daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:08 PM   #1481
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

Nice work - keep it updating
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #1482
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1319

Thanks!
----
Latvia: A8 Rīga - Jelgava.

My clinched highways in Latvia (updated Jan 2018), Lithuania (updated Jan 2018) &
Poland.
makaveli6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #1483
makaveli6
(:

After a lot of reading, reworking and drawing I have finished the map.

If anyone has some corrections or questions, I'd be happy to correct the map or answer youre questions.

----

Also works on P62 between Rudzāti and Preiļu rajons, will start in march/april.

My clinched highways in Latvia (updated Jan 2018), Lithuania (updated Jan 2018) &
Poland.
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #1484
crimio
Romania

Likes (Received): 550

Nice work!
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1485
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Motorways and expressways? Sweet. Is there legislation for those already? And what's the difference between those two in Latvia?

What about the new bridge east of the Riga reservoir dam - any guesses about years?
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #1486
Burtinsh
LM

Likes (Received): 18

So sweet. I truly hope all of it would be built until 2025 or 2030 at most.. And a question as you said.. What about new A6/E22 part? The one that is being built now. Afaik it was planned as a future motorway too..
Burtinsh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #1487
makaveli6
(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
Motorways and expressways? Sweet. Is there legislation for those already? And what's the difference between those two in Latvia?

What about the new bridge east of the Riga reservoir dam - any guesses about years?
Information I used for the map is mostly pre-crisis stuff, so these plans will probably change, whenever something of the shown will go ahead. As for motorways and expressways, the biggest diffrence is the speed limit (130/110 km/h respectively and expressways are allowed to have one interchange per kilometer, but motorways are allowed to have one interchange on bigger distance (4km?).

Are you talking about the one shown on map? On pre-crisis time it was planned that construction would start around 2014, but now it seems that we wont see any construction there before 2025, but I hope I'm wrong, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtinsh View Post
So sweet. I truly hope all of it would be built until 2025 or 2030 at most.. And a question as you said.. What about new A6/E22 part? The one that is being built now. Afaik it was planned as a future motorway too..
Only few projects could be realised before that time, probably A10, Ķekava bypass A7, and maybe the E22 enterance in to Riga.
A6/E22 Tīnu˛i-Koknese wont be upgraded in nearest time, I haven't heard any real plans for that, though thats my guess, because I havent seen any real plans on paper about widening it.

Poland.
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #1488
Burtinsh
LM

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli6 View Post
Only few projects could be realised before that time, probably A10, Ķekava bypass A7, and maybe the E22 enterance in to Riga.
A6/E22 Tīnu˛i-Koknese wont be upgraded in nearest time, I haven't heard any real plans for that, though thats my guess, because I havent seen any real plans on paper about widening it.
Hmm, thanks. But it's still weird, because when I read the project somewhere like year ago it was one of main purposes of current construction, to widen it starting from 2017 or something like that. That's also the reason why they're making 2 level junctions on the road. Or at least they should make them..
Burtinsh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #1489
makaveli6
(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtinsh View Post
Hmm, thanks. But it's still weird, because when I read the project somewhere like year ago it was one of main purposes of current construction, to widen it starting from 2017 or something like that. That's also the reason why they're making 2 level junctions on the road. Or at least they should make them..
Yeah, there were some talks, but nothing has really been done on that matter since then. Anyway the project itself wont payoff in another 20-30 years, not even talking about the further stages till Pļavinas and even Jēkabpils, so I dont see them widening it until it starts to pay off, or atleast until E22 is extended in to Riga, and as I said, that wont happen in the next ten years.

Poland.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #1490
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
As for motorways and expressways, the biggest diffrence is the speed limit (130/110 km/h respectively and expressways are allowed to have one interchange per kilometer, but motorways are allowed to have one interchange on bigger distance (4km?).
I see. In that case expressway is probably better to Ainaži as well as it is at the Riga bypass. But all the way to Bauska? Not motorway at all?

Quote:
Are you talking about the one shown on map? On pre-crisis time it was planned that construction would start around 2014, but now it seems that we wont see any construction there before 2025, but I hope I'm wrong, hehe.
Yes, on E67. Maybe EU could help a little, it would benefit international traffic a lot anyway.
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1491
makaveli6
(:

All of these projects will probably built only if EU helps with the money. Our road budget is about 150 million Lats a year, that includes maintaining the highways in winter etc. Almost all current construction works are financed by EU.

Poland.
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #1492
makaveli6
(:

This might as well be the final version for now, I have scrapped the motorway/expressway colours and created just one, for all dual carriageways, removed final part of Jelgava and Ķekava southern bypass and added the last missing link of Riga bypass.

Poland.

Happy.New.Morozzzz liked this post
Old February 7th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #1493
makaveli6
(:

And here is the map of Riga, I would appriciate some corrections, because I have a feeling that something is missing.

----
Another bunch of projects that will probably be realised this year:
  • Seam recovery on Saulkrasti bypass. ~50 000Ls
  • Renovation of Riga HES, bridge over Daugava. ~65 000Ls
  • Renovation of A5 interchange with A8 and V13. ~170 000Ls
  • Renovation of A12 viaduct over Rēzekne - Pskov railway line. ~220 000Ls.
  • Finishing reconstruction of E22/P32 local road 0.0.km - 2,060km. ~727 000Ls.
  • A8 (Rīga - Jelgava - LT) 49.3km - 60,0km. ~7 395 000Ls.

Poland.
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #1494
makaveli6
(:

AADT list for 2012 has been released. I've put the A roads on a map.

Red = 25,000+
Dark Orange = 20,000 - 25,000
Orange = 10,000 - 20,000
Dark Blue = 5,000 - 10,000
Light blue = 0 -5,000

Comparing to 2011, in general the traffic volumes have increased. Especially on A5, A6 and A9, but we still haven;t reached the pre-crisis amount.

Poland.

PhirgataZFs1694 liked this post
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #1495
Jevpls

Likes (Received): 6

Hey, where did you get information about planned dual carriageways in post #1492?
Who has planned those roads to be rebuilt?
Jevpls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #1496
makaveli6
(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevpls View Post
Hey, where did you get information about planned dual carriageways in post #1492?
Who has planned those roads to be rebuilt?
Could you PM me with more detalied information on what projects you are intrested?

Poland.
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #1497
Jevpls

Quote:
Could you PM me with more detalied information on what projects you are intrested?
You got me wrong. Simply I think that you might be wrong a bit.
For example A6 section Pļaviņas - Jēkabpils. I'm sure that it won't be dual carriageway. It makes no sense because E22 section Tīnūži - Koknese is built as 2 lane road. By the way, Riga East entrance (E22) is going to be dual carriageway till A4 only.
Then A7. Probably will be dual carriageway till Iecava but not till Bauska.
A9. There might be dual carriageway in a far future (if you are interested then add it's section till road P98).

Maybe your sources are different from my sources and that could explain something
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #1498
makaveli6
(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevpls View Post
You got me wrong. Simply I think that you might be wrong a bit.
For example A6 section Pļaviņas - Jēkabpils. I'm sure that it won't be dual carriageway. It makes no sense because E22 section Tīnū˛i - Koknese is built as 2 lane road. By the way, Riga East entrance (E22) is going to be dual carriageway till A4 only.
Then A7. Probably will be dual carriageway till Iecava but not till Bauska.
A9. There might be dual carriageway in a far future (if you are interested then add it's section till road P98).

Maybe your sources are different from my sources and that could explain something
No, no, my sources come from LVC.
Pļāvinas - Jēkabpils will be built after widening Tīnu˛i-Koknese and after Koknese-Pļaviņas gets built. Riga enterance road will be all the way motorway, and after that, all the sections until Jēkabpils will be widened.
A7 will be dual carrigeway until Bauska + Bauska bypass, but that wont be realised in the next 10-15 years, probably, except for Ķekava bypass.
A9 wont be a dual carriageway in the next 30 years atleast, due to lack of traffic, though it will be upgraded to Via Baltic/Tīnu˛i - Koknese standarts, leaving spaces to widen it if traffic demands it.

Poland.
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #1499
Jevpls

Quote:
A9 wont be a dual carriageway in the next 30 years atleast, due to lack of traffic
You should put other objects in this list too
I agree that we might see dual carriageways in places you mentioned but not in near future. Let's take Koknese - Pļaviņas or Pļaviņas - Jēkabpils. Right now AADT there is ~6000 vehicles per day. Don't forget that some of them (1/2 or maybe 1/3) anyway will use existing A6. What do we get - 3000-4000 vehicles per day on the new road. Is there any needs for dual carriageway there? Sounds NO for me.
AADT annual growth isn't the same as it was on year 2007 and it might take some time to rise the AADT.
Old March 7th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #1500
makaveli6
(:

Some news:
  • P130 Līgas-Kandava-Veģi (13,950km - 15,300km) roadbed deformation prevention works should start this summer.
  • A12 Jēkabpils-Rēzekne-Ludza-RUS (162,000km - 163,700km) reconstruction works should start in 2014.

Poland.

Tags
highways, motorways