daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Trivandrum

Old February 3rd, 2010, 06:20 AM   #2361
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 726

- Hmmm, Technopark is gaining in media presence these days. Asianet has also shifted part of its operations to the Leela Infopark.

Trivandrum has been the hub of the electronic media in Kerala with all the major channels based here. I understand that even those channels which committed the folly of starting elsewhere are now contemplating a shift to the capital, where they already have studios.

I had recently seen an advertisement for personnel for a new TV channel based in Trivandrum, which mentioned that it was being promoted by a "leading malayalam daily". This could be the Kerala Kaumudi venture that you mentioned, although I was wondering whether it was the KK or the Mathurbhumi.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 3rd, 2010, 08:34 AM   #2362
yuketrivandrum
Gemini for Trivandrum

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Heard that new channel named SEE TV is going to start functioning from technopark.the investors include ATLAS GROUP ,HERCULES MOTORS ec.
kerala kaumudi may also come with a new channel.this is also an entertainment channel.Jai hind purchased an old theater at chalai for their new studio
Hi shelly... jaihind started its new Reality show Floor at Karamana near to TNSTC bus stand opposite to PRS
yuketrivandrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:42 AM   #2363
rajkrish
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 1073

Ohh. That ought to be the old 'Siva' theatre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Heard that new channel named SEE TV is going to start functioning from technopark.the investors include ATLAS GROUP ,HERCULES MOTORS ec.
kerala kaumudi may also come with a new channel.this is also an entertainment channel.Jai hind purchased an old theater at chalai for their new studio
Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM   #2364
shelly
from SPACE CITY

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
- Hmmm, Technopark is gaining in media presence these days. Asianet has also shifted part of its operations to the Leela Infopark.

Trivandrum has been the hub of the electronic media in Kerala with all the major channels based here. I understand that even those channels which committed the folly of starting elsewhere are now contemplating a shift to the capital, where they already have studios.

I had recently seen an advertisement for personnel for a new TV channel based in Trivandrum, which mentioned that it was being promoted by a "leading malayalam daily". This could be the Kerala Kaumudi venture that you mentioned, although I was wondering whether it was the KK or the Mathurbhumi.
yes ajay me too heard the same .but in the case of mathrubhumi iam not sure about the location .kk is now a days agressively conducting many star shows in tvm and kollam .so i think they r serious in entertainment channel
shelly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:29 PM   #2365
yuketrivandrum
Gemini for Trivandrum

Sea t.v's main studio is at Pappanamcode...an old factory..
Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:35 PM   #2366
yuketrivandrum
Gemini for Trivandrum

And with Anger and Sympathy ........ after establishing with the help of Trivandrum Surya and Kiran going to shift its operations to the opposite city..... Wat to do... i sent so many mails to sun network regards this.. but no use... what we can do?? Like Movie industry done channels will also betray our capital.??? But we have to support new tvm channels against them....
Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:39 PM   #2367
yuketrivandrum
Gemini for Trivandrum

And sorry.... i forgot to introduce me.... i am Unnikrishnan and i m a music director by profession.... working based on Tvm and Banglore... i am TRUE TRIVANDRUM LOVER... and a freeeeeq .... I m trying to establish my city's name through my profession.... and working for Trivandrum Promotion... I m a frequent visitor of this community since 2006... Thank u
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM   #2368
Chinku
Chinku

Likes (Received): 4

IIST Campus to open in March 2010

The entire infrastructure of the new campus is expected to be ready by end-March, 2010. The campus, planned with a built-up area of 120,000 sqm shall house 4 academic blocks, with classrooms, research labs and computer centres, library, admin block, convocation area, student activity centre, hostels, sports & recreation facilities and residential area for faculty and non-teaching staff.

(Source: Impact Ad feature; India Today magazine; 8 Feb 2010 issue)
Chinku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #2369
12kris

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuketrivandrum View Post
And sorry.... i forgot to introduce me.... i am Unnikrishnan and i m a music director by profession.... working based on Tvm and Banglore... i am TRUE TRIVANDRUM LOVER... and a freeeeeq .... I m trying to establish my city's name through my profession.... and working for Trivandrum Promotion... I m a frequent visitor of this community since 2006... Thank u
Welcome to the group!
12kris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #2370
Sidewinder

Likes (Received): 0

Varkey mall

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafi View Post
Marry Brown to start its new Restaurant at Panavila in 3 Floors

BIG to Launch their residential high rise near Kallayam

BIG to come up with a 5L sqft mall at Kazhakootam

Heera to build their new Engg College at Nedumangad for which the piling has already started

Heera to launch their new high rise residential project near to KIMS Hospital

Sowparnika Projects to launch three new apartment projects inside the city at PTP Nagar, Pattom and Pattoor.

Marutham Homes to launch their first commercial project at Chakka

Nikunjum to come up with another highrise apartment project near Proposed Hilton hotel

Also I have seen some land clearing activities going on in the site of Proposed Varkeys mall,,,, Sidewinder or Ajay can clarify?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Shafi,

U got it right... They might start the work on Varkey mall soon..
Small changes in the design is proposed... Waiting ...........

Regards,
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #2371
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 405

Souparnika Projects, Shirdi Towers

hope not posted before
vinodtnt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #2372
nishanthnair
nishanthnair

Likes (Received): 64

^
It was posted in february 2009,this project was showcased during last year's Parppidam Expo.
nishanthnair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #2373
sajith

Likes (Received): 1

Thiruvananthapuram places into Google Earth

Mapped the followin places: AKG Centre, Aakkulam Boat Club, Aakkulam Bridge, Aakkulam Lake, Alamcode, Ambalammkku, Ambalammukku , Andoorkonam, Attingal, Attukal Devi Temple, Ayurveda College, Beemapalli, CDS – Centre for Development Studies, CET College of Engineering, CET Ladies’ Hostel, CET Men’s Hostel, Central Prison, Central Statdium, Chakkai Bypass, Chalai, Chanthavila, Chavadimukku, Chenkottukonam, Christ Nagar School, City Corporation Building, Cosmopolitan Hospital, Cotton Hill School, Devaswom Board Junction, East Fort, Edapazhinji, GG Hospital, General Hospital Junction, Golf Club, Gowreesapattom, Hindustan Latex, Hotel Pankaj, Indian Coffee House, Thampanoor, Infosys Thiruvananthapuram, KIMS Hospital, KINFRA Video Park, Kadakkal, Kadalukanipara, Kaithamukku, Kallara, Kallara, Kallara Pallimukku, Kanakakunnu Palace, Kaniyapuram, Kanyakulangara, Karamana, Karette, Kariavattom Campus, Karyavattom Junction, Kattayikonam, Kazhakkuttam, Kedaram Shopping Complex, Kerala University, Kesavadasapuram, Kilimanoor, Kilimanoor KSRTC Bus Depot, Kilimanoor Mahadeveswaram Temple, Killipalam, Kochuveli Railway Station, Kovalam Asoka Beach Resort, Kovalam Beach, Kovalam Light House, Kowdiar, Kowdiar , Kowdiar Palace, Kowdiar Palace, Kulathur, Kumarapuram, Kuravankonam, Kuttimoodu, Kallara, LNCPE, Layola School, Luciya Hotel, M G College, Manacaud, Mangalapuram, Mannanthala, Manvila, Mar Ivanios College, Marappalam, Pattom, Maruthankuzhi, Matsya Kanyaka, Medical College Hospital, Medical College Statdium, Moonnumukku, Mulavana, Muscot Hotel, Museum, Muttada, Nalanchira, Nalimukku, Nanthancode, Nedumangadu, Nilamel, Nishagandhi Open Air Auditorium, Niyamasabha, Observatory, Over Bridge, P M G Junction, PMG Hanuman Swami Temple, PTP Nagar, Padmanabha Swami Temple, Padmatheertham Kulam, Palamukku, Kallara, Pallimukku, Pallipuram, Pallipuram CRPF Junction, Palodu, Panchayat Directorate, Pangappara, Pangappara Bridge, Pangappara Heera Gardens, Pappala, Paruthipara, Paruthippara, Passport Office Junction, Pattom, Pattom St Mary’s School, Pattoor, Pazhayachantha, Peroorkada, Pettah, Pipinmoodu, Pirappancode, Plamoodu, Pattom, Pongummoodu, Poojappura, Porunthamon, Pothencode, Pottakuzhi, Pulayanarkottah Sanatorium, Pulayanarkottan Junction, Pulimath, Pulimoodu, Putharikandam Maithanam, Raj Bhavan, Raj Bhavan, Sainik School, Kazhakkuttom, Salvation Army Centre, Sankhumukham Beach, Santhigiri Asramam, Sasthamangalam, Secretariate, Southern Air Command, Sree Mulam Club, Sreekanteswaram Temple, Sreekaryam, Statue Junction, Style Plus, Swayam Prakasa Asramam, Tagore Theatre, Technopark – Nila, Technopark – Park Centre, Tennis Club, Thalikuzhi, Thiruvallom, Thiruvananthapuram Bus Station, Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station, Thiruvananthapuram International Airport, Thykkadu, Travancore Titanium, Udiyannorr Temple, Ulloor, University College, University Stadium, V J T Hall, Valiyathura Sea Bridge, Vamanapuram, Vamanapuram Bridge, Vanchiyoor, Vanchiyoor Court, Vattappara, Veli Tourist Village, Vellayambalam, Vembayam, Venjaramoodu, Vettinadu, Vetturoad Junction, Vikas Bhavan , Vizhinjam, World Market

courtesy
http://teck.in/thiruvananthapuram-di...in-google.html
Old February 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #2374
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Hi Shafi,

U got it right... They might start the work on Varkey mall soon..
Small changes in the design is proposed... Waiting ...........

Regards,
I guess this is the new design. And this one features a multiplex as well, am I right Sidewinder?

Good to note that the works have commenced on this project. Varkeys Group were also planning a couple more Mall projects along the Bypass and the Pattom- Kesavadasapuram Road, any more info on that anyone?
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #2375
Kannan46

Likes (Received): 48

Final alignment for widening of highway stretch ready
Source: thehinduonline
Quote:
One of the bottlenecks: The Pappanamcode junction along the Karamana-Kaliyikkavila stretch of National Highway no. 47.

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The final alignment for widening the Karamana-Kaliyikkavila road into six lanes is ready.

The proposal is to widen the 29.2-km road, one of the congested stretches of National Highway no. 47 passing through the district, with a 30.2-metre carriageway at an estimated cost of Rs.690 crore.

The alignment is now awaiting the approval of the Chief Engineer (National Highways), sources in the Public Works Department told The Hindu here on Saturday. Once the alignment is approved, a detailed project report will be prepared. The inspection report, the draft report and the final project report will follow suit. The Kerala Highway Research Institute has started the soil survey.
Width reduced

Initially, the survey was carried out for having a 45-metre carriageway. The probable opposition to land acquisition had forced the authorities to go for another survey and a final alignment, limiting the carriageway to 30.2 metres.

Instead of the standard 4.2-metre median, the widened stretch will have a 1.2-metre median. Sixteen intersections are there on the stretch. Traffic signals will have to be installed at these busy junctions.

The 54 culverts on the stretch need to be reconstructed. There are six minor bridges.

The old bridge at Amaravila, which has been closed for vehicular traffic, will have to be rebuilt to ease traffic congestion. The carriageway will be limited to two lanes at Amaravila.

The sharp, accident-causing curves at Pravachambalam, Balaramapuram, Udiyankulangara, Kottamom and other places will be straightened. An underpass or an over-bridge will have to be constructed at Balaramapuram to overcome the traffic congestion at the busy junction.

Over 1,500 shops have to be relocated, along with several places of worship. Several hurdles have to be overcome to take up the widening of the stretch, sources said.
CHeers!!!
Kannan46 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #2376
Venunair

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan46 View Post
Final alignment for widening of highway stretch ready
Source: thehinduonline CHeers!!!
Over 1,500 shops have to be relocated, along with several places of worship. Several hurdles have to be overcome to take up the widening of the stretch, sources said.

That is going to be the real problem to develop roads in GOD'S OWN COUNTRY
Venunair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #2377
Gopal.K.Kumar

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venunair View Post

This is nothing unusual. Trust the authorities can handle the affected people without disgruntlement.
Gopal.K.Kumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #2378
shelly
from SPACE CITY

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venunair View Post

yes man this is the most thickly populated streach for the whole state and also the interstate highway connecting chennai ,banglore ,kanyakumari etc.since the state govt is actively concentrating for infrastructue projects from roads to ports we could expect positive things
shelly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #2379
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

Panavila Jn.
Some land clearing work can be seen here. anyone has any information abt it?

New building nearing completion near Kairali TV East Fort

Rajadhani Complex U/C, MG Road

more city snaps
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #2380
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

del...

Tags
trivandrum