daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2011, 03:04 AM   #721
ssh
i don't like skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 95

Some phone shots of Viitna bypass on road 1 / E20:

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #722
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

Estonian Road Administration announced the thender for constructing Topi interchange on T4/E67. The deadline for entering the tender is 17 January 2012. Construction time is 15 months.
Situation scheme: http://www.mnt.ee/failid/Asukohaskeem_M1_10000.pdf (the red part)
A very precise technical scheme: http://www.mnt.ee/public/projektidpl...skorraldus.pdf

Last edited by Rebasepoiss; November 30th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Rebasepoiss está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #723
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Is that a new western bypass of Tallinn? That road tangent to T4 is not on Google Earth.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #724
Rebasepoiss

Pretty much. It's called the Juuliku-Tabasalu connection. It will be built but not on such a large scale as is depicted in that scheme.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM   #725
Wover

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERR News
Electric Car Charger Network Contract Inked

Multinational engineering congolmerate ABB has signed the contract it was awarded earlier this month for the development of a countrywide network of quick chargers for electric cars.

In celebratory remarks at the signing of the contract with the KredEx state credit and export guarantee fund, ABB's Baltic head Bo Hendriksson noted that the field is becoming a strategic business direction for ABB.

"We at ABB are convinced that the existence of the national network will give people additional confidence to think about buying an electric car," he said.

"Running on liquid fuel gives you the option of refilling only at petrol stations, but with electricity there is the future opportunity to recharge in many places - at home, at work, in front of stores, parking garages.“

ABB will supply an estimated 200 charging stations along with installation, maintenance and operator service for five years. The chargers will be set up along heavily traveled highways and in all cities and towns with more than 5,000 people - of which there are roughly 24.

The stations will be spaced 40-60 km apart on the trunk highway routes.

ABB is partnered with G4S and NOW! Innovation to make Estonia an electromobility world pioneer, Henriksson said.

The cost of the contract is 6.6 million euros and the network will be set up by end of October 2012.
So far, only around 20 individuals have purchased an electric car under the support scheme where the government gives a 50% discount (up to 15 000 euros if I'm not mistaken) on electric car purchase.

The government has also given social workers a total of 500 electric cars (these are driving around already).
Wover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:31 PM   #726
Hasper

Likes (Received): 15

Some news:
1) Construction of the Luige interchange (T-11 and T-15) has started.
2) A new technical project is required for T-11 reconstruction between Vao and Juri. Problems with EVR Infra. So nothing will happen there in a year or two.
3) Some aerial photos of Haljala interchange (E20) construction has been published on the project page:

More here

Quote:
Pretty much. It's called the Juuliku-Tabasalu connection. It will be built but not on such a large scale as is depicted in that scheme.
If it will be built at all. T11 section between Saku and Kanama is planned to be repaved next year. Jalgimae intersection has been reconstructed a few months ago. Now it has traffic lights. So I don't see them making any changes to the newly repaved road in the nearest future.
Also Topi interchange project has been reduced. Originally there was a connection planned with T-11401, to allow transit traffic towards Tabasalu. But now this 2 km section has been removed out of scope and the new road leads to nowhere.
Widening of the T-9 has almost completely been dropped. I highly doubt that the interchange with Juuliku - Tabasalu road will be built in the next 10 years.
Hasper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 05:09 PM   #727
Hasper

Pictures of the new Liivi street in Pärnu (New section of Parnu bypass on E67) from the local newspapers. This new section has shortened the trip to Riga by 500meters, it is 3km long, 1+1 with a 70km/h speed limit.
Intersection with Papiniidu street, this is where the new road begins. View towards Riga:

Liivi street:

This is where the new road ends. Intersection with Riia street. View towards Tallinn.

Intersection between Riia street and T-59.
Old January 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM   #728
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1318

Can you show on a map where exacctly the new road is located?
makaveli6 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM   #729
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2269

Would this map do?

[IMG]http://i43.************/vo4h3b.jpg[/IMG]

Also you can see the construction progress in Yandex maps: http://maps.yandex.ru/-/CFfCETOk
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:38 PM   #730
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1318

That's nice, thanks Ripley, as always.
makaveli6 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:04 PM   #731
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
Would this map do?

[IMG]http://i43.************/vo4h3b.jpg[/IMG]

Also you can see the construction progress in Yandex maps: http://maps.yandex.ru/-/CFfCETOk
Part of a future first motorway (with green signs) in Estonia ?

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #732
Rebasepoiss

It's just an arterial street, nothing more. If you look at Hasper's photos, you can see it's not even grade-separated.
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #733
Tin_Can

Last month's Kose-Aruvalla section (on E263) construction news bulletin (.pdf, only in Estonian language) > http://www.nordecon.com/content/file...t%20nr%202.pdf
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:40 PM   #734
maanus_j

Likes (Received): 26

a youtube video of Väo interchange:

... which shows the modifications made to the previous project. largest change is that the bunch of houses near Pirita river get a proper acces road.

also, i saw that construction of Vana-Narva mnt flyover (here) has stalled, land issues haven't still been resolved. the beginning and end of the flyover seemed more-or-less complete, but it was all quiet in the middle.
maanus_j no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:32 PM   #735
Hasper

Quote:
also, i saw that construction of Vana-Narva mnt flyover (here) has stalled, land issues haven't still been resolved. the beginning and end of the flyover seemed more-or-less complete, but it was all quiet in the middle.
Really?
Beginning is under construction:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/59423677
Middle is also under construction:
http://parovoz.com/newgallery/pg_vie...LNG=RU#picture
Those yandex images are a bit outdated. You can see that the Joelahtme interchange left bridge hasn't been constructed yet.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:55 PM   #736
maanus_j

Likes (Received): 26

there are two flyovers.
the first one over Põhjaranna tee (your 1st photo) is complete, though not yet in use.
the second one is over several railway lines. your 2nd photo shows one end of the 2nd flyover (over Maardu-Muuga railway). both ends of the flyover over existing railway lines are complete. what is missing, is the middle section over some empty plot (and future railway tracks).
you should be able to find some recent news stories about the land dispute. as i remember, the main problem was that the compensation the owner of the empty plot wanted was too large.
maanus_j no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #737
Hasper

In a recent interview, project manager of the planning department of the Estonian road administration has stated, that Sillamae bypass (E20) won't be build until year 2040. This is why, they plan to focus on improving safety on the existing road. With this in mind, they want to rebuild the railroad crossing into an interchange:

and build several tunnels for pedestrians within the city:

The road will stay 1+1. Construction is expected to start in 2015 - 2017 (So in reality it won't happen before 2020 ).
Local authorities on the other hand want the bypass to be build. Saying that one carriageway of the bypass + railroad interchange won't be that more expensive than building the interchange on the existing road.

With this in mind, we can state, that the widening of E20 between ~km170 and km207 has been dropped for the next 20 years. There is still a chance, that the Johvi - Toila section might get some attention, as the traffic density there is quite high.

Johvi - Narva section of E20 is considered to be one of the most dangerous road sections. The main problem - road having small radius curves and lots of intersections, lack of bicycle roads and people making dangerous overtakes. I don't see how railroad interchange can improve the situation there.
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #738
Rebasepoiss

An update on Ülemiste junction construction in Tallinn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Can View Post
Small photo update of Ülemiste road junction construction. Nice progress on those tunnels - looks like in next few months main railway line will be rebuilt and by summer temporary railways are gone.

Old February 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #739
Tin_Can

Two days ago iceroad nr.1 was opened between Haapsalu town and Österby in Noarootsi/Nuckö parish. 3,7km long iceroad over Haapsalu bay cuts travel time between these two locations from 40min to 10min. Current weight limit is 2,5 tons maximum.

Map guide:
Green - opened iceroads
Red - closed iceroads

And it's likely that in tomorrow iceroad nr.2 (between Rohuküla & Vormsi island) will be also opened.
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #740
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wover View Post
So far, only around 20 individuals have purchased an electric car under the support scheme where the government gives a 50% discount (up to 15 000 euros if I'm not mistaken) on electric car purchase.

The government has also given social workers a total of 500 electric cars (these are driving around already).
I thank God that has created estonian people to fulfill my dreams - first e-gov and now abandoning petrol fueled cars and popularising electric ones.

Huge respect!
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
estonia, highways, motorways, roads