daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 10th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #1041
ilyan

Likes (Received): 863

And now in Lithuania has only one project u/c Vilnius southern bypass? What about 3rd stage of Jakai interchage and bypass of Ravilshkes.
ilyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #1042
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyan View Post
And now in Lithuania has only one project u/c Vilnius southern bypass?
The (2nd stage of the) western bypass of Vilnius is also currently under construction.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1043
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
Hurry the f**k up!
+1

Excellent job so far, Xmaster!
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #1044
crimio
Romania

Likes (Received): 550

How many km of motorway are in Lithuania?
In 2005 they had only 523 km. Today is the same?
crimio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1045
PovilD
Naudotojas

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimio View Post
According to this site (official site of company who's responsible for maintenance of all Lithuanian expressways and motorways (exluding A9 expressway stretch)) there's only about 309 km of motorway in Lithuania currently and it's almost the same as it was in 2005.
PovilD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #1046
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimio View Post
Lithuania didn't have 523 km of motorways, because Vilnius-Kaunas stretch isn't a motorway. As PovilD wrote, there are 309 kilometers of motorways in Lithuania. To add up, expressways are 65 km + ~9 km recently opened expressway stretch in A9 road. Plus there are approx ~90 km of dual carriageways. Numbers are not very high, but taking account population of 3 millions people it sounds quite reasonable.
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1047
PovilD
Naudotojas

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyan View Post
And now in Lithuania has only one project u/c Vilnius southern bypass? What about 3rd stage of Jakai interchage and bypass of Ravilshkes.
Whole Jakai interchange should be finished between 2015 and 2017 but Radviliskis bypass will be build only after stretch Radviliskis - Seduva and might be not in this decade (the reason is that in Radviliskis there is wide street suitable for transit traffic)

Last edited by PovilD; January 11th, 2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: o_O
PovilD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1048
crimio
Romania

Likes (Received): 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by PovilD View Post
According to this site (official site of company who's responsible for maintenance of all Lithuanian expressways and motorways (exluding A9 expressway stretch)) there's only about 309 km of motorway in Lithuania currently and it's almost the same as it was in 2005.
Thanks!
crimio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:14 PM   #1049
KonstantinasŠirvydas
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1110

http://www.pauliusd.com/wordpress/

crimio liked this post
KonstantinasŠirvydas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #1050
Сталин
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1116

Where are the planned or U/C highways/roads?
Сталин no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #1051
KonstantinasŠirvydas
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1110

You paint it.
KonstantinasŠirvydas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #1052
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonstantinasŠirvydas View Post
You paint it.
I'm not sure he was demanding a revision of the map. He may have just been asking the question about where (on the terrain, not the map) are planned and under construction roads in LT.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #1053
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 396

I think E67 is currently the only planned motorway (it's ~250 km so quite long). The section Kaunas - Marijampolė is receiving a lot of media attention due to the high number of accidents there so that one will be built first. Marijampolė - Polish border should follow soon after. The construction of the Kaunas - Marijampolė section should have started a long time ago but there are lots of problems with land acquisition there.

With regards to dual carriageways, there's only one big project that is u/c at the moment, which is the Vilnius western bypass. It will connect the A2 and A1. Vilnius southern bypass is also u/c but that one won't be dual carriageway all the way from what I know.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #1054
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetz View Post
I think E67 is currently the only planned motorway (it's ~250 km so quite long). The section Kaunas - Marijampolė is receiving a lot of media attention due to the high number of accidents there so that one will be built first.
That makes sense.

Quote:
Marijampolė - Polish border should follow soon after.
Before Kaunas - Panevezys?
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #1055
bleetz
one.man.army

I am not sure about that one. I think that section is seen as very important by local exporters as it is the only road to the west, so I assume that there will be more pressure to build that one first. I also read something about that in the news recently, but I don't think any of this is confirmed. They should just stop talking and build the Kaunas - Marijampolė first, it is long overdue.

BTW, here's an AADT map from 2007. It would be hard to choose between Marijampolė - border and Kaunas - Panevėžys based on AADT only, but I would assume that the former is much shorter, has a higher proportion of trucks and is more important to exporters, so that one would probably get built first (if ever).
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #1056
mcarling

Quote:
They should just stop talking and build the Kaunas - Marijampolė first, it is long overdue.

Quote:
BTW, here's an AADT map from 2007. It would be hard to choose between Marijampolė - border and Kaunas - Panevėžys based on AADT only, but I would assume that the former is much shorter, has a higher proportion of trucks and is more important to exporters, so that one would probably get built first (if ever).
I think that EU funding will ensure that the Via Baltica is built to 2x2 at least from the PL border to Pasvalys (and from Bauska to Riga), because Estonia, Latvia, and Finland support EU funds for the Via Baltica. I guess it will probably take a long time though.
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #1057
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1315

IMHO, the Panevezys-Kaunas stretch should be upgraded first, though I havent traveled on the E67 after Kaunas, since 2007. As for any plans of E67 upgrading in Latvia, only stretch that will be upgraded in the next 10-15 years will be Ķekava bypass, which will be built as a expressway.

My clinched highways in Latvia (updated Jan 2018), Lithuania (updated Jan 2018) &
Poland.
makaveli6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1058
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli6 View Post
As for any plans of E67 upgrading in Latvia, only stretch that will be upgraded in the next 10-15 years will be Ķekava bypass, which will be built as a expressway.
You may be right, but the 2014-2020 EU funding plans have not yet been finalized. Whenever the EU offer any of the less wealthy member states 85% of the money to build any useful road, the offer is generally accepted. Latvia would be an exception if they walked away from that much money. Each of the Baltic States have an interest in improvements to the Via Baltica, not only in their own state but in any of the Baltic States + Poland. That makes the Via Baltica something of a priority at the EU. Until the 2014-2020 EU funding has been finalized, I would hesitate to guess which projects will be funded and in what order within the Baltic States. I think bleetz makes a good point that Kaunas - Marijampole is likely to be a priority because of the recent well-publicized accidents.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #1059
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2269

Quote:
As for any plans of E67 upgrading in Latvia, only stretch that will be upgraded in the next 10-15 years will be Ķekava bypass, which will be built as a expressway.
E67 doesn't run through Ķekava, so it has nothing to do with Via Baltica. If you mentioned A4, then ok.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1060
bleetz
one.man.army

Quote:
IMHO, the Panevezys-Kaunas stretch should be upgraded first
The first section of E67 that will be built to motorway standard in Lithuania is Kaunas - Marijampolė, there's no doubt about it. You get at least one weekly report (usually up to 2-3) about crashes in that section in the press and that section is a hot topic in Lithuania. Lots of people are angry with the conditions there, it is called the 'road of death', some people jokingly call it 'Dakar'. I have driven on that road myself and, while there's nothing wrong with the road quality itself, it is way, way too overcrowded for its type and begs to be expanded, more so than any other section of any road currently in Lithuania.

By the way, Via Baltica got the 'critical state project' status last August in Seimas that will facilitate land acquisitions. In various Lithuanian press releases, you can find the following paragraph:

Quote:
Kelyje "Via Baltica" numatoma atlikti daug rekonstrukcijos darbų: įrengti skirtingų lygių sankryžas, eismo saugos priemones, iki 2020 m. nutiesti dar dvi eismo juostas šalia dabartinio kelio Kaunas-Marijampolė-Suvalkai bei Ramygalos aplinkkelį.

Translation: Lots of reconstruction projects are planned for 'Via Baltica', among them are grade separated junctions, implementation of safety measures and, until 2020, construction of two additional traffic lanes next to the current Kaunas-Marijampolė-Suwalki section, as well as construction of Ramygala bypass.
Sources:

http://www.ve.lt/naujienos/lietuva/l...galejo-794075/

http://www.liberalai.lt/lt/naujienos...trukcijai-1706

(Few others [not sure where they got the info from, I presume the Ministry of Transport])

Obviously Ramygala bypass is in the Panevėžys - Kaunas section, but I belive that this is the only project that that section can be expecting relatively soon.

Tags
lithuania, roads