane/Punta del Este
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
Yeah, having a bunch of people die in a building collapse would really do a great job at showing off. Do some of you people even try to think for the tiniest fraction of a blink of an eye before hitting the "submit reply" button?
Wow, honestly isn't this a forum where you express opinions not judge others? Respect other people's thoughts, don't spit on them. btw if Kim really cared about showing off he would stop producing missiles and start feeding his dying population.
IllyrianEagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #1703
Viperfreak2
BANNED
 
Viperfreak2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 525
Likes (Received): 48

This is a forum that is supposed to be only about construction, not opinions about feeding people or missile production...

That said, that policy is often is ignored by the mods because they are tired of the battle, I assume.
Viperfreak2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #1704
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,827
Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllyrianEagle View Post
Wow, honestly isn't this a forum where you express opinions not judge others? Respect other people's thoughts, don't spit on them. btw if Kim really cared about showing off he would stop producing missiles and start feeding his dying population.
Newbie, not the best of ways to start your forum life.
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #1705
screenshotartist
Engineer
 
screenshotartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 4,434
Likes (Received): 20

A lot of personal dislike of North Korea is being displayed by people here. I don't care about Kim and his regime and all that other stuff.


But I have to admit this Building is the meanest looking supertall. I really like the design, it is no futurist or fancy like the ones in Dubai or China but this building Owns.
__________________
Raikage
screenshotartist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #1706
Viperfreak2
BANNED
 
Viperfreak2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 525
Likes (Received): 48

A lot of people didn't care about Adolf and his regime and all that other stuff.

I hope this building becomes a symbol of change. Going from old and crumbling, to new and revitalized. Putting aside all politics, it is an imposing structure. Maybe the best in the world?
Viperfreak2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #1707
Botswana
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 266
Likes (Received): 30

Even with the glass Ryugyong is one of the ugliest skyscrapers in the world. It looks like something out of 1984, which is exactly what North Korea is.
Botswana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #1708
ainttelling
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 931
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botswana View Post
Even with the glass Ryugyong is one of the ugliest skyscrapers in the world. It looks like something out of 1984, which is exactly what North Korea is.
Your feelings are ugly and wrong. You know that, don't you?

PS: For those who are not aware - the main purpose of the "Botswana" account is to take stab at Socialism. He's just a pathetic loser.

Last edited by ainttelling; September 15th, 2010 at 02:42 AM.
ainttelling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #1709
boschb
boschb
 
boschb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Langley(Vancouver) BC
Posts: 716
Likes (Received): 31

too bad will never see any north Korean forumers on this thread..
boschb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #1710
miau
In the brig
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,257
Likes (Received): 5312

Who knows? Maybe the leader himself is a mod in SSC.... would explain some decisions
miau está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #1711
Botswana
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 266
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainttelling View Post
Your feelings are ugly and wrong. You know that, don't you?

PS: For those who are not aware - the main purpose of the "Botswana" account is to take stab at Socialism. He's just a pathetic loser.
Your idiocy is offending and disgusting, you know that, don't you? I won't even bother addressing the fact that you are defending a totalitarian police state that treats its citizens like cattle, which is a level of stupidity beyond comprehension in and of itself. I think the tower is ugly and very Orwellian. It reminds me of the Ministry of Truth from 1984. And this is the only post I have ever made in regards to socialism as a political doctrine. The rest of my posts are usually about Architecture. Maybe you should remove the umbilical cord from your neck and think about that for a while, you meandering behemoth of ignorance. Even then, I am very much opposed to Socialism, and if you don't like it, you can kiss my capitalist bourgeoisie behind.

Anybody who defends North Korea is a moron. And I don't care if this gets moderated. Unless you love it so much, then why don't you do us all a favor and defect, then you can shout glorious praises to the Great Leader Kim Il Sung (protip, North Korea is the only country in the world officially ruled by a corpse), and we won't have to hear any of your nonsensical, idiotic opinions anymore.

Last edited by Botswana; September 15th, 2010 at 10:21 AM.
Botswana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #1712
ainttelling
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 931
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botswana View Post
Your idiocy is offending and disgusting, you know that, don't you? I won't even bother addressing the fact that you are defending a totalitarian police state that treats its citizens like cattle, which is a level of stupidity beyond comprehension in and of itself. I think the tower is ugly and very Orwellian. It reminds me of the Ministry of Truth from 1984. And this is the only post I have ever made in regards to socialism as a political doctrine. The rest of my posts are usually about Architecture. Maybe you should remove the umbilical cord from your neck and think about that for a while, you meandering behemoth of ignorance. Even then, I am very much opposed to Socialism, and if you don't like it, you can kiss my capitalist bourgeoisie behind.

Anybody who defends North Korea is a moron. And I don't care if this gets moderated. Unless you love it so much, then why don't you do us all a favor and defect, then you can shout glorious praises to the Great Leader Kim Il Sung (protip, North Korea is the only country in the world officially ruled by a corpse), and we won't have to hear any of your nonsensical, idiotic opinions anymore.
You just can't accept the fact that you're a sore loser. Your entire forum life is dedicated to miserable attempts to justify your pitiful existence. Well, here's some news - you're still a loser.
ainttelling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #1713
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,827
Likes (Received): 6071

So how's cladding comming?
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM   #1714
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,827
Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by miau View Post
Who knows? Maybe the leader himself is a mod in SSC.... would explain some decisions
Or maybe they're just Nazis ... of wait, that wouldn't explain some decisions.
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #1715
strandeed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 648
Likes (Received): 107

would any of you guys spend a night there?
strandeed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #1716
ainttelling
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 931
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by boschb View Post
too bad will never see any north Korean forumers on this thread..
Yes, it's too bad, because the way of internet haters - is to take stab at something but only if they expect no retaliation - obviously DPRK can't defend itself in online battles. So it's very typical actually that it became a popular subject for mockery, in addition to rivers of ridiculous propaganda.
ainttelling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #1717
screenshotartist
Engineer
 
screenshotartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 4,434
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandeed View Post
would any of you guys spend a night there?
A massive Hotel with a revolving restaurant.

HELL YEAH!!!


Not to forgot the beautiful North Korean Traffic girls
__________________
Raikage
screenshotartist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #1718
Viperfreak2
BANNED
 
Viperfreak2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 525
Likes (Received): 48

Somehow, you believe that it will actually REVOLVE? ok
Viperfreak2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #1719
Botswana
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 266
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainttelling View Post
You just can't accept the fact that you're a sore loser. Your entire forum life is dedicated to miserable attempts to justify your pitiful existence. Well, here's some news - you're still a loser.
You're defending North Korea on a skyscraper site. I think it's much more pathetic that you are obsessed about my forum life, which is rather creepy. Please do us all a favor and put yourself out of your misery and stop breathing my air.
Botswana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #1720
ainttelling
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 931
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botswana View Post
You're defending North Korea on a skyscraper site.
I'm defending North Korea. And you still remain the sore loser, like you always will.
ainttelling no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
asia, north korea, potonggang-guyok district, pyongyang, ryugyong hotel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu