daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #1161
Agnette

Likes (Received): 29

Actually, the first is Aleksotas bridge...

Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #1162
PovilD
Naudotojas

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnette View Post
Actually, the first is Aleksotas bridge...
The first rural
PovilD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #1163
dr_szczecin

Likes (Received): 43

I found this. Can anyone tell me something more about this? What projects is ongoing and what are still to come? And then on which "title" can I find more info for each one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster View Post
Google Street View arrival to Lithuania inspired me to update a map of Lithuanian roads and create Vilnius map

Ok, here is an updated roadmap of Lithuania - I've added two projects, that has already environmental impact assessed. A5 motorway project between Kaunas and Marijampolė and A9 road expressway project between Radviliškis and Šeduva. If you see on old map without this update - hit a refresh button

Vilnius map. I have marked streets as dual carriageways, which has a divider and have a bit more limited number of crossings than ussual streets (however some stretches have traffic lights). Streets, that are at least 2x2 lanes, but has no divider, were not marked as dual carriageways.

If somebody will spot inaccuracy - feel free to write about it
I'm really struggling to find any more specific info in english, so I would really like to ask you for another favour. If anyone would be so kind and post some links in lithuanian (and then I'm going to translate it) or even better in english. Thanks you are saving my ass and it is still Christmas time, so Marry Christmas to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PovilD View Post
No, there isn't such map yet, but according to the media, the main works in 2014-2020, will be widening of Kaunas northern bypass (between A5 and A6), Eastern Kaunas bypass (139 road+new road+Ateities pl. widening), construction of Klaipėda Southern Expressway Bypass to the port, reconstruction of 1x2 road between Kaunas and Marijampolė to motorway and completion of Vilnius bypass system.

Check the pictures of the planned reconstructions of junctions in Kaunas bypass: http://www.delfi.lt/verslas/transpor....d?id=48896188 (scroll down a little bit)
dr_szczecin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #1164
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

The roads shown in red on the Vilnius map opened recently. [deleted] Plans are progressing for the A5.

Last edited by mcarling; February 11th, 2014 at 11:40 PM.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #1165
PovilD
Naudotojas

All ways marked under construction on that map above should be changed as fully operating roads (black marking). Construction on blue marked ways isn't started yet. Construction of North/South road (Western bypass) of Vilnius will start in late 2014

Enviromental impact assesed for Kaunas eastern (southeastern) bypass:
http://www.infraplanas.lt/site/uploa...ROGRAMA_06.pdf

Construction will start 2020, when Kaunas-Marijampole will be likely under construction or even complete.

Talking about the map, I unspotted any map of planned and perspective highway constructions in 5 to 10 year period made by national authorities so it would be cool that our map would be expanded (planned widenings, constructions of new dual-carriegeways, expressways and motorways in 10-20 year perspective)

Last edited by PovilD; December 26th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1166
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PovilD View Post
Construction of North/South road (Western bypass) of Vilnius will start in late 2014
I was there a couple of months ago it looked like construction was starting. Maybe what I saw was soil investigation or an unrelated project.
Old January 4th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #1167
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

Summarizing year 2013, they were pretty good for Lithuanian road infrastructure, some very important projects were finished, mainly related with an infrastructure around Vilnius:
  • 2.84 km newly opened 2x3 lanes stretch of western bypass of Vilnius. After finishing mentioned 2nd stage, the whole western bypass currently forms in total 3.35 km long 2x3 lanes road. 3rd stage, the last one, will be around 6 km long 2x3 lanes road and is expected to be started around year 2015.
  • 7.6 km newly opened 2x2 lanes stretch of southern bypass of Vilnius. In total, with previous stages, which were finished few years ago, now it forms 9.5 km reconstructed 2x2 lanes road. This stretch received a road number A19. There is an uncertain date when next stages of southern bypass will be started.
  • New street in Vilnius, which connects international airport of Vilnius with inner southern city bypass (Žirnių street) of Vilnius. The street is 1.4 km, also new viaduct over a Žirnių street was built.
  • Also oficially has been opened, 2x2 expressway status road, which is Kairiai bypass on A9 road near Šiauliai. This stretch is 7 km long and with previously opened stretch forms approx 14 km long 2x2 expressway.
  • Not a 2x2, but important 6.5 km long 1x2 lanes bypass of Prekulė town was opened at the end of year on a local road no. 141.
  • Also in total 25 km long stretches were renovated on A1 motorway between Kaunas and Klaipėda.

For 2014 it is still uncertain which projects will be started. I guess we will have the information after few motnhs when exact budget will be known for a Lithuanian Roads Adminsitration and also for 2014-2020 EU funds money.

Update: Also last year was succesful regarding the safety of roads. In comparison with year 2012 there were less deadly accidents on roads. Death number decreased 14 percent from 302 in year 2012, to 260 in year 2013.

Last edited by Xmaster; January 4th, 2014 at 06:33 PM.
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #1168
dr_szczecin

Hey guys, it's me again

I was trying to make a list of the planned road projects in Lithuania. That's what I've got. Do you think that I missed something important?
  • Construction of Southern bypass of Klaipėda
  • Construction of Palanga bypass. A project carried under public and private partnership
  • Kaunas bypass - widening of Kaunas Northern bypass (between A5 and A6), Eastern Kaunas bypass
  • Vilnius bypass - Vilnius Southern Bypass and Western Bypass completion
  • Marijampole-Kybartai (Lithuania/Rumanian border) – project of road upgrading
  • Vilnius-Lithuania/Byelorussian border – project of road upgrading
  • Via Baltica – cited reconstruction of road between Kaunas and Marijampolė

Is there any specific data about the bolded projects?
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1169
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4731

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_szczecin View Post
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #1170
mcarling

Quote:
Marijampole-Kybartai (Lithuania/Rumanian border) – project of road upgrading

It will stop short of the Romanian border. Lithuania will do the works only as far as the Polish border.
Old January 16th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #1171
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
It will stop short of the Romanian border. Lithuania will do the works only as far as the Polish border.
Kybartai - Russian (Kaliningrad) border

The planned Via Carpatica is actually the main road to Romania, it will go along with Via Baltica from Kaunas to Bialystok then through Lublin, Rzeszow, Slovakia, Hungary to Oradea, Romania and further through Western Romania and Bulgaria to Thesaloniki, Greece.

I just found the map of planned route:
http://ecrgroup.eu/wp-content/upload...ia-300x400.jpg

Last edited by PovilD; January 16th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:14 PM   #1172
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Quote:
Hey guys, it's me again

I was trying to make a list of the planned road projects in Lithuania. That's what I've got. Do you think that I missed something important?
  • Construction of Southern bypass of Klaipėda
  • Construction of Palanga bypass. A project carried under public and private partnership
  • Kaunas bypass - widening of Kaunas Northern bypass (between A5 and A6), Eastern Kaunas bypass
  • Vilnius bypass - Vilnius Southern Bypass and Western Bypass completion
  • Vilnius-Lithuania/Byelorussian border – project of road upgrading
  • Via Baltica – cited reconstruction of road between Kaunas and Marijampolė

You forgot A9 road, Radviliškis - Šeduva stretch (~11 km) reconstruction to 2x2 expressway and upgrading Panevėžys bypass to 2+1 in Via BAltica.
Old January 17th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #1173
dr_szczecin

OK thanks and sorry for the silly mistake.
Old January 17th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #1174
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster View Post
You forgot A9 road, Radviliškis - Šeduva stretch (~11 km) reconstruction to 2x2 expressway and upgrading Panevėžys bypass to 2+1 in Via BAltica.
Kaunas-Prienai. Also 2+1
Old April 24th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #1175
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Was a long time without any news feed here.
There is a new bridge construction going on over Nemunas river. This bridge is a joint project of Lithuania and Kaliningrad region. It is necesarry part of a project to construct a bypass of 2 border towns Panemunė (LT) and Sovetsk (RU).

I post some pictures, which were published today in a news website www.delfi.lt so all credits goes to them

Nigel20, RipleyLV liked this post
Old June 7th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #1176
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1314

I'm going to Biržai tomorrow, coming from Latvian A7, are there any intresting sights not far from my route?

My clinched highways in Latvia (updated Jan 2018), Lithuania (updated Jan 2018) &
Poland.
makaveli6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #1177
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli6 View Post
I'm going to Biržai tomorrow, coming from Latvian A7, are there any intresting sights not far from my route?
Biržai region is famous for its distinctive sinkhole landscape, created by the dissolution of the gypsum underlying its soil. The most famous and the most visited sinkhole is Karvės ola (located here: http://goo.gl/maps/O6Wz9)
Old August 2nd, 2014, 09:06 PM   #1178
PovilD
Naudotojas

Interesting changes in Lithuanian traffic code:
  • Maximum speed for expressways will be risen from 110 to 120 km/h in summer and from 100 to 110 km/h in winter. Motorway speed will remain the same
  • Motorway sign will be changed from green to blue, green destination signage will remain green. Something like in Czechia and Slovakia
  • New road signs had implied:
[IMG]http://www.************/forumas/picture.php?albumid=510&pictureid=48375[/IMG][IMG]http://www.************/forumas/picture.php?albumid=510&pictureid=48376[/IMG][IMG]http://www.************/forumas/picture.php?albumid=510&pictureid=48377[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.************/forumas/picture.php?albumid=510&pictureid=48372[/IMG]
  • First one is completely new one and will be use to mark places to stop for SOS cases.
  • Second one is a new version of the sign for tourist destinations (old one didn't have any picture in it)
  • Third one will be used to mark speed cameras. New version
  • Fourth one is also a completely new sign in our country. We used uneven road signs instead

RipleyLV, Luki_SL liked this post

Last edited by PovilD; August 2nd, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 10:40 AM   #1179
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1818

Nice additions to the road signs It's interesting to see that Lithuania chose the same design for the speed camera sign as Estonia (which we copied from Finland )
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 11:57 AM   #1180
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

Latvia is also introducing new additions to road signs as of next year. Most noticeable change will be within populated areas. Similar system like in Poland or Estonia.

Speed limit after this sign remains the same:

After this sign is lowered to 50 km/h:

Also we'll have the SOS sign aswell:

And for traffic congestion:

As for the speed camera sign, welcome to the club.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithuania, roads